• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

One day the Defiant will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Patrick

I would rather have the Flagg.

Interesting thread on Hisstank that I cannot find. Would you rather own the Flagg or the Defiant. There was one point that was brought up about the Flagg that not many people realize. You REALLY need a LOT of space to devote to the Flagg to keep a Flagg set up.

These vehicles were huge back then and they don't and probably will never make them like this again.

Patrick

Interesting thread on Hisstank that I cannot find. Would you rather own the Flagg or the Defiant. There was one point that was brought up about the Flagg that not many people realize. You REALLY need a LOT of space to devote to the Flagg to keep a Flagg set up.

These vehicles were huge back then and they don't and probably will never make them like this again.

Yeah its big and I would just display it in the box. Some of the best part of GI Joe and Star Wars is the box art.

Patrick

Yeah its big and I would just display it in the box. Some of the best part of GI Joe and Star Wars is the box art.

I agree with the box art.

What a friggin Christmas present that would have been! Huge.

I had the opportunity to buy the Defiant with the box about 10 years ago. So dumb that I didn't. Oh well, not the 1st thing I didn't buy that I should have.

Patrick

I'm actually a little bummed that my Defiant didn't still have the box or else I would have gotten more for it. I always wanted the Flagg. I still kinda do even after selling off my Joes. (I kept 2 things. The HAL cannon & V3 Sgt Slaughter. Or whichever one it was that he wore the blue shirt & sunglasses)

But the Defiant was always something amazing. And that it was only the price of a Nintendo circa 1987-ish when it came out? Can you imagine someone making, much less selling a toy of those proportions these days? . I'm kinda missing it a little already, even tho it was in storage for the past 25 years. Just something about knowing it was there was awesome.

I'm actually a little bummed that my Defiant didn't still have the box or else I would have gotten more for it. I always wanted the Flagg. I still kinda do even after selling off my Joes. (I kept 2 things. The HAL cannon & V3 Sgt Slaughter. Or whichever one it was that he wore the blue shirt & sunglasses)

But the Defiant was always something amazing. And that it was only the price of a Nintendo circa 1987-ish when it came out? Can you imagine someone making, much less selling a toy of those proportions these days? . I'm kinda missing it a little already, even tho it was in storage for the past 25 years. Just something about knowing it was there was awesome.

Give it a few years, you'll be buying it back. :roflmao:

I don't think I will. I sold because I don't have enough space for it & I don't see myself suddenly finding a whole 2nd room to take over with my nerd stuff. I already have a whole room dedicated to comics & whatnot & can't find the room to set up my Genesis & other old game consoles there, much less the Defiant. Plus, I don't think I'd have ever done anything with them anyway. I'm just past that phase. 20-some years & they've sat & I didn't care. I got a short shot of nostalgia digging them out but they aren't really my bag anymore. I haven't been much of a toy guy since I was a kid. I just still had them all & the novelty was fun. Best case? They would have gotten set up on a table or 3 in some room & just kinda looked at from time to time & been another thing to dust. lol!

I would much rather have a Flagg personally but I don't collect or really know about joes. What does a Flagg in box go for these days? What about unopened? I remember a sealed one going 17k years ago

While not exactly part of my plastic crack collection... I did buy a wooden train.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201621493048?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is from the 1950's and one of the wooden toys that Lego was making at the time.

s-l500.jpg

s-l500-1.jpg

Still... waiting.

Item purchased 7/18 paid for 7/20 (was hoping to win another item from seller as well)

Paypal payment went through

eBay did not update their system or something so eBay says it didn't according to the seller.

I ask seller last night if he sent it out after payment confusion cleared up.

He says package was returned to him.

He says he will send it back out again.

My Cousin is selling the family house and I went through the toys to help him sell them because

he was going to just have a yard sale!! All ready sold a few original 1968 Redline Hot Wheels and

was surprised at the prices those brought!! Was super excited to find these in the mix! Herman & Lurch!

I'm keeping these two!!

IMG_2155_zpsvsr2jzih.jpg

IMG_2156_zpsai0ltqxw.jpg

Looks like we will be getting a Masterpiece Megatron after all sometime in 2017. And yes, he will be a gun. :cool:

hm

That is good news indeed.

1959 Barbie #1

IMG_2786_zpszebnok1f.jpg

Notice the holes in her feet. They are unique to the first production model and obsolete by the following year. The stand is also unique to just this doll and it's rare. Unfortunately mine is missing.

IMG_2787_zpsslulbqcx.jpg

So other than the missing stand, she's pretty much complete here. There may be an insert missing too.

IMG_2788_zpsga0dtjzl.jpg