• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

Stopped by a random yard sale this fall while out on a drive with my wife, found a 40 gallon rubbermaid full of star wars and Gi joe figures and vechicles for 30 bucks. I don't collect this stuff or even know what era it's from, but I know a deal when I see it - the Rubbermaid alone costs ~$25 lol If there's anything of note from this period I should look for please let me know, there's tons of weapons and random in the bottom of the bin, I haven't even looked at most of it, just pulled all the star wars figures I could see.

There was an Anakin figure too, but my son ripped his arm off... :headbang:

My wife has been hinting at getting rid of the walker, it's just so huge. Any of you collector's think it's worth anything or should I just goodwill it. You can click the pic for some better detail.

uymtujPl.jpg

I have the walker. It is amazing and one of the last things I would ever get rid of. If it is complete it is a real deal and a half.

For those that have never seen it, the retooled AT-AT Walker was released for two occasions only and then has not seen the light of day since. Due to rising costs and the shelf space dilemma, I doubt we would ever see the BMF AT-AT ever again. Hasbro just isn't making big toys anymore.

It really is worth keeping.

Stopped by a random yard sale this fall while out on a drive with my wife, found a 40 gallon rubbermaid full of star wars and Gi joe figures and vechicles for 30 bucks. I don't collect this stuff or even know what era it's from, but I know a deal when I see it - the Rubbermaid alone costs ~$25 lol If there's anything of note from this period I should look for please let me know, there's tons of weapons and random in the bottom of the bin, I haven't even looked at most of it, just pulled all the star wars figures I could see.

My wife has been hinting at getting rid of the walker, it's just so huge. Any of you collector's think it's worth anything or should I just goodwill it. You can click the pic for some better detail.

uymtujPl.jpg

I have the walker. It is amazing and one of the last things I would ever get rid of. If it is complete it is a real deal and a half.

For those that have never seen it, the retooled AT-AT Walker was released for two occasions only and then has not seen the light of day since. Due to rising costs and the shelf space dilemma, I doubt we would ever see the BMF AT-AT ever again. Hasbro just isn't making big toys anymore.

Thanks for that :foryou:

I'll have to box it up and put it in storage. The thing is really badass, it just takes up so much space.

uymtujPl.jpg

Thanks for that :foryou:

I'll have to box it up and put it in storage. The thing is really badass, it just takes up so much space.

Play with it. :idea:

Any interest in seeing my own personal (OO) collection of about 40 GI Joes, 1964-72ish? I've been meaning to dig them out of storage for awhile now.

Yes - most definitely

That's the Brazilian Batman from Estrela. That must have cost a pretty penny! And I thought my Clark Kent figure made me a hardcore Super Powers enthusiast...
Yeppers! I remember seeing the advertisements for the Batman movie toys when I was a child that looked like the repainted Super Powers Batman and was super excited - then, when the actual movie toys came out I remember going, "Oh, it must have been a prototype or something, dang." I only discovered teh Estrela version in the past year and all my gf's family lives in Brazil so they managed to track one down for me! :-D Pretty damn good condition too!

Ps. I have Clark Kent as well. None of series 3 though :(

Awesome! There are a lot of rare 80s action figures that were exclusive to Brazil. Since your gf's family lives there it might be worth your while to do some research on Estrela and Glasslite toys and send them hunting for more. Some of that stuff has reached mythic status in toy circles (Dinosaucers certainly comes to mind).

I've had series 3 Super Powers stuff at times over the years. I always end up selling it so I can buy other stuff for my inventory or other collections that I am working on. Series 3 stuff is hard to find, but the Estrela Batman is a true rarity.

Gulliver Juguetes was headquartered in Brazil, but made Super Powers toys for the Colombian market. If you can track down a Captain Ray or an Abominable Snowman from their line I would be really impressed.

Added this to my collection last week.

Been looking for a box and foam for quite a long time.

Pretty large piece.

20161230_171759_zpsrzdcx35n.jpg

Will go well with my other grail piece:

20151204_165943_zps6attdzp6.jpg

Patrick

Two very nice pieces. I still remember the Flagg Kmart had out on display you could play with.

I know the value of these have diminished greatly since they were hot back in the 90's but the new movies seem to have given them some life again. Thoughts on value of these? Best way to sell? Lot or break up?

Lot includes 44 figures, mostly MOMC as they've been bagged and boarded since they were purchased, rarer early red card versions, long sabers, 1/2 circle Fett, Movie Luke, Tri-Logos, Tan pants Han Endor, Spirit of Obi Wan...

32352024486_5590e744ff_b.jpg

31580277713_0c36b94c1d.jpg31580277663_f2fb87e3a9.jpg

31548750764_872fc9f9ae.jpg32270840301_e3a854337d.jpg

32391289975_c0f6707d69.jpg32013794990_679700141f.jpg

32013792790_0bdcbf3e49.jpg32013792570_7091de1a4f.jpg

32352022586_517c065098.jpg32270838691_eedac87d24.jpg

32013793140_69ce2bdfc6.jpg32240923812_e7e2eaed7e.jpg

Tri-Logos:

32270840101_97567dbcce_b.jpg

Extras:

32013794690_b4fce0e500_b.jpg

31548749844_065f1f954a.jpg32391289075_d1aaea3e83.jpg

Certain figures like the theatre edition Luke or your Fetts, etc. will sell for massive premiums if they are C9 or better and you get them slabbed. If you have C10 you are talking crazy money.

Make sure none of your Boba Fetts are no the rare versions with the markings on the hand and double check all of your Luke & Vader trays for short saber error.

Back in the 90's I ended up by fluke luck getting two Luke error saber red cards in a store and a Vader.