• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

More black friday purchases rolling in. I really dig these Super Cyborgs from Super 7. Much more appealing at $40 than they were at the $75 price. If I can find more on sale, I wouldn't mind collecting the whole line.

Also, I'm not ordinarily a Funko Pop guy, but this Jumbo 10" Soundwave was a cant-miss at $17. Love that he comes with 4 cassettes you can swap in and out.

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

On 12/7/2022 at 11:46 PM, F For Fake said:

Also, my Holiday Optimus Prime arrived from Pulse, and I am loving it. A lot of people are going crazy for the mold, which is all new, and I think it's fine. What I really love is the deco, the way the "snow fall" on the cab drifts away to form a candy cane pattern, and Prime himself is decked out like Santa, complete with a white faceplate in place of a beard. Gotta love that green matrix too! This thing will become a regular part of my xmas decorations, no doubt. 

I also like the packaging. It's small and narrow, but it reminds me of the Christmas trucks you could get as Hess...maybe you still can. I also like the simulated "torn wrapping paper" effect. All in all just a really nice presentation.

IMG_1229.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

I can't wait to get the toy itself to try out the interesting transformation, but I'll wait for a different deco, hopefully something more G2-oriented. 

Did anyone see the new Black Series Admiral Ackbar up for preorder at BBTS. It's god-awful. I get what they're going for (I hope), a vintage look, but that means no paint. That's not acceptable on a 4 inch figure now, let alone a 6 inch. It looks bad. And for $29USD? Laughable. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/227313

Compare it to the deco on the previous Black version. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/125909

On 12/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, Cat said:

I can't wait to get the toy itself to try out the interesting transformation, but I'll wait for a different deco, hopefully something more G2-oriented. 

Did anyone see the new Black Series Admiral Ackbar up for preorder at BBTS. It's god-awful. I get what they're going for (I hope), a vintage look, but that means no paint. That's not acceptable on a 4 inch figure now, let alone a 6 inch. It looks bad. And for $29USD? Laughable. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/227313

Compare it to the deco on the previous Black version. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/125909

The transformation IS interesting. I have to admit, I'm old, most transformations are way beyond me these days. I try to use the instructions, and always end up giving up and watching a Youtube tutorial on how to transform my damn toy! ha I made it MOST of the way through this one, but was having some difficulty with the legs, so, sure enough, Youtube to the rescue. Then, when I wanted him back in truck form, it took a lot longer than it should have, but I did eventually get him transformed back on my own. Huzzah!

I generally prefer Prime to be a flat nose cab, as I am a geewunner for the most part. I see a lot of folks speculating that this mold will be used for a "G2 Hero Optimus", but I had to look that up, as G2 is largely a hole in my collecting. I was too old to be interested when they come out, and as an adult found them garish. So, I don't know much about the deco, but I can see how it would work with the mold. 

Edited by F For Fake

On 12/8/2022 at 12:01 AM, F For Fake said:

The transformation IS interesting. I have to admit, I'm old, most transformations are way beyond me these days. I try to use the instructions, and always end up giving up and watching a Youtube tutorial on how to transform my damn toy! ha I made it MOST of the way through this one, but was having some difficulty with the lets, so, sure enough, Youtube to the rescue. Then, when I wanted him back in truck form, it took a lot longer than it should have, but I did eventually get him transformed back on my own. Huzzah!

I generally prefer Prime to be a flat nose cab, as I am a geewunner for the most part. I see a lot of folks speculating that this mold will be used for a "G2 Hero Optimus", but I had to look that up, as G2 is largely a hole in my collecting. I was too old to be interested when they come out, and as an adult found them garish. So, I don't know much about the deco, but I can see how it would work with the mold. 

lol I have to do the exact same thing. I only transform them once at most, to robot mode so I can put them on display. I hate when they're in alt-mode. Masterpiece are my Achilles' Heel. I'm so bad at transforming them. It takes me forever to match the pictures. 

I also don't know a heap about G2, but I love it for the garish colour used. They're so hideous they're charming to me. 

On 12/7/2022 at 9:06 AM, Cat said:

lol I have to do the exact same thing. I only transform them once at most, to robot mode so I can put them on display. I hate when they're in alt-mode. Masterpiece are my Achilles' Heel. I'm so bad at transforming them. It takes me forever to match the pictures. 

I also don't know a heap about G2, but I love it for the garish colour used. They're so hideous they're charming to me. 

Yes, I'm usually lucky with the figures coming in robot form, so I never have to worry about transforming them ha But every once in a while there's an alt mode that I prefer. I think I'll keep Holiday Optimus in truck mode, he's pretty festive that way!

I totally get the G2 thing now. I didn't for years. But I agree completely, what I used to find so ugly about them is not absolutely the reason to like them. I haven't ventured very far into collecting them, but I'm no longer opposed to it like I used to be.

On 12/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, Cat said:

image.gif.54a898e4184f6b3c661d308b7563af0c.gif

On 12/7/2022 at 3:54 PM, Dave2739 said:

Not to go too far off topic, but what kind of port do you dig? That stuff's tasty. 

I'll usually rotate between these 2 depending on availability at my local LCBO. Both can be bought for somewhere in low-to-mid $30.00 range, so not too expensive. You can dig a big hole in your wallet for some well-aged brands! A few glasses of this ensures the Sanctum Sanctorum set will likely have a few pieces leftover ... 

Port1.jpg

Port3.jpg

sddrink.jpg

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

On 12/7/2022 at 4:24 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

I'll usually rotate between these 2 depending on availability at my local LCBO. Both can be bought for somewhere in low-to-mid $30.00 range, so not too expensive. You can dig a big hole in your wallet for some well-aged brands! A few glasses of this ensures the Sanctum Sanctorum set will likely have a few pieces leftover ... 

Port1.jpg

Port3.jpg

sddrink.jpg

Taylor Fladgate 10 year is my go-to, but I'll splurge and go for the 20 every once in awhile. Cheers and now we get back to being grown-ups talking about toys!