• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,325 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2023 at 1:33 PM, Gonzimodo said:

The new GI Joe Classified figures just came up for preorder on Hasbro Pulse, and they all look really good!  My wallet just took a beating...

That Scrap Iron looks particularly cool, I think.

In the long history of Godzilla movies, some were epic, many mediocre, and some truly horrible.

During the 1971 Godzilla vs Hedorah ( Smog Monster), Godzilla flew for the first and only time.

842A3A81-8A96-4DFA-B276-42EF20C81BC7.jpeg.834e093792a47ca3c65e360bcfb63d79.jpeg

I have been looking for a flying Godzilla and finally found one from 2003.

7FF60859-F9EA-4A47-B09E-ECAE8AFC94C0.thumb.jpeg.705a9d05344da682d59e3344e4e8b63e.jpeg

Now I am looking for the flying kick Godzilla from Godzilla vs Megalon.

285AB88F-54FF-45DF-BFE9-D0754BF0AF91.webp.29705fc6a2c9cdf3bc01d26776317117.webp

My close friend told me that the only taste I had was in my mouth, and even that was bad.🤢

On 3/8/2023 at 12:33 PM, Gonzimodo said:

The new GI Joe Classified figures just came up for preorder on Hasbro Pulse, and they all look really good!  My wallet just took a beating...

Agreed, they all do look really good.  I especially love the Copperhead, as he is one of my favs from my childhood.  

On 3/8/2023 at 1:33 PM, Gonzimodo said:

I went ahead and ordered Snow Job and the female Cobra trooper pack, since they were exclusives. I'm sure I'll pick up the others at some point, but didn't bother pre-ordering since they should be pretty easy to find. Too much money tied up in Transformers sales and other nonsense right now!

On 3/15/2023 at 1:56 PM, mr_highgrade said:
On 3/15/2023 at 1:15 PM, Cat said:

Everyone see the new Catwoman figure? She's certainly.... unique...

8ktnameojqna1.jpg.7c64a334c5fdb2fc356d3a0299e71d8b.jpg

Expand  

She's packing heat. :blush:

1970s-style unkempt heat.  :cloud9:

Anyone pick anything up in the Hasbro Warehouse sale? 

Broke down and picked up the Duke Cobra Commander O Ring Figures and the Cobra Soldier and Officer for home and I bought Blaster and Eject who will be sitting around at work. 

On 3/16/2023 at 3:27 PM, Buzzetta said:

Broke down and picked up the Duke Cobra Commander O Ring Figures and the Cobra Soldier and Officer for home and I bought Blaster and Eject who will be sitting around at work. 

I got the SW new hope vintage set.  2 of them, 1 to open 1 to display.

On 3/16/2023 at 3:27 PM, Buzzetta said:

Today was payday, so I placed a fairly large (for me) order, around 16 Transformers. Getting caught up on a lot of things I'd been slow to grab, like a few Shattered Glass bots (Ultra Magnus, Soundwave, Blaster), a bunch of SS Bumblebee bots (Ironhide, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Arcee, Soundwave), that Orion Pax/Alpha Trion convention pack from last year, and oddly enough, several recent Legacy releases (Needlenose, Scraphook, Crankcase, etc) that haven't even shown up on shelves around here . Why spend time driving to various Targets looking for the latest wave when I can grab them on Pulse for $16 a pop? Ended up spending around $330 for $500 worth of stuff, shipped directly to my door. I can live with that.

I'm thinking about placing a second order to grab those exact o-ring sets you mentioned, plus the Transformers/GI Joe crossover HISS and AWE Strikers, as that may finally be a decent price for them. Haven't decided yet. 

Picked up Playmates Classic Shredder today :).  Also on Amazon Canada yesterday they listed new preorders so I preordered Bebop, Rocksteady and Splinter.  They had Krang but he wasn't part of the 88 set so I didn't grab him.  Now I just need a Foot Soldier which I was surprised wasn't listed since it was part of same set and hoping they release an April O'Neil in the next wave so that I have a full set of '88 in the classic Playmates series.  I have not seen any of these available on store shelves up here in Canada and seems they only trickle in as online preorder items only.

shredderclassic.jpg

There is NOTHING like receiving the Spider-man and Spinneret set @fantastic_four in the mail only to receive someone else's return that contained light knock off Spider-man and Jocasta.   My Hasbro order was cancelled so I found it on Amazon.  Just got on the phone and am getting a return.  In the immortal words of Jim Cornette @jaybuck43, "Thank you, Truck You, Goodbye".

Insanity.   Off to Whole Foods... 

It was going to be the only comic booky thing placed in what Jay has nicknamed, "The Nantucket Office"

Last time I buy something like this from this division of Amazon. 

Edit:  I did NOT rip into this package like an animal.  This is how it came. 

IMG_3944.JPG

Edited by Buzzetta

On 3/17/2023 at 4:56 PM, Buzzetta said:

There is NOTHING like receiving the Spider-man and Spinneret set @fantastic_four in the mail only to receive someone else's return that contained light knock off Spider-man and Jocasta.   My Hasbro order was cancelled so I found it on Amazon.  Just got on the phone and am getting a return.  In the immortal words of Jim Cornette @jaybuck43, "Thank you, Truck You, Goodbye".

Insanity.   Off to Whole Foods... 

It was going to be the only comic booky thing placed in what Jay has nicknamed, "The Nantucket Office"

Last time I buy something like this from this division of Amazon. 

Edit:  I did NOT rip into this package like an animal.  This is how it came. 

IMG_3944.JPG

Did it say it was refurbished in the Amazon listing?  If so, then yep, don't do that again.  I've never even considered that online whether the packaging had windows or not, which I only mention because a ton of collectors are assuming that the windowless packaging is the reason this is happening.  I don't see that it is because the average employee at Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc has no idea if the figures are the correct ones on returns.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:12 PM, fantastic_four said:

Did it say it was refurbished in the Amazon listing?  If so, then yep, don't do that again.  I've never even considered that online whether the packaging had windows or not, which I only mention because a ton of collectors are assuming that the windowless packaging is the reason this is happening.  I don't see that it is because the average employee at Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc has no idea if the figures are the correct ones on returns.

I inadvertently did when I ordered on my phone.  I saw buying options not add to basket.  They took the return and I called to let them know of the swap.  I hope whoever swapped them gets hit by a truck.  Not cool. 

Hasbro was sold out so I ordered a new copy from eBay.  Aside from the AF15 Spider-Man these will probably be the only marvel legends I pick up. 

I'm buying one 1:18 scale line in the Jurassic World Hammond Collection, and all of the faces on those look like crud much like Duke does.  Can anyone do faces well in that tiny scale?