• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

Big rumor alert... keep in mind that this is the 90th anniversary of Lego.  Rumors have been bouncing around that they are going to modernize their most iconic sets.

10497 could be the reissue / upgrade of the classic space 497 Galaxy Explorer set. 

https://brickshow.com/2022/05-7/

Also supposedly coming is a modernization of the big Yellow Castle. 

On 5/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, Rip said:

I've started down the dangerous road of collecting Star Wars Hot Toys figures.

I've been on the edge of buying Hot Toys Ahsoka for months now.  Seems dangerous to me, too...what if I enjoy it?  I might want to buy more!  :ohnoez:

On 5/22/2022 at 4:21 PM, Rip said:

I've started down the dangerous road of collecting Star Wars Hot Toys figures.

This was the first one that arrived. I modified the eyes and it made a huge improvement with Rhinestones.

20220522_122421.jpg

20220522_123336.jpg

The only Hot Toys one I have is Luke. The Han is an amalgamation of Enterbay/Medicom with a Sideshow jacket and Hot Toys holster.

20211127_182352.thumb.jpg.1062f0ec2f2521b5f3f94505d15c6021.jpg

On 5/22/2022 at 2:34 PM, fantastic_four said:

I've been on the edge of buying Hot Toys Ahsoka for months now.  Seems dangerous to me, too...what if I enjoy it?  I might want to buy more!  :ohnoez:

I pre ordered Ahsoka and the new chrome 2.0 Mandalorian, so I'm all in now.

Also debating about the new Snowspeeder Luke.

Edited by Rip

On 5/23/2022 at 12:32 PM, Rip said:

The sculpt on that one is amazing. I may trying and buy a parted out head for my Bespin Luke.

On 5/24/2022 at 3:32 AM, Rip said:

Snowspeeder Luke? Dare I ask how much? 

On 5/22/2022 at 9:36 AM, B2D327 said:

Always liked this version of the character 

20220521_122650.jpg

I had the massive 1/3 scale statue of this. Man it was a beast. Ended up selling it because I wanted some room back. Made a nice little profit too. Now I regret selling it, even though I've got less room for it than before. 

On 5/25/2022 at 12:02 AM, Rip said:

I never realised how dirty his outfit was. This is obviously post-crash? 

Here I'm trying to help out my good American friend, without whom I'd be missing so many key pieces. He's also a lovely guy, a million ways to chat to, and very friendly. 

Hes assembling his own interpretation of a Marvel Legends collection, and he's desperate for a Samuel L Jackson Nick Fury (but not the de-aged Captain Marvel one). He can't find one for a reasonable price. They're all outrageous. I had a look, as I thought he must be mistaken, but nope, they're insane. 

Does anyone have an ML Nick Fury they're looking to get rid of for a reasonable price, again, that's not the Captain Marvel one with Goose. I'll vouch for him seven ways from Sunday, and he's in America, so it's nice easy deal to use. I'll also take full responsibility for his side, just so you know you have no chance of any drama. 

Thanks, everyone! 

@Buzzetta

@fantastic_four

Edited by Cat

On 5/25/2022 at 1:25 PM, Cat said:

Here I'm trying to help out my good American friend, without whom I'd be missing so many key pieces. He's also a lovely guy, a million ways to chat to, and very friendly. 

Hes assembling his own interpretation of a Marvel Legends collection, and he's desperate for a Samuel L Jackson Nick Fury (but not the de-aged Captain Marvel one). He can't find one for a reasonable price. They're all outrageous. I had a look, as I thought he must be mistaken, but nope, they're insane. 

Does anyone have an ML Nick Fury they're looking to get rid of for a reasonable price, again, that's not the Captain Marvel one with Goose. I'll vouch for him seven ways from Sunday, and he's in America, so it's nice easy deal to use. I'll also take full responsibility for his side, just so you know you have no chance of any drama. 

Thanks, everyone! 

@Buzzetta

@fantastic_four

I don’t collect Marvel Legends sorry. I can keep an eye out though. 

On 5/26/2022 at 5:49 AM, Buzzetta said:

I don’t collect Marvel Legends sorry. I can keep an eye out though. 

Cheers mate, that'd be fantastic. He'll also take two pairs of your used undies. 

.... Maybe better scrap the last part.lol

On 5/25/2022 at 4:01 PM, Cat said:

Cheers mate, that'd be fantastic. He'll also take two pairs of your used undies. 

.... Maybe better scrap the last part.lol

Actually I just realized something.

Secret Invasion featuring Nick Fury is set to appear on Disney+ later this year or early 2023.  It has been in development since 2019 and had a setback due to the Covid Pandemic.

All merchandising has had a full prep period to accommodate the release date so I would see new figures unveiled for Nick Fury sometime this summer or the end of the year as Marvel puts its schedule together for the show.   When Hawkeye was ready to drop, Hasbro unveiled new figures.  When No Way Home was ready to drop?  The same thing and so on... 

I would expect something new to be unveiled over the course of the next six months that might be better than anything he is going to pay an arm and a leg for right now.

We didn't even think of Secret Invasion. You're a genius, Buzz! 

On 5/26/2022 at 10:58 PM, D84 said:

There are people who on the Sideshow Collectibles forum that says this Hot Toyys figure looks nothing like Harrison Ford. Though it's not perfect, "nothing like" is a bit of a stretch.

P1010019.thumb.JPG.ca0cb2b81f732072f1ae7dba06093be2.JPG

P1010029.JPG.9edb8494cb5612bd815bac185943fd47.JPG

Venkman looks unimpressed 

On 5/27/2022 at 12:58 AM, D84 said:

There are people who on the Sideshow Collectibles forum that says this Hot Toyys figure looks nothing like Harrison Ford. Though it's not perfect, "nothing like" is a bit of a stretch.

P1010019.thumb.JPG.ca0cb2b81f732072f1ae7dba06093be2.JPG

P1010029.JPG.9edb8494cb5612bd815bac185943fd47.JPG

That looks a lot like Harrison Ford actually. 

On 5/27/2022 at 4:35 AM, Buzzetta said:

That looks a lot like Harrison Ford actually. 

People on the Sideshow forum bash this sculpt so bad, you'd think it killed one of their children.