• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,323 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2023 at 4:18 AM, Dark Knight said:

I'm wondering if you guys know of a website or YouTube videos on how to transform these MP Transforners from robot mode to their alt modes? In every video I've seen on YouTube, they always show how to transform to robot mode and never back to their vehicle mode. I'm asking because I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to transform Ironhide back to his van mode. I tried watching these videos in reverse order but it is not helping. Oh and the manual in Japanese text is not helping either. Thanks!

I don't, I'm sorry. I only ever transform them once, from vehicle to robot then put them on display, so I've never had this problem. I did a quick google and had a look to see if I could find anyone doing a robot-to-van transformation, and I couldn't find anything, sorry. 

On 2/10/2023 at 11:06 PM, Cat said:

I don't, I'm sorry. I only ever transform them once, from vehicle to robot then put them on display, so I've never had this problem. I did a quick google and had a look to see if I could find anyone doing a robot-to-van transformation, and I couldn't find anything, sorry. 

Thanks for the response back and for looking. Yeah it's frustrating that there are no sources on how to transform back to van mode :pullhair:.

I guess ill try again and figure it out. i just dont wanna break anything.

On 2/12/2023 at 4:39 AM, Dark Knight said:

Thanks for the response back and for looking. Yeah it's frustrating that there are no sources on how to transform back to van mode :pullhair:.

On the bright side it's not known for having any delicate breakage areas, so that's in your favour. I'd just be careful that I didn't put too much pressure on the windshield and accidentally crack it. Otherwise you should be fine. 

Good luck with it! 

Today's addition to my collection is Newage Core scale Prowl, the EX toy deco edition. Second time I've paid for this, I got ripped off the first time on my preorder for it. Never again. 

20230213_093403.thumb.jpg.314fddef54fce8603af3fdf63d8df542.jpg

On 2/13/2023 at 12:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome fun loving. :)

And after I'd taken them all out, got them ready for the photo, put them all away, a really late package arrived, with three more Legends scaled bots. Very frustrating. Magic Square Ratchet and Newage Brawn and Outback. I'll open them up tomorrow. Ratchet is in a very large box for his size though. Odd. 

On 2/13/2023 at 6:44 AM, Cat said:

And after I'd taken them all out, got them ready for the photo, put them all away, a really late package arrived, with three more Legends scaled bots. Very frustrating. Magic Square Ratchet and Newage Brawn and Outback. I'll open them up tomorrow. Ratchet is in a very large box for his size though. Odd. 

Where in lied the frustration? sounds like patience, but double checking :) 

On 2/13/2023 at 7:05 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 2/13/2023 at 6:44 AM, Cat said:

Where in lied the frustration? sounds like patience, but double checking :) 

oh the over sized box? Hope it didn't cost in shipping eek :eek: 

On 2/10/2023 at 1:18 PM, Dark Knight said:

I'm wondering if you guys know of a website or YouTube videos on how to transform these MP Transforners from robot mode to their alt modes? In every video I've seen on YouTube, they always show how to transform to robot mode and never back to their vehicle mode. I'm asking because I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to transform Ironhide back to his van mode. I tried watching these videos in reverse order but it is not helping. Oh and the manual in Japanese text is not helping either. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm sorry I'm not any help either! I have only had a couple of MP's, so don't have much experience with them. I DO have to watch Youtube videos to transform my Transformers, because I get lost in the paper instructions very easily. To that end I usually watch Just Transform It videos from Emgo

https://www.youtube.com/@emgo316

Also sometimes Prime vs Prime

https://www.youtube.com/@PrimeVsPrime

I feel like at least one of them shows the process going back and forth, but whether or not they have covered any of the pieces you need help with, I can't say. Sorry, hope you find what you're looking for! If not, you may try the forums over at TFW2005.com for advice. They can be a little...snippy...sometimes, but they have a great wealth of information. Not unlike the boardies here!

On 2/13/2023 at 11:49 AM, F For Fake said:

They can be a little...snippy...sometimes, but they have a great wealth of information. Not unlike the boardies here!

Always interesting joining a new forum.   When I first got my Jeep, I had a question about the removal of the hardtop.   I just made my username ‘newbsauce’, which helped keep the snark at bay.  

On 2/13/2023 at 12:27 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Always interesting joining a new forum.   When I first got my Jeep, I had a question about the removal of the hardtop.   I just made my username ‘newbsauce’, which helped keep the snark at bay.  

It is best to diffuse that situation early on, for sure.

The bluray.com forums are an interesting analog to the CGC boards. You think comic buffs are persnickety? Home theater freaks, they're a different breed. Also, they don't have a swear filter, AND they seem to all hate each other. It's pretty hilarious, as well as informative!

On 2/11/2023 at 10:39 AM, Dark Knight said:

Brian, 

If you have an iPhone, take a picture.  Highlight the text, and choose translate.  Learned this from a long time friend, who graduated from Harvard and drives around in a Lamborghini.878589D6-1615-4711-85B4-68A4E06C7696.thumb.png.bdd2741eeb0662d2667ceb633c51c835.png

On 2/13/2023 at 1:31 PM, BitterOldMan said:

Brian, 

If you have an iPhone, take a picture.  Highlight the text, and choose translate.  Learned this from a long time friend, who graduated from Harvard and drives around in a Lamborghini.878589D6-1615-4711-85B4-68A4E06C7696.thumb.png.bdd2741eeb0662d2667ceb633c51c835.png

How did you highlight the text on the pic you took?

Picked up some new Mafex figures--Dark Knight Returns Superman, Arnold from the first Terminator film, MCU Loki from Infinity War, and Homelander from "The Boys."  All are absolutely excellent with one exception--Loki's arms come off too easily while posing.  Pretty trivial to deal with that though by pushing slightly towards his shoulder while moving the arms.

I was most looking forward to Loki and Homelander, but DKR Superman surprised me and is by far my favorite of the four.  I haven't liked the style of Superman as drawn by Klaus Janson and Frank Miller, but it has really grown on me in figure form.  I absolutely love the ridiculously beefy version, and he looks good in almost any pose you put him in.  They really killed it with that figure.  (worship)  He's been out for months and I've been passing on him, but he'll probably be sold out in a month or two and with Mafex it's REALLY easy to regret not getting something during the short windows they're usually available, so I played it safe and bought him so I didn't regret it later.  Very glad I did since he's absolutely superb.  :cloud9:

Homelander is REALLY good.  The head sculpts look really close to the actor, and almost everything on the figure is perfect.  Two small gripes--the eagle shoulder pads come off fairly easily, and he's a bit overscaled as if he's 6' 3" when the actor Anthony Starr is 5' 11".  As a result the figure is taller than both the 6' 1" Tom Hiddleston and the 6' 2" Arnold Schwarzenegger figures I got at the same time.

AMWts8CePiH49Db6E8yXKCB1aKRjNAT7ercdU6WI

Edited by fantastic_four

On 2/13/2023 at 10:31 AM, BitterOldMan said:

Brian, 

Unfortunately I don't have an IPhone. I'm an Android Samsung Galaxy guy lol. I'll check to see if I have that option on my phone. Thanks Ray for the suggestion! 

I'll scour the TF2002 boards and see if I can find something on there with any info. See ya soon buddy!

On 2/13/2023 at 11:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

oh the over sized box? Hope it didn't cost in shipping eek :eek: 

It was purchased with ShowZ, who only charge about $3AU for shipping anyway, so the amount was negligible. It's just a surprisingly big box for a Legends scale figure. 

Magic Square Ratchet is a nice figure, it's just got too much height. It's taller than Sideswipe. It comes with 3 accessories in the pack, a jet pack, gun, and the cannon thing in his old toy's medbay. He also comes with a little baggie chock full of accessories. Extra hands, assorted guns of all different sizes, an extra swappable face, wrenches and tools, he's got a LOT of stuff. But he's just too big.

Brawn is perfect, and technically Outback is as well, it's just that he's Outback, and no one cares about Outback. 

IMG_1364.jpg.67e24166c2ae5eba6c12452a9c16024d.jpg