• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2016 CGC Registry Awards

29 posts in this topic

Thank you! It's one of the centerpieces of my comic collection. I credit timing and luck. The #1, also the Windy City pedigree copy was offered to me anonymously through eBay after l was under bidder on a low grade copy. I went hard for that beater as I knew how tough the book was. That was at least over a decade ago. It was a 'risk' as I didn't know the seller , but it was a gamble I was willing to take, and the book wasn't cheap, but I think a copy in the same grade mine is would fetch higher in an auction. The seller turned out to be the Boardie we all know and love as Dr. Love I would discover after joining these Boards.

The #2 and #3 were long on my want list with Metropolis Comics, and one day I get an email BOTH copies had come in. At the time I couldn't afford to buy both outright and contacted Vincent and said though I want both I would just get the #2 and get a #3 another time when one surfaced. He suggested I do a time pay because the books are notoriously tough and when would I get the opportunity again? Needless to say the choice I made. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet.

BTW, my set was used for the PBS show History Detectives when they profiled the series.

-can the CGC update the registry portal page and link it to the 2016 winners instead of 2015- people need to have direct access to Godzilla and Zombies! thanks!

Seems to be fixed - the link to my Godzilla set works (thumbs u

So true about needing those 2 sets in one's life :acclaim:

I never did say thank you to the judges... thank you.

award_zpszb6chez7.jpg

I've just been really busy with my writing.

Here's a neat little comic book type article, a regional paper picked up.

DSC08711_zpsxgjkgcti.jpg

I'll be back around again.

Congratulations on both achievements, Jerel :applause:

takeyourlemons,

Please email me. I want to make sure that this gets resolved for you.

-Mollie

mdavis@cgccomics.com

Didn't see this (PM probably works better since I'm not fawning over the forum like in my younger years....) but it looks like an updated set was mailed to me.

Thank you.