• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2022 at 7:52 AM, F For Fake said:

OH man, i LOVE that. I had some of these as a kid, had He-Man's shield, and the power sword that split in half, silver on one side, yellow on the other. Used to "fight" my father in the basement. Eventually I upgraded to a giant thick plastic Voltron sword, and we had to stop "fighting" because I was whacking the old man too hard, that thing was a monster! ha

I'd love to get my hands on these sets again one day. A local toy dealer had a sealed set, I believe the Skeletor set, but he wanted like $500 for it. May be worth that much (they're uncommon for sure) but I'm not paying that much.

That Hordak stuff is INSANE. This is way too cool.

lol I had a brother for that reason too, but he is in '87 me in '81, I was probably a little too rough by the time TMNT movies came along :eek:. He was a trooper though, gave as good as he got! edit to say it was probably more power rangers for him hahaha

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/13/2022 at 7:59 AM, F For Fake said:

And finally, some full price stuff. Legends Daredevil 3-pack from Pulse, and Camo Khan from Mattel Creations. The Khans are already sold, now I wish my Wun-Dars would finally show up!

I don't buy many Legends aside from the occasional X-men, but I wanted this DD set. I'm a big fan of Bullseye in this deco, and I also dug the Deodato-esque wild-haired head sculpt that came with Elektra. 

And that's it for now! No more toys until Xmas! Happy Hunting!

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

Probably the most versatile where I'd be tempted. Bullseye gets a "bullseye" on the short quick angle movements that I'd enjoy with that character, the frozen throwing blades are a nice touch. In short that is one I'd admire, but I haven't dipped into this thread quite yet lol I'm too broke for plastic haha

On 12/13/2022 at 10:34 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I had a brother for that reason too, but he is in '87 me in '81, I was probably a little too rough by the time TMNT movies came along :eek:. He was a trooper though, gave as good as he got! edit to say it was probably more power rangers for him hahaha

He only wanted $30 for the lot, so I felt obliged to purchase.  

It's hard to find any true value on the items.   People are asking $200, but there are no sold prices I could find (and those include the ultra cool Hordak bat accessory). 

In all honesty, I craved the crossbow.   It's just so reminiscent of the action figures.  

Everything was from his childhood.  Being a little younger than me was helpful for my collection.  Super impressed with how quickly he learned.  I spent a lot of time helping to identify some oddity items and he ended up selling a ton of stuff. 

Patrick 

I love the Daredevil and Elektra in that new 3-pack.  DD and Elektra have by far the best articulation of any twelfth-scale version of the characters, and Elektra's wild Jersey girl hair is awesome.

AL9nZEXXUkuKqC2Ywzgw5Z38h4mCx4jA8d6-CKUk

On 12/11/2022 at 6:19 PM, D84 said:

Bought an Indy bootleg to compare with my Hot Toys figure. Not sure which one I like more. Will probably mix and match parts to make a complete Indy.

20221211_180535.thumb.jpg.a68eb797c923fffbe779819f9b58d43b.jpg

I finished my mix. Since it was a slow day, I went into photoshop and removed the background.

1757732394_IndianaJonesClearBackground.thumb.png.0430de4f89e92e27136d4e24a0edba6d.png

On 12/15/2022 at 4:26 PM, Namtak said:

At issue 40 of the alien maquette .had to show you the balljoint process,really well taught,really sturdy to support à lot of weight(plastic and metal)still on the first leg.....takes a lot of patience:taptaptap:

20221215_161640.jpg

20221215_161645.jpg

20221215_161647.jpg

20221215_161652.jpg

20221215_161705.jpg

20221215_161714.jpg

20221215_161839.jpg

Really enjoy watching your progress on this. Thanks for posting.

20221216_142813.thumb.jpg.375c1bb1c30a7e3d8fb9c5071d85885d.jpg20221216_142922.thumb.jpg.e9df557b9f7222c020661ff251c8b80d.jpg

So I really like Ironhide, he's a very solid figure, and easily the best figure we've got of him. However keep in mind I haven't actually opened my Earthrise version, so I can't compare it to that. I actually think I may like it more than the Masterpiece, to be honest.

Core Ratchet is an awesome little figure, and will definitely be my default Cyberverse Ratchet, and that's saying something, because I've got about 5 different Cyberverse scale Ratchets, not including this one. It's a really solid little figure. Love it. I need another one.

Mafex Jean... is alright (it's only my second Mafex figure I own, I think, and the first I've opened?). It's a nice enough figure, the joints are all fine, nothing feels like it's going to break. It came with a flight stand, which I didn't know about, so that was a nice surprise. However, the heads pop off VERY easily. Try and adjust the head, and pop, there goes the head. That gets old real fast. Very nice plastic used, it doesn't look platicky at all on the yellow parts. It comes with 3 headsculpts, and they're all nice sculpts and well-painted, and the accessories are certainly good. So it's a nice enough figure, but it doesn't make me want to go out and buy more.

It's funny, I preordered these at Target what seems like a year and a half ago. Then, a couple of weeks ago they showed up on hasbro pulse. So, I ordered them there, and canceled the Target order, which was still sitting at "release date TBD". Three Tiger/Pythons in the hand are worth three in the pre-order bush...or something...look, I never said I was good at metaphor.

IMG_1457.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

On 12/19/2022 at 7:59 AM, F For Fake said:

This also showed up this weekend. I'd gone out for an annual Christmas dinner with a couple of old friends, and got home around 10pm. My wife was waiting at the door, all excited, to tell me that Santa had dropped something off while I was out. Couldn't believe my eyes! She'd been sneaky, having it shipped to her folks, the in-laws had dropped it off while I was out. She wanted me to get it Friday so it would be ready for our big Christmas party on Saturday, which meant I was up until 1am putting it together! But it's well worth it, lots of fun. Really love it. I can see how these things would be addictive, but space will limit me from getting many more.

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

YEEEEES!!! :whee: She did great :) If I'm following hope its a hit at any party! :banana: 

Spoiler

the one I put together, I almost got it done myself, but sometimes an extra viewpoint is helpful and to lift it :cheers:

I'm impressed that you got it done! And then a couple hours sleep, hm 

Awesome :shy: