• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,341 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2022 at 7:07 PM, ft88 said:

Came across 4 of these. 2 are open and both are the empire strikes back survival kit. The other two are sealed. 

keep those two sealed and assume they are survival kits as well?

Picture of one of each  

Also-posting some Lego sets in the For sale page  

27ED0C62-AAF9-46EB-B795-A43F9E7ADB19.jpeg

Any ID number on the side/bottom of the box? 

Selling any of the 4 or any 80s items?

Patrick

On 12/7/2022 at 8:12 PM, followtheleader said:

So amazing.   Godzilla taking out Marvel and DCs finest. 

Hell, even a human leg in the process. 

Patrick

You never knew what you were gonna get when your folks would get the film developed.  That shot was supposed to be epic lol

I really thought the white shag was gonna look like snow. 
1ACDF470-E807-4211-B82E-5F0F348A516D.thumb.jpeg.6228db2a2ea61e1ce2da8304889cb9a2.jpeg

If you zoom in, it’s a pretty good attempt :smile:

7FE3BB83-FCD5-4A6E-BC87-57F3666A1F83.thumb.jpeg.ad6488333c868fd2ce1c2bc42f433e82.jpeg

BTW @followtheleader

Is there a toy thread going where this stuff would fit in better?  I understand it’s not the subject of this thread.  Or a thread where you guys discuss  values and such?  I was just looking up some of the MIB figures from the first Spidey movie and was pleasantly surprised at the current prices.

On 12/7/2022 at 10:06 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Is there a toy thread going where this stuff would fit in better?  I understand it’s not the subject of this thread.  Or a thread where you guys discuss  values and such?  I was just looking up some of the MIB figures from the first Spidey movie and was pleasantly surprised at the current prices.

Currently there's just the one thread that's like a Water Cooler catch-all for all toy topics.  There are other forums that focus on toys.  I use one called The Fwoosh that I post on more than I do here for the last few years, but that one is focused on new toys from what I can tell, not so much vintage.  Or if people do talk about vintage toys there I haven't found the sub-forum where they're doing it.  Anyone know what the best vintage toy forum is?

I think those Spider-Man movie figures are doing well because of the recent No Way Home film that featured Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield.  Hasbro has the Marvel license for most toys sold at retail in the US, and for some reason they didn't produce any figures with unmasked heads of Maguire and Garfield so people are going back and buying the old figures that did have unmasked heads of those two guys.  There's a Reddit thread where people talk about Hasbro's Marvel Legends, and I've been seeing people post lots of pics of their pickups of Maguire and Garfield old figures in that thread for the last year since that movie came out.  Not sure why Hasbro didn't make unmasked heads of the older actors.  We've been assuming there was some contractual or financial issue with either Sony or those two actors, but I haven't seen evidence that anyone knows what the issue is.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 12/7/2022 at 9:41 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You never knew what you were gonna get when your folks would get the film developed.  That shot was supposed to be epic lol

I really thought the white shag was gonna look like snow. 
1ACDF470-E807-4211-B82E-5F0F348A516D.thumb.jpeg.6228db2a2ea61e1ce2da8304889cb9a2.jpeg

If you zoom in, it’s a pretty good attempt :smile:

7FE3BB83-FCD5-4A6E-BC87-57F3666A1F83.thumb.jpeg.ad6488333c868fd2ce1c2bc42f433e82.jpeg

Love it! Man, those were days. Taking a picture, having to wait maybe days or weeks (or more!) until the roll of film was finished, then taking it off to be processed, which could take god knows how long, only to get them back and find them a little...underwhelming. Now we're all walking around with movie-quality cameras in our pockets. Insanity.

On 12/7/2022 at 10:06 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

BTW @followtheleader

I'm not Patrick, but for what it's worth, I think sharing the pics of old toys is PERFECT for this thread, as so much of it is tied up in nostalgia. So, in that instance, I'd say keep them coming.

For more in-depth toy forums, FF has already mentioned the Fwoosh. I personally like the transformers boards at tfw2005, which are obviously heavy on Transformers content/topics, but they have a separate forum called the Toy Ark where other lines have dedicated threads.

On 12/8/2022 at 7:49 AM, fantastic_four said:

Currently there's just the one thread that's like a Water Cooler catch-all for all toy topics.  There are other forums that focus on toys.  I use one called The Fwoosh that I post on more than I do here for the last few years, but that one is focused on new toys from what I can tell, not so much vintage.  Or if people do talk about vintage toys there I haven't found the sub-forum where they're doing it.  Anyone know what the best vintage toy forum is?

I think those Spider-Man movie figures are doing well because of the recent No Way Home film that featured Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield.  Hasbro has the Marvel license for most toys sold at retail in the US, and for some reason they didn't produce any figures with unmasked heads of Maguire and Garfield so people are going back and buying the old figures that did have unmasked heads of those two guys.  There's a Reddit thread where people talk about Hasbro's Marvel Legends, and I've been seeing people post lots of pics of their pickups of Maguire and Garfield old figures in that thread for the last year since that movie came out.  Not sure why Hasbro didn't make unmasked heads of the older actors.  We've been assuming there was some contractual or financial issue with either Sony or those two actors, but I haven't seen evidence that anyone knows what the issue is.

That’s why I’m seeing those prices.  These are the 3 that I have left...

D80CAA9A-D62E-4700-95BA-302E3B60A1E9.thumb.jpeg.92d3c006f19d237ba7f12412d3869c4f.jpeg

BF01E2D8-A444-4A7A-B7F2-2C2873E2865D.thumb.jpeg.9d27e2492aa3115e29d55746ad8b2230.jpeg8E5719AF-D3B9-46C5-9717-1A9E91D0E6D9.thumb.jpeg.4f805f437a47c7f5c793eef29783439f.jpeg

And a loose one...

2D022491-0030-4A0E-B1DB-09D6C0ABAC2A.thumb.jpeg.3a6341695b849df1be2ced1444925128.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

Sweet! The ThreeZero 1/12 scale MK 46 Iron Man is now in stock at BBTS. Be a few weeks before I'll be able to ship mine out, thanks to the Xmas rush and sooo much stuff coming out in the next couple of weeks, but I can't wait to get a hold of this one in person. It looks like a perfect representation of the movie suit. I hope it scales well with my Marvel Legends, as anaemic as my MCU collection is (I've only got about 8 different characters, I try and stick with comic figures). 

Here are pics of what it looks like. It's pricey, but it's partially made of metal, and has the obligatory light-up feature, so I think the price is reasonable when you take those factors into account. It is ThreeZero though, so they'll have somehow found a way to make it fragile. 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/193672

I said that Godzilla was my absolute fave, but really it’s probably this.  I think this might be the first time I set it up, and just hadn’t built the trash compactor yet.   I still have all the pieces....somewhere.  Can’t tell you how many times Luke swung across the sky bridge.   The best thing about this was that it was the perfect size for Godzilla to attack :smile:

1A7551A4-4763-4043-A066-3603F92063B1.thumb.jpeg.7aec7d66c7f7990ccca02ac356fd0d36.jpeg0769EBAF-E3E4-44DD-BBA4-98CEAF37C5EB.thumb.jpeg.a1cc641ef4e47c59f1a017d55ecf4581.jpeg

On 12/8/2022 at 9:32 AM, F For Fake said:

I'm not Patrick, but for what it's worth, I think sharing the pics of old toys is PERFECT for this thread, as so much of it is tied up in nostalgia. So, in that instance, I'd say keep them coming.

For more in-depth toy forums, FF has already mentioned the Fwoosh. I personally like the transformers boards at tfw2005, which are obviously heavy on Transformers content/topics, but they have a separate forum called the Toy Ark where other lines have dedicated threads.

Definitely post it here.   This is all-things toys.  We have a nice grouping of people here to mix up info on old and new.  

Facebook has SO much on toys.  You'll feel like you've fallen into limbo and can never get out.  Old toys, new toys, specific toy lines, buying/selling, etc.  It is endless. 

Patrick

On 12/8/2022 at 7:01 PM, Cat said:

Sweet! The ThreeZero 1/12 scale MK 46 Iron Man is now in stock at BBTS. Be a few weeks before I'll be able to ship mine out, thanks to the Xmas rush and sooo much stuff coming out in the next couple of weeks, but I can't wait to get a hold of this one in person. It looks like a perfect representation of the movie suit. I hope it scales well with my Marvel Legends, as anaemic as my MCU collection is (I've only got about 8 different characters, I try and stick with comic figures). 

Here are pics of what it looks like. It's pricey, but it's partially made of metal, and has the obligatory light-up feature, so I think the price is reasonable when you take those factors into account. It is ThreeZero though, so they'll have somehow found a way to make it fragile. 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/193672

I've had the ThreeZero Mark 43 and Hulkbuster in my BBTS cart for a few weeks now.  The top half of the Mark 43 fits down into the Hulkbuster as shown below.  Only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is it looks somewhat difficult to finagle the parts on him to get maximum articulation range and to open up the chest and head to fit the Mark 43 inside.

Even harder to finagle is the Hot Toys Hulkbuster that lets an entire Mark 43 figure fit inside.  Whoo, boy, the reviews on working the parts on that guy make me feel like I would need a mechanical engineering degree to play with it at all.  :blush:

dlx-iron-man-mark-xliv-hulkbuster_marvel_gallery_60ba512c928f1.jpg dlx-iron-man-mark-xliv-hulkbuster_marvel_gallery_60ba512c42579.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four