• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,323 posts in this topic

Is this the best place to post about a horde of OO GI Joes from the 60's and early 70s? I'm looking to make a trade for comics, but before pulling them all from storage and prepping them etc, I wanted to see if there was any interest on the boards. I am the OO and there are about 40 of them, plus gear, vehicles, etc. even a couple of boxes.

Let me know if this is too spammy and I will delete. I had posted in the announcements section but received no replies, saw this and figured it was worth a shot.

14 hours ago, NamesJay said:

Can't believe I have just now seen this thread!

I picked this one up a little while ago -- a grail for me in terms of action figures. It was hands down my favorite action figure/toy growing up.

tj4.jpg

tj3.jpg

tj2.jpg

tj.jpg

That's great! I remember the Christmas that I got Trapjaw and He-Man, the first two MotU figures I ever owned. Loved them so much, and also loved that glow in the dark ring as well! So cool.

On Monday, I bought a huge 80s GI Joe collection. 

It's going to take weeks to sort it out. 

Had to buy it when I saw a Night Force Night Striker in the middle (with quite a few parts). 

A lot is in rough condition as it was a childhood collection, but an absurd amount of accessories.  

Asked the guy if he had any file cards.  He said, "Like these"?  And produced an 8" stack.  Yahoo

Definitely keeping the 4 Night Forces figures and Payload.  

Patrick

Funny thing happened while walking through the toy section in Walmart and Toy's R Us the other day.

I happened to mention to my Daughter-In-Law that it appears my Action Figure/Memorabilia collecting days were over as far as adding new things to the room since everything that is out now is "Movie" related, not "Comic Book" related and I have absolutely no interest in any of that.

She replies with, "well that is what sells" and I sigh...

Then I walk to the end of the isle in Walmart and...What is this???!!!, Tiny Action Figures???!!!, although some are movie related some are "Classic" Marvel Characters and I said "WOW" and she says, "guess you were wrong about your collecting days being over.

They had DC, Guardians Of The Galaxy and a couple of Spider-Man/Avengers figures I had no interest in.

These are the five I picked up and at .97 cents each...!!!

(They also had sets of five)

f9h1l0.jpg

Picked this up today from a glorious woman. 

Killer box art and concept.  

A lot is still present including the instructions, planes, etc.  

Hope to go thru it tomorrow to see how much I'm missing.  Not a lot of parts on E-bay currently to buy.

20170806_220355.thumb.jpg.c4217c8eb00a532a5ff1c576e4273f60.jpg

14 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Holy cow, I never knew they did giant playsets like that! That's far more realistic than using the living room furniture!

It was based on this set, but recolored with new flags: 

http://chrisbaer.net/mp/2010/01/31/lost-toys-marx-toys-navarone-play-set/

Patrick

9 hours ago, comicalgems said:

Going to go look at a very large toy collection tomorrow.  Hopefully we can swing a deal.  

I just spent the better part of the afternoon replacing O-Rings in GI Joes today.  For some reason, I really enjoy it.

Love fixing up old Joes!

Went to a small G.I. Joe con this weekend. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any Joes, I was just along with my buddy who is a Joe completist. I am not allowed to buy them anymore, because every time I do, i go nuts, spend a ton of money, then realize that I can't afford to pursue the line the way I want to, and that I need to stick to Batman and Aliens, and then I sell them all off. Rinse and repeat.

So, I didn't buy any Joes...BUT I couldn't pass up all of this cheap M.A.S.K. stuff!

(Stickers on Rhino are a little rough, but otherwise everything is complete and in nice shape. Switchblade even had both variations of Mayhem's Viper mask, and the instructions.)

Photo Aug 05, 10 03 26 AM.jpg

Photo Aug 05, 5 02 20 PM.jpg

12 hours ago, followtheleader said:
On 8/7/2017 at 4:48 AM, Martin Sinescu said:

Holy cow, I never knew they did giant playsets like that! That's far more realistic than using the living room furniture!

It was based on this set, but recolored with new flags: 

http://chrisbaer.net/mp/2010/01/31/lost-toys-marx-toys-navarone-play-set/

Patrick

I ran into some represses of the Guns of Navarone about 15-20 years ago, and just had to buy one.  It's still out in the garage with all of my brother's and mine army men/sets, which included a couple versions of Battleground.

13 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Love fixing up old Joes!

Went to a small G.I. Joe con this weekend. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any Joes, I was just along with my buddy who is a Joe completist. I am not allowed to buy them anymore, because every time I do, i go nuts, spend a ton of money, then realize that I can't afford to pursue the line the way I want to, and that I need to stick to Batman and Aliens, and then I sell them all off. Rinse and repeat.

So, I didn't buy any Joes...BUT I couldn't pass up all of this cheap M.A.S.K. stuff!

(Stickers on Rhino are a little rough, but otherwise everything is complete and in nice shape. Switchblade even had both variations of Mayhem's Viper mask, and the instructions.)

Photo Aug 05, 10 03 26 AM.jpg

Photo Aug 05, 5 02 20 PM.jpg

Awesome, I love MASK!

I still don't have Volcano.  Some day. 

Does the semi have the missile or the camaro with the small missiles underneath? 

Patrick

Edited by followtheleader

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Awesome, I love MASK!

I still don't have Volcano.  Some day. 

Does the semi have the missile or the camaro with the small missiles underneath? 

Patrick

Yeah, MASK is great! I'd been regretting selling off my collection years ago, so when I found these at the right price, I had to jump.

Rhino is 100% complete. Thunderhawk is missing the missiles, but for what I paid, I can buy them off eBay and still come out ahead.

I really only collect toys from the 70s and 80s. 

During a recent pickup of a sizeable 80s He-man collection, I noticed some gigantic newer Star Wars toys to the side.  

Turns out they are the Star Wars Legacy Falcon and AT-AT.  They were missing a bunch of parts, but only $10 each.  

If you've never seen them (like me), take a look at a review online.  You can't get a much better dedication to the original Kenner toy but improved so well.  So many cool movie-related features.  Sound is phenomenal too with actual Vader, Luke, and Han voices.  

This weekend, a meet a guy who lives in the next neighborhood over.  We only have 11000 people, it's extremely rare to find anything.  He sold me complete versions of both.  

I'll try to take some pics and upload. 

Falcon has little chess pieces for the table, they included a similar jedi training ball as the original, hiding compartments like the movie, and an awesome escape pod that is a vehicle by itself.   The AT-AT had a killer Hoth-version speeder bike added to the back, a hook in the torso for Luke to climb, great descending arms to lift/drop the Hoth troopers, awesome speaking screen in the head of the AT-AT, etc. 

Patrick

Edited by followtheleader

On 9/11/2017 at 11:46 PM, followtheleader said:

I really only collect toys from the 70s and 80s. 

During a recent pickup of a sizeable 80s He-man collection, I noticed some gigantic newer Star Wars toys to the side.  

Turns out they are the Star Wars Legacy Falcon and AT-AT.  They were missing a bunch of parts, but only $10 each.  

If you've never seen them (like me), take a look at a review online.  You can't get a much better dedication to the original Kenner toy but improved so well.  So many cool movie-related features.  Sound is phenomenal too with actual Vader, Luke, and Han voices.  

This weekend, a meet a guy who lives in the next neighborhood over.  We only have 11000 people, it's extremely rare to find anything.  He sold me complete versions of both.  

I'll try to take some pics and upload. 

Falcon has little chess pieces for the table, they included a similar jedi training ball as the original, hiding compartments like the movie, and an awesome escape pod that is a vehicle by itself.   The AT-AT had a killer Hoth-version speeder bike added to the back, a hook in the torso for Luke to climb, great descending arms to lift/drop the Hoth troopers, awesome speaking screen in the head of the AT-AT, etc. 

Patrick

That's awesome, would love to see the pics!

My current plastic crack obsession is restoring my vintage X-Wing! Recently I've been helping my folks clear out a storage room in their basement, and it has yielded up some forgotten treasures, like the X-Wing fighter from my childhood.

Yellowed and missing most of its parts, it didn't look like much, but I decided to restore it for my personal collection.

First two pics are from disassembly and cleaning. Third pic is after I gave the plastic parts a nice peroxide and sunshine bath, and now she's as white as the day she rolled off the assembly line!

Got some new stickers and cannons on the way. Just need to find a clean canopy for less than an arm and a leg, and I'll be set.

I'll no doubt put more money into this than it's technically worth, but the restoration is fun, and the pleasure in seeing a beloved childhood friend brought back to life is immeasurable. 

Photo Sep 13, 10 27 27 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 10 27 32 AM.jpg

Photo Sep 13, 10 27 17 AM.jpg

10 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Posh Spice huh.

And she's not alone! I'm available to make you a very good deal on a set of 10, count them 10 (TEN!) Posh Spice bean bags! Act now!