• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS Appreciation Thread

1,099 posts in this topic

Looks sweet, Bob. What do you grade it? 893applaud-thumb.gif

Finally bought a copy of this book, with its gorgeous purple cover and the first appearance of that sexy Russian siren, the Black Widow:

TOS52.jpg

Sold as a NM- by a dealer who didn't attend grading college (grin.gif), but I think it's closer to VF/NM. This one formerly belong to you, Scott?

Sold as a NM- by a dealer who didn't attend grading college (grin.gif), but I think it's closer to VF/NM. This one formerly belong to you, Scott?

No, but I know which one you're talking about - the one CGC wouldn't grade due to overhang. I saw the scan on Bob's site and thought the same as you -- VF/NM to maybe NM- 9.2. In my experience, CGC can tend to be a bit easy on that book (the CGC 9.4 copy I had was a very soft 9.4), so you might get a 9.2 out of it if you slab it. My guess is that if you submitted it for onsite grading at a convention, they'd slab it for you.

My first post outside of the GA thread! Hope you guys likey! TalesofSuspenseClarity.jpg

cloud9.gif

Now that is what I call a great first SA post!