• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS Appreciation Thread

1,099 posts in this topic

What are the pedigrees of your terrific books, Trevor?

sorry for the late response but i didn't notice the last part of you post, until just now (after it was bumped).

anyway, the #80 is a curator and the #98 is a western penn.

Note that, admittedly, both the 97 and 98 don't have 4 razor corners, which I would think is a requisite for a 9.6, but they have amazing qualities (perfect registration, newstand gloss, unread appearance, etc.) that make up for it and in my opinion deserved of the lofty grade. Or maybe I'm biased and it's a pedigree bump. confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyway, I switched photobucket accounts and my old images no longer appear, so here is the 98 again...

TOS-98_edited.jpg

It looks like a tape pull, but I have no clue why anyonw would put put tape near that comic (in a horizontal direction).

I dont think it is a tape pull, but it could just as easily be. All of the color is not missing from the area.

ToS91 Oakland 9.2

That's nice looking ToS's!!

Looking around it seems to me that guys are still sitting on a bundle of peds that aren't slabbed. Oakland in particular seems to of been spread far and wide with no one in a real hurry to slab them off.

Which given cost and the fact that not everyone is in a selling mind, it's just intersting to know. As I just assumed they were all in and accounted for, live and learn.

I havent slabbed any of the ToS pedigrees beacuse from a cost/grade return angle, I just dont see why spend the money.

Plus, they are part of my long term collection (well the ToS 96' life with me is waning) so Im not in any hurry to slab them.