• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,321 posts in this topic

Well, seems that Robert Kirkman's Skybound Comics imprint is a frontrunner for the Transformers and GIJOE licenses. Definitely a leftfield choice, I wonder how they'd do, and the calibur of talent they could recruit and sustain? I mean, they couldn't get any worst than IDW's current TF roster, could they? 

Amazon delivery driver is working overtime already, just on my block. 😁

He can take time off after Christmas. 🤣

First part of The Boys set has arrived:

Starlight, Starlight (Amazon Exclusive), A-Train, Butcher (Bloody), Queen Maeve, Black Noir (Summer 2021 Convention Exclusive). 

Homelander (Flying), The Deep, & Hughie are all on their way courtesy of Saint eBay.

Also picked up the PIAB GITG Mayhem & Japanese TV Series Spider-Man (Previews Exclusive).

Not a bad way to start Monday. 

Also picked up the Funko/Hallmark Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man Christmas Ornament. Honestly, I thought about DIY-ing the 10” burnt Puft as the topper, but…just can’t do it. I don’t want to take him out of the box. 🤣 Maybe a plush one…

4480EB3F-2697-49FA-A45E-E493FE6BF8B8.jpeg

On 12/11/2021 at 9:51 PM, followtheleader said:

Anyone else know what this is?  I do, but testing some knowledge.

Only 10 bucks!  I was stunned.  The chrome is near perfect.  I'm pretty sure if wasn't played with.  

Missing the 3rd upper half and claws.  

I've never run across one in wild, even in terrible condition.

Patrick

20211211_193359.jpg

20211211_193336.jpg

20211211_193321.jpg

20211211_193519.jpg

Patrick, what's the story on this one? It kinda reminds me of the Go-Bots power suits, but is not a model I'm familiar with. Looks groovy!

On 12/12/2021 at 9:46 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Well, seems that Robert Kirkman's Skybound Comics imprint is a frontrunner for the Transformers and GIJOE licenses. Definitely a leftfield choice, I wonder how they'd do, and the calibur of talent they could recruit and sustain? I mean, they couldn't get any worst than IDW's current TF roster, could they? 

Hmm, definitely interesting. I'll check it out, whoever gets it. Whether or not I stick around is another question entirely.

Blueberry Flavored Head-Swapper Zartan showed up this weekend. Packaging is really fun. Kinda wanna break him out, kinda don't. Hrm...

IMG_3760.JPG

IMG_3761.JPG

IMG_3762.JPG

IMG_3763.JPG

If you crack Zartan open let us know how you like those extra faces, or heads, whichever they are.  Even as a kid I found the action figures of him rather goofy...just changing your face yet still having the Zartan outfit never seemed like it would work to actually fool anybody.  :insane:

On 12/14/2021 at 11:33 AM, fantastic_four said:

If you crack Zartan open let us know how you like those extra faces, or heads, whichever they are.  Even as a kid I found the action figures of him rather goofy...just changing your face yet still having the Zartan outfit never seemed like it would work to actually fool anybody.  :insane:

Ha yeah, that is a pretty distinct outfit, the head swap alone probably isn't going to fool anyone!

I think that the Stormshadow and Snake Eyes are full heads, but the others are masks? It's pretty cool, so he may get opened before too long. If I do, I'll definitely share!

On 12/14/2021 at 10:59 AM, F For Fake said:

Blueberry Flavored Head-Swapper Zartan showed up this weekend. Packaging is really fun. Kinda wanna break him out, kinda don't. Hrm...

IMG_3760.JPG

IMG_3761.JPG

IMG_3762.JPG

IMG_3763.JPG

On 12/14/2021 at 11:33 AM, fantastic_four said:

@PeteFromPetesBasement picked up a couple, did you open one of them?  What did you think? 

On 12/14/2021 at 12:26 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Must be nice to have items in your basement that you didn't know you had. Is your basement an old toy store? lol

My parents basement...they want me to clean it up!i live in an apartment for like 13 years now so its long overdue lol plus some were bought from fleamarket and never knew what they originally were

On 12/14/2021 at 12:30 PM, Buzzetta said:

@PeteFromPetesBasement picked up a couple, did you open one of them?  What did you think? 

I opened it just to take a quick look. Didn't actually take it out of the package yet. Not til I get some more display units. 

The packaging is really cool, but I made the mistake of peeling off the tape/sticker seals instead of cutting them, so now I have that gross glue residue in circle shapes on the side of the box. Stupid of me.

On 12/14/2021 at 8:57 AM, F For Fake said:

Patrick, what's the story on this one? It kinda reminds me of the Go-Bots power suits, but is not a model I'm familiar with. Looks groovy!

Thank you for asking.  

It's a pre-cursor to the G1 Transformers line. 

Made by Takara in 1981.  

It's an early combiner called Warudaros.

Basically 3 insects that combine into a large robot.  

This site illustrates it better as I am missing portions:

http://www.robot-japan.com/gallery/item/warudaros-3.html

They actually modernized it recently: 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2021/10/26/meet-warudaros-and-its-waruder-heritage-that-birthed-the-decepticons-in-transformers/?sh=5918cc891091

It is not a very common toy to find in the wild. 

Patrick

I got another of those Gundam Infinity figures today. I went with Gundam Artemis. Not really familiar with it at all, but it looked cool. Turns out it's from the mobile game these figures are promoting, which is not available in Australia, so I can't see it in action for myself first hand. Same articulation issues as the Astray. Thing is though, with the way they're constructed there's no reason why they couldn't have a cut joint right at the top of the shoulder where the arm-pieces attach to the shoulder-pads. That could have been a point of articulation no drama, and vastly increased its mobility. Weird decision, that. The assembly gave them some great articulations points to use, instead they just blocked them all off. It's.... unusual. 

Question for my fellow plastic crackheads (see what I did there :roflmao:)

I really dig the 7” format of the McFarlane action figures and wanted to know if there’s a Marvel characters equivalent in height. I’ve had 6” and 10” figures but I want to keep any other additions in a uniform size (because I have ocd and any difference in height is not gonna let me have a level playing field)

Any Suggestions?