This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
30 30

7,977 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2022 at 4:34 PM, F For Fake said:

Hell yeah, and he looks sharp! I used to love playing with one of these at my aunt's house when I was a kid. She did a lot of babysitting, and she had this in her assortment of toys for the kids. I always wished he was mine. I was pricing them a couple of years ago, but haven't found one in nice shape with a decent box at a price I want to pay...at least not yet. Yours looks great!

Uhm, that is in superb shape.   

I could see it 100 times and will never get tired of the toy.   Kudos. 

It may be one of the best all-time toys. 

Patrick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More black friday purchases rolling in. I really dig these Super Cyborgs from Super 7. Much more appealing at $40 than they were at the $75 price. If I can find more on sale, I wouldn't mind collecting the whole line.

Also, I'm not ordinarily a Funko Pop guy, but this Jumbo 10" Soundwave was a cant-miss at $17. Love that he comes with 4 cassettes you can swap in and out.

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2022 at 11:46 PM, F For Fake said:

Also, my Holiday Optimus Prime arrived from Pulse, and I am loving it. A lot of people are going crazy for the mold, which is all new, and I think it's fine. What I really love is the deco, the way the "snow fall" on the cab drifts away to form a candy cane pattern, and Prime himself is decked out like Santa, complete with a white faceplate in place of a beard. Gotta love that green matrix too! This thing will become a regular part of my xmas decorations, no doubt. 

I also like the packaging. It's small and narrow, but it reminds me of the Christmas trucks you could get as Hess...maybe you still can. I also like the simulated "torn wrapping paper" effect. All in all just a really nice presentation.

IMG_1229.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

I can't wait to get the toy itself to try out the interesting transformation, but I'll wait for a different deco, hopefully something more G2-oriented. 

Did anyone see the new Black Series Admiral Ackbar up for preorder at BBTS. It's god-awful. I get what they're going for (I hope), a vintage look, but that means no paint. That's not acceptable on a 4 inch figure now, let alone a 6 inch. It looks bad. And for $29USD? Laughable. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/227313

 

Compare it to the deco on the previous Black version. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/125909

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, Cat said:

I can't wait to get the toy itself to try out the interesting transformation, but I'll wait for a different deco, hopefully something more G2-oriented. 

Did anyone see the new Black Series Admiral Ackbar up for preorder at BBTS. It's god-awful. I get what they're going for (I hope), a vintage look, but that means no paint. That's not acceptable on a 4 inch figure now, let alone a 6 inch. It looks bad. And for $29USD? Laughable. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/227313

 

Compare it to the deco on the previous Black version. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/125909

The transformation IS interesting. I have to admit, I'm old, most transformations are way beyond me these days. I try to use the instructions, and always end up giving up and watching a Youtube tutorial on how to transform my damn toy! ha I made it MOST of the way through this one, but was having some difficulty with the legs, so, sure enough, Youtube to the rescue. Then, when I wanted him back in truck form, it took a lot longer than it should have, but I did eventually get him transformed back on my own. Huzzah!

I generally prefer Prime to be a flat nose cab, as I am a geewunner for the most part. I see a lot of folks speculating that this mold will be used for a "G2 Hero Optimus", but I had to look that up, as G2 is largely a hole in my collecting. I was too old to be interested when they come out, and as an adult found them garish. So, I don't know much about the deco, but I can see how it would work with the mold. 

Edited by F For Fake
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2022 at 12:01 AM, F For Fake said:

The transformation IS interesting. I have to admit, I'm old, most transformations are way beyond me these days. I try to use the instructions, and always end up giving up and watching a Youtube tutorial on how to transform my damn toy! ha I made it MOST of the way through this one, but was having some difficulty with the lets, so, sure enough, Youtube to the rescue. Then, when I wanted him back in truck form, it took a lot longer than it should have, but I did eventually get him transformed back on my own. Huzzah!

I generally prefer Prime to be a flat nose cab, as I am a geewunner for the most part. I see a lot of folks speculating that this mold will be used for a "G2 Hero Optimus", but I had to look that up, as G2 is largely a hole in my collecting. I was too old to be interested when they come out, and as an adult found them garish. So, I don't know much about the deco, but I can see how it would work with the mold. 

lol I have to do the exact same thing. I only transform them once at most, to robot mode so I can put them on display. I hate when they're in alt-mode. Masterpiece are my Achilles' Heel. I'm so bad at transforming them. It takes me forever to match the pictures. 

I also don't know a heap about G2, but I love it for the garish colour used. They're so hideous they're charming to me. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2022 at 9:06 AM, Cat said:

lol I have to do the exact same thing. I only transform them once at most, to robot mode so I can put them on display. I hate when they're in alt-mode. Masterpiece are my Achilles' Heel. I'm so bad at transforming them. It takes me forever to match the pictures. 

I also don't know a heap about G2, but I love it for the garish colour used. They're so hideous they're charming to me. 

 

Yes, I'm usually lucky with the figures coming in robot form, so I never have to worry about transforming them ha But every once in a while there's an alt mode that I prefer. I think I'll keep Holiday Optimus in truck mode, he's pretty festive that way!

I totally get the G2 thing now. I didn't for years. But I agree completely, what I used to find so ugly about them is not absolutely the reason to like them. I haven't ventured very far into collecting them, but I'm no longer opposed to it like I used to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, Cat said:

I can't wait to get the toy itself to try out the interesting transformation, but I'll wait for a different deco, hopefully something more G2-oriented. 

Did anyone see the new Black Series Admiral Ackbar up for preorder at BBTS. It's god-awful. I get what they're going for (I hope), a vintage look, but that means no paint. That's not acceptable on a 4 inch figure now, let alone a 6 inch. It looks bad. And for $29USD? Laughable. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/227313

 

Compare it to the deco on the previous Black version. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/125909

image.gif.54a898e4184f6b3c661d308b7563af0c.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2022 at 3:54 PM, Dave2739 said:

Not to go too far off topic, but what kind of port do you dig? That stuff's tasty. 

I'll usually rotate between these 2 depending on availability at my local LCBO. Both can be bought for somewhere in low-to-mid $30.00 range, so not too expensive. You can dig a big hole in your wallet for some well-aged brands! A few glasses of this ensures the Sanctum Sanctorum set will likely have a few pieces leftover ... 

Port1.jpg

Port3.jpg

sddrink.jpg

Edited by BuscemasAvengers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2022 at 4:24 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

I'll usually rotate between these 2 depending on availability at my local LCBO. Both can be bought for somewhere in low-to-mid $30.00 range, so not too expensive. You can dig a big hole in your wallet for some well-aged brands! A few glasses of this ensures the Sanctum Sanctorum set will likely have a few pieces leftover ... 

Port1.jpg

Port3.jpg

sddrink.jpg

Taylor Fladgate 10 year is my go-to, but I'll splurge and go for the 20 every once in awhile. Cheers and now we get back to being grown-ups talking about toys!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
30 30