• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2021 at 12:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Everytime I see that pose, I almost think he's holding a guitar lol

I know there is a slayer Leia meme around the net, with her holding a guitar I'm a bikini.

:goodvsevil:

He has arrived! I can hear the hot guitar licks in my head. :headbang:

DF5BE7DD-D0B5-4D32-88B9-C98255C56120.thumb.jpeg.11206ba5c393add6a201374e0c8be568.jpeg

He also had a space groupie.
306B210C-E3DC-4765-A273-044D5D02BAB0.thumb.jpeg.271d2b8a9df94a75cae421f69c3a6e55.jpeg

Edited by Brandon Shepherd

Nice haul!  Yea I got that FF retro wave using the buy 2, get 1 free deal too, couldn't pass that up.  I passed on Stealth Carter because I already have the one from the Watcher wave and didn't need a re-deco.  I got the Watcher wave using the buy 2, get 1 free deal as well, although I had to go to two Targets to complete it since they weren't selling that wave online.

Target has the best sales on toys aside from deep clearance pricing, plus they give that 5% off deal for buying via their RedCard.  I end up buying more Legends from them than anywhere else due to the RedCard discount and relatively frequent sales.

On 12/2/2021 at 8:57 AM, fantastic_four said:

Nice haul!  Yea I got that FF retro wave using the buy 2, get 1 free deal too, couldn't pass that up.  I passed on Stealth Carter because I already have the one from the Watcher wave and didn't need a re-deco.  I got the Watcher wave using the buy 2, get 1 free deal as well, although I had to go to two Targets to complete it since they weren't selling that wave online.

Target has the best sales on toys aside from deep clearance pricing, plus they give that 5% off deal for buying via their RedCard.  I end up buying more Legends from them than anywhere else due to the RedCard discount and relatively frequent sales.

Yes, for sure, they're great for toys. I've gotten most of my GI Classified, Transformers WFC, Legends and MotU stuff from them via various sales. The 5% red card plus free shipping plus sales, as you noted, are hard to beat! I may not hang on to the stealh Peggy, I may give her to my wife. I thought it was a neat deco, but I wasn't crazy about What If. The Zombie Cap figure is pretty cool, though!

I don't know if this counts here, hopefully it's alright, as the end result is the same, I just have to make it myself. Buying that Gundam figure the other week put me in a Gundam mood, and it's been years since I've done a kit of any kind. That'd be good therapy for my still-recovering wrist, too, so it was easy to justify the purchase. 

I've ordered a RG 1/144 Burnern (not familiar with this one, just thought it looked chunky and cool) and the RG 00 QanT, which is from my favourite Gundam series, 00. Should have them Tuesday, and I can't wait to get started. Anyone else into Gundam and can recommend some good recent RG kits? Last ones I got were the 00 Raiser (my favourite Gundam fullstop), and I was eyeing off the Aile Strike too, but figured 2 was enough to start with again. 

On 12/3/2021 at 6:46 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I don't know if this counts here, hopefully it's alright, as the end result is the same, I just have to make it myself. Buying that Gundam figure the other week put me in a Gundam mood, and it's been years since I've done a kit of any kind. That'd be good therapy for my still-recovering wrist, too, so it was easy to justify the purchase. 

I've ordered a RG 1/144 Burnern (not familiar with this one, just thought it looked chunky and cool) and the RG 00 QanT, which is from my favourite Gundam series, 00. Should have them Tuesday, and I can't wait to get started. Anyone else into Gundam and can recommend some good recent RG kits? Last ones I got were the 00 Raiser (my favourite Gundam fullstop), and I was eyeing off the Aile Strike too, but figured 2 was enough to start with again. 

Sounds cool, looking forward to seeing the results! Unfortunately I am TERRIBLE at model kits, just never had the skill for it at all. I very much admire those who do, and love seeing them. I recently picked up a Transformers Furai Rodimus kit, to go into my Lost Light/More than Meets the Eye collection. I'm going to try my hand at it over Christmas break. We'll see how it goes!

On 12/4/2021 at 1:09 AM, F For Fake said:

Sounds cool, looking forward to seeing the results! Unfortunately I am TERRIBLE at model kits, just never had the skill for it at all. I very much admire those who do, and love seeing them. I recently picked up a Transformers Furai Rodimus kit, to go into my Lost Light/More than Meets the Eye collection. I'm going to try my hand at it over Christmas break. We'll see how it goes!

Good luck with it, I've never tried a Furai kit, though they're mighty tempting, they've got some great designs. Gundam kits come in such a variety of skill levels that they're easy to get into. I'm really clumsy and the last person who should handle sharp instruments, but I do alright with Gundam kits. I don't paint them, I can't do that yet to the quality level I want, but even with the bare plastic they look great. Everything snaps on, usually with minimum fuss, and the instructions are generally quite good. 

I'd say don't be afraid, start with something High Grade to begin with, and see how you go. Just remember it's supposed to be fun!

If I can do it, really anyone can. 

(:

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

On 12/4/2021 at 11:05 AM, Mickey7 said:

I see the Skystriker Haslab project just added 3 carded O-ring Cobra figures to their offering.  I was on the fence on this, but I think I'm ordering one now.  

Fascinating how all of a sudden there was space in the budget to add those three figures in the same way that there was space in the budget to add Malakili into the Rancor campaign.

Skystriker is getting made no matter what as is the Rancor.  The next step is to extend the timeframe. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 12/4/2021 at 9:54 AM, Buzzetta said:

Fascinating how all of a sudden there was space in the budget to add those three figures in the same way that there was space in the budget to add Malakili into the Rancor campaign.

Skystriker is getting made no matter what as is the Rancor.  The next step is to extend the timeframe. 

100% agreed, it will get produced. 

I'm not a fan of the flame accessories.  Not just for this, but nearly all toys.  I'm sure I'm in the minority.  

I love the idea, they just cheapen the visual.  Someone should focus solely on that improvement. 

I do like the tower/display.   Wish they had made something similar in the 80s. 

Side Note: Almost bought another boxed USS Flagg this weekend.  But come on, who has space for 2.

Patrick 

:hi:im at my parents house clearing out the basement,they are tired of my old childhood toys......so gonna try to find what goes with what and what is what and what is worth keeping or putting in a garbage bag lol ,so here is an unknown garage sale find so dont know what it was thanks for info!

20211204_151919.jpg

On 12/4/2021 at 2:59 PM, Namtak said:

:hi:im at my parents house clearing out the basement,they are tired of my old childhood toys......so gonna try to find what goes with what and what is what and what is worth keeping or putting in a garbage bag lol ,so here is an unknown garage sale find so dont know what it was thanks for info!

20211204_151919.jpg

I would hazard a guess at he-man something or other by the build

On 12/4/2021 at 1:59 PM, Namtak said:

20211204_151919.jpg

This is Two-Bad.  

Yep, I said it. 

Loved it as a kid.  He basically can punch himself. 

To complete it, only need a small orange diamond shaped shield. 

Patrick