• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2022 at 1:22 PM, Yorick said:

But his clothes are already torn up.  :baiting::baiting:

My bad.  He’s changing back :baiting:

He has “transforming action”.  The figure actually fits inside the Hulk figure so you don’t have to worry about where to put him when you’re in Hulk mode :insane:

DFB8F6B0-2827-4361-AABE-B836B50FD82D.jpeg.327c1523f1251fd3c020a461c65830d3.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 12/11/2022 at 2:25 PM, B2D327 said:

…also has an arch nemesis named Hypnos

they came with some discs that fit inside the heads if I remember correctly 

Yup

I just checked mine to see if there was a mission disk in there.  No disc.   They’ll be somewhere in the bottom of one of Rubbermaid bins.  I did find his jacket though....

F999F920-2F9C-457C-A08E-D7FBECBC3117.thumb.jpeg.d86500fa51fe39d5326c975bb4ae8b57.jpeg

Bought a good load from the same guy I got the boxed Optimus Power Master from. 

On a side bar, a whole lot coming in lately.   Happy to see some stuff. 

This lot is pretty awesome and weird. 

It's a lot of He-man/MOTU kid's costume pieces from the 1980s. 

The Hordak is just insane.   His weapon is a monster sized version of the weapon's that were released with the OG horde figures.   Even down to the clasp that lets the crossbow pop into action.   

Sword and belt/kilt are from Skeletor.  

Patrick

317100240_524442822897182_1579626669827627994_n.jpg

I'm always curious how people see trending of sales in their local area.   I tend to focus on 80s, but any info is welcome. 

He-man/MOTU - Sales are still pretty strong.  I see them selling better in a lot format versus individually, unless in near mint condition.   More so than other toy lines, people seem to be really focused on the rarer figures (movie characters/Ninjor/Mosquitor/Sorceress/Randor/Clamp Champ/Scareglow/etc).   It's just clear that a billion were Mfg'd for the earlier years.   It does feel like the steam is cooling off a bit after all the craziness of the last few years (including the new TV shows and modern toy releases).

GI Joe - I don't know why, but there has been a crazy resurgence lately.  It's odd, because it felt like a lull not too long ago.  My only guess is the interest in the Classified line is drawing re-interest in vintage.  I hardly list a Joe item and it's gone (including items in poor condition).  The previously vilified "neon" area of Joes (90-94) are much in demand.   A local seller told me recently that the interest in 82-86 has massively dropped off as most have acquired that they need in that period.   I'm not seeing that, but maybe others are.  

Transformers - I'm really curious what others are seeing here.  Simply put, there are virtually none available to buy or sell locally.  That appears to be the case at local shows too.   When I do see them, they are largely over-priced as a result.   I have a feeling they are still strong sellers when available and appropriately priced.   I do see people buying newer Transformers at a higher clip which is partially due to the lack of older TF availability.  

The oddity toy lines are selling very well.  It's not a coincidence that they line up with the later 80s.   I've met so many people just turning 40 and they have the same passion we had from the earlier 80s.   The difference?  Toy lines from the earlier 80s were longer lived and more abundant.   I've heard more interest for Inhumanoids than ever before.   Dino Riders continue to sell briskly.   Food Fighters, Battle Beasts, Army Ants, and on and on.  

What doesn't seem to sell well?  I need to think on this more.  One example is Marvel Secret Wars from the 80s.  And it really doesn't make sense to me.   I see HUGE interest in modern Marvel/DC toys.  Guessing it's the sucky articulation and the shield thing is super weird.  Even the vehicles/sets are non-Marvel-esque.   Just surprising to me as there aren't a ton of non-Mego Marvel toy options up to that point (and frankly into the 90s). 

Patrick

On 12/12/2022 at 7:35 AM, followtheleader said:

I'm always curious how people see trending of sales in their local area.   I tend to focus on 80s, but any info is welcome. 

Cool analysis.  I like your toy posts.  I think I sold you a vintage Dagobah playset years ago in person in Golden... maybe through a rebelscum posting?  Can't remember.

Anyways, keep it up.  You find a lot of cool stuff.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:55 PM, Turnando said:

Cool analysis.  I like your toy posts.  I think I sold you a vintage Dagobah playset years ago in person in Golden... maybe through a rebelscum posting?  Can't remember.

Anyways, keep it up.  You find a lot of cool stuff.

Thank you, much appreciated. 

I wish I had purchased the Dagobah set.  Oddly, it's one of the few SW sets I haven't purchased. 

I plan to post more shortly.   Have a 3rd Joe mini set poised for a Pic-N-Post (TM pending). 

Patrick

On 12/11/2022 at 6:36 PM, followtheleader said:

Bought a good load from the same guy I got the boxed Optimus Power Master from. 

On a side bar, a whole lot coming in lately.   Happy to see some stuff. 

This lot is pretty awesome and weird. 

It's a lot of He-man/MOTU kid's costume pieces from the 1980s. 

The Hordak is just insane.   His weapon is a monster sized version of the weapon's that were released with the OG horde figures.   Even down to the clasp that lets the crossbow pop into action.   

Sword and belt/kilt are from Skeletor.  

Patrick

317100240_524442822897182_1579626669827627994_n.jpg

OH man, i LOVE that. I had some of these as a kid, had He-Man's shield, and the power sword that split in half, silver on one side, yellow on the other. Used to "fight" my father in the basement. Eventually I upgraded to a giant thick plastic Voltron sword, and we had to stop "fighting" because I was whacking the old man too hard, that thing was a monster! ha

I'd love to get my hands on these sets again one day. A local toy dealer had a sealed set, I believe the Skeletor set, but he wanted like $500 for it. May be worth that much (they're uncommon for sure) but I'm not paying that much.

That Hordak stuff is INSANE. This is way too cool.