• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2021 at 8:30 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Wish I had your knowledge! This stuff is after my time, so it's all internet research for me. Got a lot of weapons/accessories, so need to match them up as well.

Or, I might take pics of everything and sell as a lot. Got many vehicles as well, including a Terror Drome.

Post some pics of stuff you're not aware of (or send to me).

I try to help people ID when I have time. 

If you want to do it yourself, the easiest way is to ID the figure.  Then you can look at the accessories for those figures.   It's not often for many accessories beyond those of the figures in the collection (though not always true).

Patrick

On 10/28/2021 at 5:27 PM, fmaz said:

Two big new additions for me… arriving within a day of each other (not to mention a framed piece of art and a statue…but that’s for other posts 😂)

Iron Man and Robin vintage Megos. Iron Man is 100% vintage, the Robin has a repro sticker.  Both boxes are repro. As much as I’d love original boxes the costs are crazy and the condition can be suspect (obviously) so I like how these display. I THINK I’m now done, Mego-wise.  I think. 😂

F9F93423-D7AC-43A5-887F-F0FCF3CE4178.thumb.jpeg.fdced2adc0e245ed0267f55ad03504ef.jpeg

387B1EE7-B43E-42E1-920B-995EBA15E960.thumb.jpeg.dba691c91b9fc8d9b620651607618a3f.jpeg

9F172F24-AAA1-4BEF-A36F-372976D6D3FD.thumb.jpeg.68188cf6c1345ec8397c566a89e87c99.jpeg

4FA3459E-3668-4416-A26D-C6F57C6DE442.thumb.jpeg.35e2514dc7a00bd0ecb352b38dc52e66.jpeg

F0B15608-D5BA-4395-9AC9-A5B80384EFE1.thumb.jpeg.b756f4da04e087f0438391bf83f66839.jpeg

Beauties!

On 10/29/2021 at 1:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

Me: I am parsing down!  7 x 25 gallon containers along with other bins and things.

Me: I won't be getting any of the GI Joe Classified line. 

Also me:  Oh cool ! Snake Eyes arrived !  (I preordered Classified Stormshadow for the shelf and that is it.). 

I could possibly be enticed if I saw a few others that they have yet to announce... we will see.   I would not want more than any five of these. 

I left the silencer taped in the box as well as the other rifles and alternate portrait for Timber.  I know I am likely to lose the silencer if it leaves the packaging right now since I want Snake Eyes and Timber on the shelf. 

IMG_6942.jpeg

65722143056__A9D95ABD-78AD-455E-8861-F042DC4E84D0.jpeg

(im)patiently waiting for mine to ship from BBTS. Some day...

On 11/2/2021 at 10:30 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Wish I had your knowledge! This stuff is after my time, so it's all internet research for me. Got a lot of weapons/accessories, so need to match them up as well.

Or, I might take pics of everything and sell as a lot. Got many vehicles as well, including a Terror Drome.

Like Patrick said, post 'em here, or I also recommend the guide at Yojoe.com. Has been a huge help to me many times over the years.

Database for figures by year

https://www.yojoe.com/action/

Database for vehicles by year

https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/

WHOBIT guide for identifying weapons and accessories by color

https://www.yojoe.com/action/whobit/

Seriously, those things are lifesavers.

A couple of things came in this weekend. Classified BBQ, really lovely figure. So happy they're going in the "classic" direction with the designs these days. Also, my Ravage set from Pulse.

IMG_3251.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

On 11/3/2021 at 1:07 PM, F For Fake said:

Beauties!

Thanks!

I very much remember the excitement of buying Megos as a kid.  Loved loved LOVED them!  But I also remember going to the store and hoping they’d have some of the new ones in stock that they’d be advertising in the comics, only to see the display boxes just full of two characters - The Hulk and Mr. Mxyzptlk … which is why neither of those will EVER be part of my collection.  Every time I see them I just think of DISAPPOINTMENT! 😂

On 11/3/2021 at 1:09 PM, F For Fake said:

(im)patiently waiting for mine to ship from BBTS. Some day...

I had a few more days to ship it otherwise ... (I really don't know what happens if you don't).

I was waiting for the vintage Ahsoka figure to finally come in.  I waited until the last minute and then shipped it.  I just received notification that Ahsoka is in. :|

On 11/3/2021 at 4:51 PM, Buzzetta said:

I had a few more days to ship it otherwise ... (I really don't know what happens if you don't).

I was waiting for the vintage Ahsoka figure to finally come in.  I waited until the last minute and then shipped it.  I just received notification that Ahsoka is in. :|

Ah, I know this feeling well. Happened to me back in the summer with BBTS. I finally decided to ship my "pile", and within HOURS of having shipped, I got a notification that something else had hit my pile. I emailed and asked if there was ANY way possible to include that new item in the shipment. They were very fast to respond, and very polite, and told me that unfortunately they couldn't do that because, I dunno, reasons. BUT, they did give me a $4 credit, which was very nice and absolutely not something they had to do. 

My Pile of Loot is empty right now, it's odd, nothing has come in for me in quite some time. I know some folks got their Snake/Timber sets filled early, but I guess the rest are quite literally on a slow boat from China.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:17 PM, followtheleader said:

Found a small Star Wars collection last night.

Wife wasn't too happy as it was late and cold as ell.   Sure was a long drive too.

Turns out, the original owner passed away at 10 years old.  They sat in storage that entire time with the poor grieving family. 

After 50 years of owning the same home, they decided to move this year and these items surfaced.  My guess is they had an estate sale as there were odd numbers on each item.   In the end, the next door neighbor ended up buying them.  He didn't have any background or interest in them, so I'm guessing it was a one-time "investment" interest. 

Oddly enough, no one wanted the items for over 3 weeks.  I happened on them by accident. 

The Falcon box is really nice.  Still has the original $29 price on it from Montgomery Wards (damn, that's a lot of money back then).  That store was right down the street from this home.  No cut outs on the box. 

The Falcon itself is in great shape.  Oddly enough, every Falcon I've purchased thru the years is missing the radar dish.  Even the stickers are in nice shape. 

Nice Instruction manual.  The box had two catalogs (one was clearly from ESB, so not with it).

We got along great and he was ready for the items to move on.  The following were included:

• 2 figures, both in pretty solid shape
  • 5 large photo sized cards from 1980/ESB
  • An Imperial Attack Base box (also has the $12.50 tag from Montgomery Ward on it)
  • An original poster from ESB.  This is in the original mailer box from 1980 and has never been used.  Even has the tag with his name/address on it.

My wife was worried I could have brought his spirit home with me.  IMO, I don't think they could have found a better home to be appreciated. 

Pics are coming shortly.

Patrick

I am by no means superstitious.  Seriously. 

I'm with your wife on this one.  If I am in another room and sleeping and here a noise coming from wherever you are keeping these things I am thinking that there is the off chance that Caspar the Friendly Ghost over there wants to play with his Star Wars toys. 

Also, right now I wish I knew you well enough to know your wife.  I would get in touch with her and ask her to subtly move things around the room that these things are in and feign ignorance to whole matter so YOU think that there is some dead little boy trying to play with his toys. 

On 11/3/2021 at 4:59 PM, F For Fake said:

Ah, I know this feeling well. Happened to me back in the summer with BBTS. I finally decided to ship my "pile", and within HOURS of having shipped, I got a notification that something else had hit my pile. I emailed and asked if there was ANY way possible to include that new item in the shipment. They were very fast to respond, and very polite, and told me that unfortunately they couldn't do that because, I dunno, reasons. BUT, they did give me a $4 credit, which was very nice and absolutely not something they had to do. 

My Pile of Loot is empty right now, it's odd, nothing has come in for me in quite some time. I know some folks got their Snake/Timber sets filled early, but I guess the rest are quite literally on a slow boat from China.

For them to offer you that $4 credit absolutely tells me that they could not stop that train from rolling down the track.  They must have a very precise and streamlined plan put into place to handle all of these piles of loot and everything else they do.   Impressive actually because this is basically a large mom and pop and nothing close to what Amazon does. 

On 11/3/2021 at 5:03 PM, Buzzetta said:

For them to offer you that $4 credit absolutely tells me that they could not stop that train from rolling down the track.  They must have a very precise and streamlined plan put into place to handle all of these piles of loot and everything else they do.   Impressive actually because this is basically a large mom and pop and nothing close to what Amazon does. 

Yes, absolutely so. I couldn't complain about it at all, and I appreciated the fast response as well. I've had nothing but great interactions with their customer service over the years. I know a lot of people in FB groups get their panties in a twist because BBTS can be slow/late to receive things, but I don't really mind, because I know that a preorder is practically a guarantee that I'll get it, eventually. In about 20 years of dealing with them, I've only ever had one item canceled. I can live with that.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:03 PM, followtheleader said:

Finally went thru half my junk vintage MOC.  Star Wars and GI Joe. 

Any interest in seeing or too much lately? 

Patrick

I'm always up for seeing 

Finally have my three Haslab Sentinels in hand after a week of about ten FedEx shipping shenanigans/flubs.  Then my father-in-law has a mini-stroke and everyone's schedule goes insane for a few days, so haven't had time to look at them yet.  Hoping to get time tonight after the kids go to bed.  Gonna open one and go from there in seeing where I'll put these guys before I open more.

On 11/7/2021 at 4:05 PM, fantastic_four said:

Finally have my three Haslab Sentinels in hand after a week of about ten FedEx shipping shenanigans/flubs.  Then my father-in-law has a mini-stroke and everyone's schedule goes insane for a few days, so haven't had time to look at them yet.  Hoping to get time tonight after the kids go to bed.  Gonna open one and go from there in seeing where I'll put these guys before I open more.

Sorry to hear about the father-in-law.  Hope he's doing well.  

Mine also had one the other day.  Hopefully not someone in MN, that would mean we're related. 

Patrick

Still waiting for my BBTS package mailed end of August. I've contacted them, and other Australians are in the same predicament. Worse is that Australia Post has announced an auction of goods it 'couldn't deliver' over the last few months, so my box better not be in there. 

Good news is I did order a Storm Collectibles Sub-Zero Unmasked, and he arrived the other day (he was ordered from a new store within Oz), and I placed another order for Raiden (don't really like the look of him that much, but you kinda need a Raiden, and I've found quite a few of Storm's figures look a lot better in-hand than they photograph) which should hopefully arrive next week, so it's not all gloom and doom. 

On 11/7/2021 at 6:39 PM, followtheleader said:

Sorry to hear about the father-in-law.  Hope he's doing well.  

Mine also had one the other day.  Hopefully not someone in MN, that would mean we're related. 

If this one was any indication they're a warning with few to no lasting consequences.  Take precautions and you'll be fine for a while.

Opening a Sentinel now...love it so far.  :cloud9: