• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2023 at 7:54 PM, Cat said:

Brawn is perfect, and technically Outback is as well, it's just that he's Outback, and no one cares about Outback. 

How could you say that about your homeboy? As far as I can recall, he's the only explicitly Australian robot in TF canon! I assumed you guys had statues of him all around the place, similar to the ones I assume you've had made of Paul Hogan!

On 2/14/2023 at 10:13 AM, F For Fake said:

How could you say that about your homeboy? As far as I can recall, he's the only explicitly Australian robot in TF canon! I assumed you guys had statues of him all around the place, similar to the ones I assume you've had made of Paul Hogan!

Nah, we only have statues of this guy

On 2/14/2023 at 10:22 AM, Dave2739 said:

Nah, we only have statues of this guy

Oh man, Jacko. Talk about 15 minutes of fame. He shone far too brightly in that short time span. Glad I was there to see it? I guess? 

On 2/14/2023 at 10:25 AM, Dave2739 said:

Our lives have been enriched? 

I was actually trying to explain Jacko to my wife once, and found that it was kind of impossible. "He was this...loud Australian guy...a football player...and somehow he turned loudness into a career where he shouted about batteries and was also on this show I watched called The Highwayman. Look, it was the 80's, you had to be there."

On 2/14/2023 at 10:28 AM, F For Fake said:

I was actually trying to explain Jacko to my wife once, and found that it was kind of impossible. "He was this...loud Australian guy...a football player...and somehow he turned loudness into a career where he shouted about batteries and was also on this show I watched called The Highwayman. Look, it was the 80's, you had to be there."

Don't forget out this highly-representative individual from Australia. An everyman, if you will. He had a career for about 4 minutes.

Bennett-Commando-Vernon-Wells-b.jpg

On 2/14/2023 at 12:50 PM, Dave2739 said:

Don't forget out this highly-representative individual from Australia. An everyman, if you will. He had a career for about 4 minutes.

Bennett-Commando-Vernon-Wells-b.jpg

You know, Vernon Wells has been at a few (or at least a couple) of cons that I was attending, and each time I thought "You know, you should meet Vernon Wells." The Road Warrior is one of my favorite movies, and Commando is my FAVORITE Arnold movie. Wells is such an odd choice for "big villain" in that movie, wearing chainmail over a doughy physique, not particularly threatening or physically intimidating, and yet, he's a "level boss." I should go say hi one day! I'll tell him Dave sent me!

On 2/14/2023 at 1:15 PM, F For Fake said:

You know, Vernon Wells has been at a few (or at least a couple) of cons that I was attending, and each time I thought "You know, you should meet Vernon Wells." The Road Warrior is one of my favorite movies, and Commando is my FAVORITE Arnold movie. Wells is such an odd choice for "big villain" in that movie, wearing chainmail over a doughy physique, not particularly threatening or physically intimidating, and yet, he's a "level boss." I should go say hi one day! I'll tell him Dave sent me!

ha! Yeah, please send him my regards! And yes, even as a kid I thought "Chubby dude doesn't stand a chance. Arnold's gonna kick his !"

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Dave2739

On 2/14/2023 at 2:05 PM, Gonzimodo said:

Let off some steam! (thumbsu

The first time I saw that movie, I kept wondering if it was Freddie Mercury.  I was... not a smart kid...  :insane:

To be fair, it's a fairly Freddie-ish look, the close cropped dark hair and big stache. Don't be too hard on your younger self!

So as mentioned before was disappointed that the wave 2 of classic turtles was a target exclusive USA only but seems that gamestop.ca is slowly getting some of this stuff.  Its strange but happy Canada getting some love for some of these figures finally.

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/904646/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredder

Got myself a preorder of Shredder :).  

I am hoping they release Splinter, Foot Soldier, Rock Steady, Bebop and April O'Neil.  Would like to have the full 1988 wave in these new classics.

I forget if I posted this... if not...

Leaked images of the classic Indiana Jones sets that they are releasing with one from each film as of now.  I definitely like the Well of Souls better than the original version from around fifteen years ago. 

329025815_579559257362470_2474440282416452917_n.jpg.7030e9b3b9987f8f02981d996cfe6eb6.jpg

328980622_487794370218123_5364521855719647617_n.jpg.483c359810950d677e61757e19ca61da.jpg

329106376_1284544639070475_3562829105482561640_n.jpg.c9671b7c65f390f5a6d3a4b3f890b551.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

Saw an article for inappropriate toys. 

https://www.grunge.com/178930/the-most-bizarre-toys-from-the-past-decade/

OMG.... this is a real toy... however, 

What Does Marsellus Wallace Look Like?

Proof that this is a real toy, with... complicated packing... 

Currently out of stock on Walmart.com but still can be found on eBay.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hog-Wild-Squeeze-Popper-Huggables-Penguin-Plush/987898415?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=6546

huggablepopper.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 2/21/2023 at 5:52 PM, Buzzetta said:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hog-Wild-Squeeze-Popper-Huggables-Penguin-Plush/987898415?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=6546

huggablepopper.jpg

Step aside, Butch!

On 2/22/2023 at 8:52 AM, Buzzetta said:

huggablepopper.jpg

"Mummy why did the bear ask me for a safe word?"