• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

If you're going to mention price why don't you make an effort to put either current or accurate data in your write ups - any of the ones I checked are very misleading.

The ASM 700 Ditko in CGC 9.8 sells for a grand on a good day...the only number mentioned is the silly 4K prices when it was released.

The ASM 667 has two CGC 9.6 sales for $3550 which is an enormous amount that I presume you feel is low so your write up mentions a $2500 sale of a raw 8.0 ish copy.

It would be nice if others would step up and point out discrepancies in the data being presented here, it's too much work for me & I'm tired.

Sea-otter-yawn.gif

Nothing you have pointed out is a "discrepancy". You just mentioned additional information I did not. I chose to write the little blurbs about each book as I saw fit and nothing I did write is factually incorrect.

Also, simply Re-reading the stated criteria in the original post will answer a lot of questions and any quibbles you may have regarding how I elected to rank the books. ;)

**Edit-- I modified the narrative in the description for the ASM 700 Ditko to clear things up for you. (thumbs u

I kept watching your response change from edits but fell asleep. lol

No, none of your criteria clarifies the spin doctoring of your write ups...now let's do an exercise:

Reread the above two responses, as you'll see I never referred to the two write ups as containing "discrepancies" I said they were "very misleading" specifically for the reasons I documented - they still are. I have no doubt you wrote them as you "saw fit" because that is precisely why many take issue with the things you post.

I could point out a hundred instances where you have posted with a clear intent to influence the market when it comes to this handful of books that you continually promote on these boards. Clearly it's easier for you to promote these books by choosing data points that will convey the message you want, I just think a tighter list with accurate data would reduce the noise or friction you are getting from others, including me earlier in this thread when pointing out how estimated print runs were being presented in a biased way.

:o

You're an aggressive badger.. Or a badgering aggressor...? I can't remember.

/remove tongue from cheek.

:cloud9:

If you're going to mention price why don't you make an effort to put either current or accurate data in your write ups - any of the ones I checked are very misleading.

The ASM 700 Ditko in CGC 9.8 sells for a grand on a good day...the only number mentioned is the silly 4K prices when it was released.

The ASM 667 has two CGC 9.6 sales for $3550 which is an enormous amount that I presume you feel is low so your write up mentions a $2500 sale of a raw 8.0 ish copy.

It would be nice if others would step up and point out discrepancies in the data being presented here, it's too much work for me & I'm tired.

Sea-otter-yawn.gif

Nothing you have pointed out is a "discrepancy". You just mentioned additional information I did not. I chose to write the little blurbs about each book as I saw fit and nothing I did write is factually incorrect.

Also, simply Re-reading the stated criteria in the original post will answer a lot of questions and any quibbles you may have regarding how I elected to rank the books. ;)

**Edit-- I modified the narrative in the description for the ASM 700 Ditko to clear things up for you. (thumbs u

I kept watching your response change from edits but fell asleep. lol

No, none of your criteria clarifies the spin doctoring of your write ups...now let's do an exercise:

Reread the above two responses, as you'll see I never referred to the two write ups as containing "discrepancies" I said they were "very misleading" specifically for the reasons I documented - they still are. I have no doubt you wrote them as you "saw fit" because that is precisely why many take issue with the things you post.

I could point out a hundred instances where you have posted with a clear intent to influence the market when it comes to this handful of books that you continually promote on these boards. Clearly it's easier for you to promote these books by choosing data points that will convey the message you want, I just think a tighter list with accurate data would reduce the noise or friction you are getting from others, including me earlier in this thread when pointing out how estimated print runs were being presented in a biased way.

:o

You're an aggressive badger.. Or a badgering aggressor...? I can't remember.

/remove tongue from cheek.

:cloud9:

Forgot your spoiler tags

lol

Seriously though RMA, did the mods force you to post with spoiler tags from now on?

Jerome

:popcorn:

I wonder if I should do the same to avoid being button humped. hm

I hit notify on one of your posts & got the R2D2 sound effects, it didn't even let me write up the complaint. :(

lol

Seriously though RMA, did the mods force you to post with spoiler tags from now on?

Jerome

:popcorn:

I wonder if I should do the same to avoid being button humped. hm

I hit notify on one of your posts & got the R2D2 sound effects, it didn't even let me write up the complaint. :(

lol

Anyone have any (more) info on the Deadpool 45 Marvel anniversary cover? (shrug)

Key Comments "Marvel Comics 50th Anniversay", variant cover. Ultimate Spider-Man # 1, cover swipe. 1st full Evil Deadpool app.

I see 9x 9.8 graded (6 blue/3 yellow), 27 total graded (13b/14y). Only one sale 9.8 for $800.

Have seen 2x raw sell for 150 and 215, and a BUNCH of sales from the same seller(??) which could mean anything. Besides that one seller, only can find 3 raw sales for this book.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&_pgn=1&_nkw=Deadpool+45+variant+horn&LH_Complete=1

Didn't want to start a full topic, just info seems muddy on this one. If there's a more "variant discussion thread" please direct me there. Thanks in advanced.

Anyone have any (more) info on the Deadpool 45 Marvel anniversary cover? (shrug)

Key Comments "Marvel Comics 50th Anniversay", variant cover. Ultimate Spider-Man # 1, cover swipe. 1st full Evil Deadpool app.

I see 9x 9.8 graded (6 blue/3 yellow), 27 total graded (13b/14y). Only one sale 9.8 for $800.

Have seen 2x raw sell for 150 and 215, and a BUNCH of sales from the same seller(??) which could mean anything. Besides that one seller, only can find 3 raw sales for this book.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&_pgn=1&_nkw=Deadpool+45+variant+horn&LH_Complete=1

Didn't want to start a full topic, just info seems muddy on this one. If there's a more "variant discussion thread" please direct me there. Thanks in advanced.

Sounds like you already know all there is to know about it. (thumbs u

-J.

Here is some research I was doing over a year ago. If anyone wants to continue, please do so.

From 2008 to 2010 Marvel produced partial sketch variants for cons. For 2008 & 2009, I have know idea why but for 2010 it could have been to promote Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited.

All partial sketch variants have no UPC code on the front and back cover

Note: If there is a UPC Code on the front or back cover then it is not the Limited Edition Partial Sketch Variant that Marvel distributed at cons but a retailer incentive.

Print Run: Unknown ?

Partial sketch variants had the main character or team in colour and the background in B&W or sketch.

These are the ones I know so far. There could be more.

Uncanny X-Men #510

New Mutants #1

Black Panther #1

Avengers Children's Crusade #1

Black Widow #1

New Avengers #54

Shield #1

Avengers Initiative #14

Edited by juggernaut

Here is some research I was doing over a year ago. If anyone wants to continue, please do so.

From 2008 to 2010 Marvel produced partial sketch variants for cons. For 2008 & 2009, I have know idea why but for 2010 it could have been to promote Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited.

All partial sketch variants have no UPC code on the front and back cover

Note: If there is a UPC Code on the front or back cover then it is not the Limited Edition Partial Sketch Variant that Marvel distributed at cons but a retailer incentive.

Print Run: Unknown ?

Partial sketch variants had the main character or team in colour and the background in B&W or sketch.

These are the ones I know so far. There could be more.

Uncanny X-Men #510

New Mutants #1

Black Panther #1

Avengers Children's Crusade #1

Black Widow #1

New Avengers #54

Shield #1

Avengers Initiative #14

One of the hardest to find is X-Men Legacy 211

miss read so was wrong on my deleted sentence

Edited by Waylander