• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

Is there a way to find out what the accepted offers were on these?

I just became aware of the high values on these last week, and was quite surprised to find that I have a duplicate of the variant. I collected from 2002 or 2003 until Marvel took over, and I have nearly all of the Dark Horse Star Wars comics and TPBs, aside from the Omnibus TPBs of which I only bought the first half dozen or so. I never imagined any of it would be worth even the money I spent on it.

Marc

CW1.JPG

20210716_220755-1.jpg

On 7/20/2021 at 4:25 PM, mtracy64 said:

Is there a way to find out what the accepted offers were on these?

I just became aware of the high values on these last week, and was quite surprised to find that I have a duplicate of the variant. I collected from 2002 or 2003 until Marvel took over, and I have nearly all of the Dark Horse Star Wars comics and TPBs, aside from the Omnibus TPBs of which I only bought the first half dozen or so. I never imagined any of it would be worth even the money I spent on it.

Marc

CW1.JPG

20210716_220755-1.jpg

Nice! Are you getting them graded?

Yes, I'm going to submit them. The regular edition is 9.4 or better, but the variants look like about 9.0's that could benefit from pressing. I've purchased graded books, but I've never submitted anything. I've lurked here for a long time, mostly in GA, but my first post was a few days ago to ask advice about submitting books.

I see that the 9.6 variant sold for $5,500 tonight, and I can't help but think it could have done better after seeing what the 9.8's went for.

Marc

On 7/20/2021 at 10:32 PM, mtracy64 said:

Yes, I'm going to submit them. The regular edition is 9.4 or better, but the variants look like about 9.0's that could benefit from pressing. I've purchased graded books, but I've never submitted anything. I've lurked here for a long time, mostly in GA, but my first post was a few days ago to ask advice about submitting books.

I see that the 9.6 variant sold for $5,500 tonight, and I can't help but think it could have done better after seeing what the 9.8's went for.

Marc

There is a Facebook group for Cleaning and Pressing, if you're looking to find a presser. I've never used anyone through there, but there are a number of reputable people that the community recommends. Not sure how much it would cost for a high-value book.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

On 7/20/2021 at 10:41 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

There is a Facebook group for Cleaning and Pressing, if you're looking to find a presser. I've never used anyone through there, but there are a number of reputable people that the community recommends. Not sure how much it would cost for a high-value book.

Thanks. I assumed I should use CCS for pressing, but it's nice to know there are other options. Even a 0.2 bump in grade is well worth the fee, plus I bought these new when they came out - I don't remember what the variants cost, or why I bought two for that matter, but I've probably got $30 or less into the three books. I've collected various things since I was about 10 years old - I've had things go up in value, but never remotely to this degree until now, so it's nice to have an extra to reap some reward with - or to make up for the many things that decreased in value after I bought them.

Marc

On 7/9/2018 at 10:49 AM, ygogolak said:

The market is HOT!

Vengeance of Moon Knight #1 Virgin:

CGC 9.8 sold in April for $2,100 :whatthe:

CGC 9.2 sold in May for $911

Does anyone here have this damn book? Or have any leads? It's impossible to find one. Saw one recently on eBay but not sure if it's legit...

On 9/13/2021 at 6:47 AM, peterchizzle said:

Does anyone here have this damn book? Or have any leads? It's impossible to find one. Saw one recently on eBay but not sure if it's legit...

This one is interesting. I have all the MK variants except this one.

About 3 months ago a 9.8 appeared on Ebay, but oddly it was for auction, with a starting price of 5K. I contacted the seller but oddly (again) they weren't interested in an outright offer.

I checked back a few days later, and the item had apparently sold for said price with only one bid.

I think it entirely possible it was simply an attempt to push the price up.

On 9/24/2021 at 7:59 AM, World Devourer said:

This one is interesting. I have all the MK variants except this one.

About 3 months ago a 9.8 appeared on Ebay, but oddly it was for auction, with a starting price of 5K. I contacted the seller but oddly (again) they weren't interested in an outright offer.

I checked back a few days later, and the item had apparently sold for said price with only one bid.

I think it entirely possible it was simply an attempt to push the price up.

I've been hunting for years, I just want a copy at any price ... $2100 9.8 in 2018, 5k in today's expensive world... doesn't seem too off :|

On 9/25/2021 at 2:49 PM, topcat54 said:

Who was the artist? What cover are you refering to? Just wondering

Finch

VengeanceOfMoonKnight1Virgin.jpeg