• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,313 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2021 at 4:03 PM, followtheleader said:

Finally went thru half my junk vintage MOC.  Star Wars and GI Joe. 

Any interest in seeing or too much lately? 

Patrick

Always want to see!

On 11/8/2021 at 10:17 AM, fantastic_four said:

First shot of one of my three big guys.  Seems defect-free so far!

There's a design flaw with these where Hasbro did put ratchets in the two joints in the double-jointed knees and in the hips, but the ratchets mostly don't work.  A lot of people have floppy knee joints, and one of my two legs had that.  However, there are screws in the joints, and if you either tighten those--or do what I did and add vinyl washers to the screws in the knees prior to tightening--the knees become solidly tight and can hold up the weight of the figure just fine, which is around 9 pounds.  You can see the screwdrivers and small bag of vinyl washers I used behind him by his right foot in the pic below.  If anyone gets one of these I can give you more details about doing this.  I bought 200 of those washers for $7 on Amazon, and I used two per knee, so 8 total for one Sentinel.

Really happy with this guy, and looking forward to giving him some companions in the coming days or weeks.  :cloud9:

AM-JKLX1J5muI8k90y6wmttwsaVpZ97-rWb2cQIi

Always love the pics, and hope all is well with the family!

On 11/12/2021 at 9:56 AM, F For Fake said:

Beautiful stuff, Patrick, particularly the Joes. Undertow is a great one. Poor Barracuda, can't even sit up straight, I guess you'd have to display him floating in a cup of water! Love the command rings too. I completed my set last year, now I just need to get the little insert/promo piece and a ring box, and I'll be all set.

Nothing vintage picked up lately, but I'm making some inroads on my Classified set. Since I came to them late (or rather eventually let myself talk myself into collecting the line) I have some catching up to do. I was going to pass on the Snake Eyes movie figures, but with a Target Spend $100 get $25 sale, plus Red Card discount, I was able to get the set, shipped, for about $15 a pop, so I guess that's not too bad. Those numbers on the boxes, they drive me mad. It's the sort of thing that used to make me a Criterion Collection completist. If you add spine numbers, the compulsion to complete the series is undeniable!

I like the Pimp Daddy Destro, particularly the gold foil treatment on the box. Got him for about $20 with a gift card via Best Buy. I'm trying to knock out these less exciting figures on the cheap.

I'm not a huge Funko guy, but these are pretty cute. Got the Beach Head con exclusive via Target, and the BATS con exclusive at Walmart. Which begs the questions: just how exclusive ARE these "con exclusive" figures? Not at all, it would seem!

IMG_3353.JPG

IMG_3354.JPG

IMG_3355.JPG

Man, the BAT is so cool.  

I must resist Funkos. I bought a few to make a buck, nearly made a big mistake, and luckily recently dumped them for a decent profit. 

The detail on the Classified figures is insane.  MUST RESIST! 

Patrick 

On 11/12/2021 at 7:34 PM, followtheleader said:

Man, the BAT is so cool.  

I must resist Funkos. I bought a few to make a buck, nearly made a big mistake, and luckily recently dumped them for a decent profit. 

The detail on the Classified figures is insane.  MUST RESIST! 

Patrick 

I get it! I only have a handful of Pops. I wouldn’t put much money into them, but every once in a while I find one that’s too cute to ignore.

I resisted Classified until just a few months ago, but they finally broke my resolve with the recent figures. I’ve been playing catch-up, and luckily haven’t had to pay above retail for any of them so far. Yesterday Major Bludd randomly popped back in stock at Target, so I was able to complete the Cobra Island set. If I decide to complete the set I’ll eventually have to pay up for Arctic Storm Shadow, Supreme Snake CC, Regal CC, and Deluxe Snake Eyes. But I am patient and will wait for a deal.

On 11/13/2021 at 1:11 AM, William-James88 said:

1636783886366947000171.jpg

That’s a really cool figure. I don’t do Marvel Legends anymore, or MCU, but simply from a design standpoint, it’s very cool. I’ve seen several folks on the various Joe groups talk about using this one for a General Hawk custom. Could be cool!

On 11/14/2021 at 3:08 PM, followtheleader said:

Round 2 MOC junk

1986 Hawk - love his card art.

Weequay - name translates to "who cares".

Sgt Slaughter Barbeque - I'm a sucker for the Sgt Slaughter subset.  A huge fan of Barbeque.

Free Fall - another great late Joe figure.  Who doesn't want to parachute jump?

US Lando Skiff - also attempted to sell for $20 back in the day, didn't sell, so has sat in a box for 15 years.

Patrick

20211114_094346.jpg

20211114_094422.jpg

20211114_094516.jpg

20211114_094524.jpg

20211108_152854.jpg

Beauties! And yes, General Hawk is an all time fave, great card art and a simple, classic design. Funny that I just mentioned him! And I agree, Freefall is one of the cooler later figures, as he had a fairly practical design/uniform. I was looking at a MOC example a couple of months ago, thought about picking him up, but I don't do much MOC anymore for Joes. I need to get a nice loose one, though!

On 11/15/2021 at 11:50 AM, F For Fake said:

Beauties! And yes, General Hawk is an all time fave, great card art and a simple, classic design. Funny that I just mentioned him! And I agree, Freefall is one of the cooler later figures, as he had a fairly practical design/uniform. I was looking at a MOC example a couple of months ago, thought about picking him up, but I don't do much MOC anymore for Joes. I need to get a nice loose one, though!

I'm with you, I gave up on the MOC a bit ago.  If I found some for a good price and really wanted them, I'd buy.  But that's a pipe dream in the current market and they hardly come up at shows any more. 

Sorry for the crappy pictures.  The lighting outside has been super poor (clouds). 

Patrick

On 11/17/2021 at 4:07 AM, Max Carnage said:

My latest addiction ;)

258259352_736778324382937_1966929614601579595_n.jpg

Case is from https://collectordisplaysuk.com/

^^

Beautiful! When we bought our house about 10 years ago, I found a guy who makes cases like these, on his is more vertical whereas yours is horizontal. Gave some serious thought to putting together the set. You make me wish I had. Brilliant!

On 11/17/2021 at 1:52 PM, F For Fake said:

^^

Beautiful! When we bought our house about 10 years ago, I found a guy who makes cases like these, on his is more vertical whereas yours is horizontal. Gave some serious thought to putting together the set. You make me wish I had. Brilliant!

That is a very, very cool case. 

Congrats. 

I decided this weekend that I'm going to transition spending more on displaying and such.  Just need to find out where the hell I'm going to live 1st. 

Patrick