• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,336 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2023 at 12:10 AM, Cat said:

Next up Is Tranformers Newage Mirage, he's  a third party figure in Core Class scale, for those not in the know. A wonderful little figure, Newage Mirage is a thing of beauty. The transformation is really fun and intuitive, and is actually my favourite of Newage's so far, and my favourite transformation in general in a long time, it's that good imo. His shoulder launcher is built-in to the transformation, which is pretty amazing, you just change the rocket size depending on mode. Really fun little bot, and I highly recommend him for those looking to expand their Core selection. If you'd rather a toon-accurate deco and head, that's available, I'd just prefer the toy look, so that's the one I chose to go with. In the final pic he's next to Hasbro's Core Starscream so you can get an idea of scale. IMG_0509.thumb.jpg.cf1a40dc6bd5da2370c3570678659ff1.jpgIMG_0505.thumb.jpg.17fae93d65bfc4d9b9e8bbf290f96f25.jpgIMG_0514.thumb.jpg.e95da6a09b663bc0585d00f08460fac6.jpgIMG_0515.thumb.jpg.f777cfe241595f318ef19ce738319024.jpg

Wow, that Core Mirage is sweeeeet. I don't stray TOO far into 3P land, as that seems like a good way to go broke fast, but there are some really cool bots out there for sure. I have a soft spot for Mirage, he was my very first Transformers waaaay back in the day, when the toys first hit shelves.

It seems that the more I whine about distribution, the more Hasbro wants to prove just how wrong I can be.  I just saw Tiger Force Recondo, Tiger Force Duke with the RAM, and the Python Patrol Cobra figures at Target. (shrug)

Maybe I should start whining to the universe that my local comic store doesn't have any Hulk 181s in its dollar bins...  :whistle:

Edited by Gonzimodo

On 2/7/2023 at 11:56 AM, Gonzimodo said:

It seems that the more I whine about distribution, the more Hasbro wants to prove just how wrong I can be.  I just saw Tiger Force Recondo, Tiger Force Duke with the RAM, and the Python Patrol Cobra figures at Target. (shrug)

Maybe I should start whining to the universe that my local comic store doesn't have any Hulk 181s in its dollar bins...  :whistle:

Yeah, it's odd, after there being a desert of new Joe product, the most recent TF/PP stuff is shelf-warming at every Target I go to. Even the PP Officer, who you can't seem to find on Target's website, is readily available in the store, as well as the TF Ram. I'm not complaining, I'm happy to see anything other than Snake Eyes Origins figures choking the pegs.

On 2/7/2023 at 12:08 PM, F For Fake said:

Yeah, it's odd, after there being a desert of new Joe product, the most recent TF/PP stuff is shelf-warming at every Target I go to. Even the PP Officer, who you can't seem to find on Target's website, is readily available in the store, as well as the TF Ram. I'm not complaining, I'm happy to see anything other than Snake Eyes Origins figures choking the pegs.

Oh, don't worry, there were still plenty of Snake Eyes Origins figures there!  The weird thing is that they already had a "15% off clearance" sticker on the peg for the PP BAT and a "30% off clearance" sticker on peg for the PP officer.  (shrug)

Moon Knight figure arrived today.  Was surprised since I thought this was coming in June.  New non plastic packaging unlike the first release of this figure and one of the figures I said I was shocked we where getting in retail.  :)

I haven't decided if I am going to open this one since its the first figure I have gotten without non plastic display plus I have a 2003 Moon Knight on my display.

moonknight2023.jpg

Snarl !

Studio Series 86 November release - no info on preorder which means if you find him, then it will be $59.99 at target or $295.36 on eBay

72D80F3E-DB73-4CAE-94C3-C6332D6B9253.jpeg

F55349B9-ADA1-4677-B5E5-6DC57433C208.jpeg

95C1E272-8A7E-4E1B-968A-1162444CD391.jpeg

A9990D24-AF84-48CE-8223-CF6AC010AA65.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

Masterpiece Trailbreaker is in stock at BBTS. I got charged for mine this morning (really inconvenient timing, if I'm honest). One more classic 'Bot down. 

On 2/8/2023 at 8:00 PM, Cat said:

Masterpiece Trailbreaker is in stock at BBTS. I got charged for mine this morning (really inconvenient timing, if I'm honest). One more classic 'Bot down. 

I've stayed away from MP stuff over the years due to cost, but the reviews and pics of Trailbreaker have just about broken my resolve. Jetfire put me over the edge, ultimately. That thing is too cool. But yeah, I think I'll get Trailbreaker eventually, looks like a great release.

On 1/18/2023 at 4:52 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Does anyone have a cool Indiana Jones display that they can share?

Bumping the above.

Also, if anyone can suggest large format (>9") figures for Keanu Reeves (Neo in the Matrix, or as John Wick), and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox. TYIA!

Edited by MultiSig Mike

On 2/9/2023 at 11:47 PM, F For Fake said:

I've stayed away from MP stuff over the years due to cost, but the reviews and pics of Trailbreaker have just about broken my resolve. Jetfire put me over the edge, ultimately. That thing is too cool. But yeah, I think I'll get Trailbreaker eventually, looks like a great release.

He does look really good, which is saying something because he's not exactly the most exciting Autobot. 

My favourite Masterpiece is still Prowl though. It's such a thing of beauty, and a perfect blend of toy and cartoon accurate. I wish we were still getting the Hasui style. 

Trying this built it yourself disney dollhouse for the girls of my beloved.those girls need to learn to take care of their things hope this project will help them to apreciate , be careful and taking care of their toys.the details on miniatures are awesome!

20230126_155220.jpg

20230126_155230.jpg

20230209_170503.jpg

On 2/9/2023 at 3:58 PM, Cat said:

He does look really good, which is saying something because he's not exactly the most exciting Autobot. 

My favourite Masterpiece is still Prowl though. It's such a thing of beauty, and a perfect blend of toy and cartoon accurate. I wish we were still getting the Hasui style. 

That is one I need to go back and get for sure. Prowl was my second Transformer, and has a big place in my heart for sure.

On 2/9/2023 at 5:17 PM, Namtak said:

Trying this built it yourself disney dollhouse for the girls of my beloved.those girls need to learn to take care of their things hope this project will help them to apreciate , be careful and taking care of their toys.the details on miniatures are awesome!

20230126_155220.jpg

20230126_155230.jpg

20230209_170503.jpg

Is this similar to the Alien that you're building, in that it will come out in parts over time along with a magazine?

On 2/10/2023 at 9:47 AM, F For Fake said:

That is one I need to go back and get for sure. Prowl was my second Transformer, and has a big place in my heart for sure.

He's a beautiful MP, I'm probably a bit biased because he's my favourite character, but it's genuinely such a nice figure in both modes. Just make sure you get the shoulder launchers, I reckon he looks so much better with them. Easiest way to get them is to get the + version, as it comes with a pair of them. I got a heap off eBay when they were released back as an Amazon JP exclusive for the original release, because I got 3 copies of it (then 1 of the +), so I got 3 launchers. Then I just bought 3 more. I think I paid about $6 each shipped per launcher and rocket. 

You can't go wrong with that figure. It's perfect. Literally what a Masterpiece should be aiming to be. 

Some little progress on the alien project now there is LED lights in the skull,so when the final head piece is put on we will see the details of inside the head like in the movie.but that final dôme head piece is in one of the last magazine:taptaptap:.anyway dorry for badforctures but it gives an idea,the head piece should be dark so the light will be minimalized and finished the first hand,got a few touch up yo do there too ,all nails of the alien in fact so ill wait until much later.thats all folks:bigsmile:

20230210_055520.jpg

20230210_055540.jpg

20230210_055903.jpg

20230210_055920.jpg

20230210_055937.jpg

On 2/10/2023 at 5:11 AM, Namtak said:

Some little progress on the alien project now there is LED lights in the skull,so when the final head piece is put on we will see the details of inside the head like in the movie.but that final dôme head piece is in one of the last magazine:taptaptap:.anyway dorry for badforctures but it gives an idea,the head piece should be dark so the light will be minimalized and finished the first hand,got a few touch up yo do there too ,all nails of the alien in fact so ill wait until much later.thats all folks:bigsmile:

20230210_055520.jpg

20230210_055540.jpg

20230210_055903.jpg

20230210_055920.jpg

20230210_055937.jpg

some Paint Success!

On 2/9/2023 at 6:47 PM, F For Fake said:

Prowl was my first Autobot!  That first year for Christmas (1984?), I got Prowl, Thrust, and Soundwave.  I have no idea why I got them, because I didn't ask for them (and probably didn't even know they existed).  My mom must have thought they were neat, or my older brother may have told her to get them for me so he could play with them, since he was clearly "too old for toys" at the time.  :whistle: Naturally, Prowl's front windshield piece busted off within the first couple days of me having him.  doh!

I eventually traded Soundwave with one of my friends for a 12" Boba Fett, which I still have.  I may have also traded Thrust at the time, because I don't remember what happened to him.  I do know I received Sunstreaker in the deal, because I was way into Lamborghinis at the time, and I still have him on my shelf.

Alas, I'm not entirely sure what happened to good ol' Prowl.  I'm pretty sure I superglued his windshield back on numerous times, so I probably just gave up at some point and threw him out. :(

After those initial three, I never got any more Transformers, aside from that Sunstreaker.  I was just more focused on GI Joe at the time.  I watched the cartoon and collected the action cards (which are great!), but I just wasn't into the toys.

On 2/9/2023 at 4:32 PM, Cat said:

He's a beautiful MP, I'm probably a bit biased because he's my favourite character, but it's genuinely such a nice figure in both modes. Just make sure you get the shoulder launchers, I reckon he looks so much better with them. Easiest way to get them is to get the + version, as it comes with a pair of them. I got a heap off eBay when they were released back as an Amazon JP exclusive for the original release, because I got 3 copies of it (then 1 of the +), so I got 3 launchers. Then I just bought 3 more. I think I paid about $6 each shipped per launcher and rocket. 

You can't go wrong with that figure. It's perfect. Literally what a Masterpiece should be aiming to be. 

I'm wondering if you guys know of a website or YouTube videos on how to transform these MP Transforners from robot mode to their alt modes? In every video I've seen on YouTube, they always show how to transform to robot mode and never back to their vehicle mode. I'm asking because I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to transform Ironhide back to his van mode. I tried watching these videos in reverse order but it is not helping. Oh and the manual in Japanese text is not helping either. Thanks!