• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oakmans Creepy's
4 4

344 posts in this topic

Very nice collection you have there... :applause:

I went through a Frazetta faze about 5 years ago and bought a HG copy of every cover he did for Warren. Just some really Great Artwork!! (And the stories are quite good, as well).

I paw through them every so often. I'm particularly fond of those early Creepy's.

I think #9 was the toughest to track down a nice copy...

You know ever since I was introduced to Warren horror

mags I can't seem to get enough, and can't understand why these books aren't more sought after.

The art is amazing,the stories equally amazing, and by some of the greatest in the business.

Well said. I've been chipping away for about a year now. Not quite as awesome as yours. Been picking up the archives. GREAT stuff.

You know I never paid too much attention to them, until Diggler requested for me to do some artwork for him. I started to appreciate Frazettas art.

Here is the piece I drew for Diggler.

20140827_190844_zps8wygl5iy.jpg

Of course I immediately bought a Creepy #32.

This is the dogs bollocks. :applause:

I went through a Frazetta faze about 5 years ago and bought a HG copy of every cover he did for Warren. Just some really Great Artwork!! (And the stories are quite good, as well).

I paw through them every so often. I'm particularly fond of those early Creepy's.

You know ever since I was introduced to Warren horror mags I can't seem to get enough, and can't understand why these books aren't more sought after. The art is amazing,the stories equally amazing, and by some of the greatest in the business.

Well said. I've been chipping away for about a year now. Not quite as awesome as yours. Been picking up the archives. GREAT stuff.

You know I never paid too much attention to them, until Diggler requested for me to do some artwork for him. I started to appreciate Frazettas art.

:headbang:

Great art, oakman! (worship) Great books, too. :cloud9:

I've always loved Creepy & Eerie, especially the first few years.

Like Creepy #1, what's not to love? Art by Jack Davis, Frazetta, Williamson, Krenkel, Orlando, Torres, Crandall & Morrow with most stories by Goodwin.

The only thing that would have made it better is if Warren could have gotten Wood on board sooner.

I've felt Ditko's Deep Ruby in Eerie was a high-water mark in his career, and Colan's ink wash for Warren never looked better. The Neal Adams' story that was reproduced from the original pencils was the first time I had seen that done. It was great, but the pencils got washed out a bit.

My friend from school heard me talking about how I thought the art in Marvel was so great; he invited me to his house and showed me some Creepy & Eeries and I was hooked.

I had to ride my bike to a drugstore farther away than my usual haunts to buy them (which is why I missed out on them originally).

Great art, oakman! (worship) Great books, too. :cloud9:

I've always loved Creepy & Eerie, especially the first few years.

Like Creepy #1, what's not to love? Art by Jack Davis, Frazetta, Williamson, Krenkel, Orlando, Torres, Crandall & Morrow with most stories by Goodwin.

The only thing that would have made it better is if Warren could have gotten Wood on board sooner.

I've felt Ditko's Deep Ruby in Eerie was a high-water mark in his career, and Colan's ink wash for Warren never looked better. The Neal Adams' story that was reproduced from the original pencils was the first time I had seen that done. It was great, but the pencils got washed out a bit.

My friend from school heard me talking about how I thought the art in Marvel was so great; he invited me to his house and showed me some Creepy & Eeries and I was hooked.

I had to ride my bike to a drugstore farther away than my usual haunts to buy them (which is why I missed out on them originally).

I love hearing childhood stories. (worship)

You know ever since I was introduced to Warren horror

mags I can't seem to get enough, and can't understand why these books aren't more sought after.

The art is amazing,the stories equally amazing, and by some of the greatest in the business.

This is the dogs bollocks. :applause:

What he said... :o

Very nice! (thumbs u

If anyone thinks it's hard to find comic books with black covers in HG, just ask any mag collector about finding HG black cover mags!

Makmorn noticed I had to have this sexy beast in my collection.

creepy12.jpg

Thanks for helping me build a righteous Creepy run. (worship)

Great stuff Dave! Glad to see you still have the zest for collection. It seems I have burned out. :cry:

I've gotta say Frankie, that you have the best Marvel collection I've ever seen. I was getting bored of the Superhero stuff, don't get me wrong I still love it, but.....

The Horror mags. got me re -excited (is that a word ?) With the stories and art again. It made me love comics again.