• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,316 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 6:03 PM, B2D327 said:

I have a few of these “mucking about” myself. Mego put out the greatest toys in the 70s.

As a side note, my Red Hulk showed up today and I also picked up a High Evolutionary because “why not?”.

2C9ABF10-BFD1-4487-AFF3-A65117139674.jpeg

Cool.

70's toys rocked! :headbang:

347536758_thumbnail(1).thumb.jpg.389a7f965115c9b153f7ef16909af40a.jpg

On 1/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Here's my lot - they're still up in the loft somewhere, mucking about...

023.thumb.jpg.e55482b9f2bdc9098e3a16ad8ec819d0.jpg

I made my own comic about them too:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/128805-show-us-your-personal-artwork/?do=findComment&comment=9774869

Happy times :)

Who is the little sexy monkey in the lower left? 

Penguin?  Aladdin with a top hat?

Patrick

Now this is an Iron Man I like. 1/12 scale, MK 46, my favourite armour he's worn (along with the MK VII) and this figure looks particularly sweet. It's by ThreeZero, and comes with a stand, four repulsor effects, two forearm rockets, and five pairs of hands. It's mixed media, with plastic, metal, and of course light-up eyes and chest, and is $100USD. I had to preorder it. Let's hope the final product is as good as the prototype. Not really any finicky bits, so not much to break, which was a hallmark of their products for a while. Release date 3rd quarter. Pics and stuff are here. Proportions look spot on to what I remember. 

b97883e2-fea3-4892-b426-b0532850aae9.jpg.a6ca247073dc7d9016393fcfc43a3b6a.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/193672

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

On 1/28/2022 at 2:43 AM, followtheleader said:

Who is the little sexy monkey in the lower left? 

Penguin?  Aladdin with a top hat?

Patrick

Penguin. If you look closely, Bobba Blue next to him is wearing his purple stripey shirt. They were into mix and match, the Baz Gang.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:30 AM, D84 said:

20220128_102817.thumb.jpg.961a758a68d42bca3b158b6f1092b7ea.jpg

yes the remote controls!!! those have come a long way, if ever the urge to play! lol Probably too old for my skateboard haha. Pop a ollie and that's about as far as I go. Still nice to see the creative sides :) 

On 1/28/2022 at 12:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

yes the remote controls!!! those have come a long way, if ever the urge to play! lol Probably too old for my skateboard haha. Pop a ollie and that's about as far as I go. Still nice to see the creative sides :) 

I did a couple laps around the house before the family started giving me funny looks.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:16 PM, D84 said:

I did a couple laps around the house before the family started giving me funny looks.

Mercy! We're only how we are on the inside that counts. Yes, been craving the planes and car tracks that apply to the ceiling as well haha. It's not ever something I need, which takes the fun away if I'm honest. It's where the freedom lies to make it enjoyable that "really" matters. Sometimes the best laid plans, even for a day of joy can be all but a hope :cry: 

On 1/28/2022 at 12:30 PM, D84 said:

20220128_102817.thumb.jpg.961a758a68d42bca3b158b6f1092b7ea.jpg

I dig it. I've heard from some folks who don't like it, and I'm like, it's a rocket powered muscle car Batmobile. What on earth is not cool about that? Even if the movie blows (and I hope it doesn't) this car is righteous!

Every Batmobile has been a star.  

Even the one from Batman and Robin was iconic in its own film.  That is one thing that WB/DC has never disappointed us with. 

Even the Tumbler... when I first saw that I was just impressed at reimagining the Batmobile into that beast of a machine. 

On 1/28/2022 at 1:42 PM, F For Fake said:

Even if the movie blows (and I hope it doesn't) 

I hate Twilight and have also not really liked any Batman movie since Batman Returns, so I'm prepared to hate this one too, but the trailers so far have been decent.  Colin Farrell completely unrecognizable as Penguin.

On 1/28/2022 at 7:09 PM, Poekaymon said:

I hate Twilight and have also not really liked any Batman movie since Batman Returns, so I'm prepared to hate this one too, but the trailers so far have been decent.  Colin Farrell completely unrecognizable as Penguin.

5% chance that I watch it.   Dude is a wagon.

Patrick

For you guys that got the Transformers Ark...

Someone made a 3rd Party upgrade set that fills in the gaps, provides for better hands, and adds some cannon for ship mode. 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/187975

image.png.607043482cc517b4d86bd0c9107bf7fc.png

image.thumb.png.89b4134c7661f4398acd39b13cbfcfc6.png

image.thumb.png.76c3b90144ce876c54c915266741790d.png

@Gotham Kid

Just revealed by Lego 

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2022/01/30/lego-reveals-31205-elvis-presley-the-king-as-next-art-mosaic-for-spring-2022-news/

Enjoy a relaxing project and reminisce. This LEGO® Art set lets you create three detailed portraits of Elvis Presley, the undisputed ‘King of Rock ‘n’ Roll’ himself. Listen to the soundtrack that will build you even more concentrated and let you live out your passion for music and creative design. Would you like another challenge? Then combine 3 of these sets for the ultimate Elvis portrait.

• 3 Portraits to choose from: Discover different faces of the icon as you build the LEGO® Art Elvis Presley – The King Wall Art Set (31204), which gives you 3 different options
  • Portrait to hang: This 3,445-piece LEGO® set includes 9 wall decor plates, a tile with Elvis Presley’s signature, 2 hangers, a divider and a LEGO brick frame
  • For Elvis Presley fans, pay tribute to the ‘King of Rock ‘n’ Roll’ with LEGO® portraits depicting the legendary artist at various points in his meteoric career
  • Unleash your creative side: the soundtrack will help you switch off and relax, allowing you to fully focus on the unexpected details of this art project
  • Pursue your passion: Would you like to become even more creative? Then combine 3 of these sets to create the ultimate portrait of Elvis Presley for your living room or office
  • Great gift idea: This square LEGO® Art portrait is 40 cm long and 40 cm wide and can be hung up or stood up. But you can also gift it to a fan who loves Elvis Presley’s music
  • Illustrated building instructions: The illustrated book contains building instructions that accompany you through the building project. Let yourself be initiated into the secrets of the legendary all-rounder before you start building
  • Grown-up building project: Celebrate pop culture icons with LEGO® Art sets for grown-ups. Enter the world of artists and entertainers and live out your passion for creative art and great design

image.png

Edited by Buzzetta