• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2023 at 9:41 PM, World Devourer said:

fbs, I agree. It is just one of those great unknowns. Whilst I believe there is a likely scenario (given the value of the item) , I concede it is speculation.

We just have a fascinating hobby that continues to evolve. All be able to know more how the market looks overall after my first show in March. 

Another one I’d flag in the watch category and worth keeping a eye on is the Wolverine #310 Platt variants, the non sketch has only 65 graded (1:100 I believe) and sketch has only 48 (1:200) I know it’s not Spider-Man but wolverine collectors are still biggish bunch and this always seems to go up. 

a raw sold $1750 at end of Nov so CGC might be pretty high if one comes up (not many do with those census numbers) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404011350864?hash=item5e10f3fb50:g:0EwAAOSw9b9jfVML&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsPm2VlqiP5jnCriE3g6ovxcXMmOs%2BvTdyKZdpSZoUZYT3WaNnbBoUnHzRGmOwcJX2lzgwlX%2F5V14Iwkb7F0Lvv9h4CLcScSO0vPPntZXKabOJiZuf40iy3BhlXArErOxQw2j7vTEtK8FXviiYkwbtYzUSKnsNwJTZoD%2FcEfG9a%2BeyptD0rY87YNDpYJCarLoQtzrTPFxPoOVIJ6545N%2FxeKGkeDhmBNBQGPsDGPLSYCl|tkp%3ABk9SR_7n7rS0YQ

On 1/12/2023 at 11:18 AM, Archaeos said:

Another one I’d flag in the watch category and worth keeping a eye on is the Wolverine #310 Platt variants, the non sketch has only 65 graded (1:100 I believe) and sketch has only 48 (1:200) I know it’s not Spider-Man but wolverine collectors are still biggish bunch and this always seems to go up. 

a raw sold $1750 at end of Nov so CGC might be pretty high if one comes up (not many do with those census numbers) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404011350864?hash=item5e10f3fb50:g:0EwAAOSw9b9jfVML&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsPm2VlqiP5jnCriE3g6ovxcXMmOs%2BvTdyKZdpSZoUZYT3WaNnbBoUnHzRGmOwcJX2lzgwlX%2F5V14Iwkb7F0Lvv9h4CLcScSO0vPPntZXKabOJiZuf40iy3BhlXArErOxQw2j7vTEtK8FXviiYkwbtYzUSKnsNwJTZoD%2FcEfG9a%2BeyptD0rY87YNDpYJCarLoQtzrTPFxPoOVIJ6545N%2FxeKGkeDhmBNBQGPsDGPLSYCl|tkp%3ABk9SR_7n7rS0YQ

A raw going for that price is impressive. Based on scarcity a 9.8 could be a real surprise.

On 1/11/2023 at 4:18 PM, Archaeos said:

That book was on the Radar last time.  There were no recent 9.8 sales to earn it a place on this update. 

Thanks for your support!

-J.

On 11/28/2022 at 8:06 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Miles morales is a spec character and there are loads of copies of the UF 4 variant out there, most auctions seem to have at least one 9.8 copy for sale nowadays including the two copies coming up on heritage, as well as lower grades, not to mention for sale on ebay and instagram every day.  It literally is the warehouse book that plenty of people in this forum at one point speculated the ASM 667 Dell'otto "could be".   ASM 667 will always be king.   

-J.

Less than 4 months later... 

On 3/2/2023 at 8:27 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

:popcorn:

On 3/2/2023 at 6:47 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

UF4 wins in last sale, 90-day average, and 12-month average. It's clear it's the king right now.

You're looking at GPA data based on one sale in one grade..  I'm looking at 6 total head to heads in 9.8 two of which are not on GPA, and that stands Dell'otto, 4-2 and every other grade.   There will not be any further any time soon. Meanwhile , many more copies of UF 4 will be coming out over the next few months.  Total head to heads, Dell'otto takes it in 9.8, and hadily.wins in every grade below a 9.8. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 3/2/2023 at 9:04 PM, Jaydogrules said:

You're looking at GPA data based on one sale in one grade..  I'm looking at 6 total head to heads in 9.8 two of which are not on GPA, and that stands Dell'otto, 4-2 and every other grade.   There will not be any further any time soon. Meanwhile , many more copies of UF 4 will be coming out over the next few months.  Total head to heads, Dell'otto takes it in 9.8, and hadily.wins in every grade below a 9.8. 

-J.

Just admit that you don't have UF #4 variant, so people will stop thinking that you've obviously got something against the variants you don't own, and they'll know that you've got something against the variants you don't own.

Your bias is even bigger than these books.

Edited by valiantman

On 3/2/2023 at 7:14 PM, valiantman said:

Just admit that you don't have UF #4 variant, so people will stop thinking that you've obviously got something against the variants you don't own, and they'll know that you've got something against the variants you don't own.

Lol I'm just following the data bub. ALL the data.  

-J.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:17 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Lol I'm just following the data bub. ALL the data.  

-J.

All the data would include the market share also. The collective value of these variants. The books people actually have the most money invested in. ASM 667 has never come close to UF 4... not even close. Just one book is not the market. Four sales of a book is not the market. The whole market is the market.

You act like UF4 variant selling for the same or more than ASM 667 despite being far easier to find is a bad thing. It's absolutely incredible that a book as common as UF4 variant can have that much collective money invested in all those copies of the same thing.

Don't ignore the whole forest of a variant, by clinging to individual trees chopped down a year ago, and then claim you use ALL the data. Your cherry pickin' is transparent.

Edited by valiantman