• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here own a comic store in Canada, or know a webpage for one?

8 posts in this topic

I live in a super rural are where there is no place to buy comics. I rely on Canada post and a store 1200km away. Both SUCK!! I have never seen a store owner that didn't want to make money more then this store owner. I have to beg him to forward me a list of the new comics he has for me, I have a want list with him in which he never finds anything for me (and some of this is basic books).

I am going to have to tell him where to go but I need a new shop first. I prefer a shop who has a website or deals somewhere where I can view them or know something about them. I need a shop in Canada. makepoint.gif

Man I am so frustrated right now, comics shouldn't be so hard to get. I buy about 30 issues off the shelf a month plus back issues and this guy ignores my emails and phone calls. I only want 1 email a week to inform me what he has for me and the price so I can pay.

Any help would be great.

What part of Canada do you live?

My LCS does offer a membership subscription service that gives a discount on all new books. I'm sure that they would be willing to ship the books to you (shipping would be extra). They send out an e-mail every monday informing members which books are coming out on Wednesday and we reply back with an updated want list.

www.paradisecomics.com

paradisecomics@wiznet.ca

Wow, St Anthony, you are really out there. I used to live in St. Johns, well actually in Goulds, just on the outskirts. For the last 6 years I have lived in Houston, Tx. What shop are you talking about, is it Timemasters? I went home last Xmas and TM had moved, they seemed to have gotten rid of a lot of their back issues. The new store doesnt seem as nice as it was when it was down town. But I must agree you are very limited to the amount of comic shops around. All the best in finding a new shop.

I live in a super rural are where there is no place to buy comics. I rely on Canada post and a store 1200km away. Both SUCK!! I have never seen a store owner that didn't want to make money more then this store owner. I have to beg him to forward me a list of the new comics he has for me, I have a want list with him in which he never finds anything for me (and some of this is basic books).

I am going to have to tell him where to go but I need a new shop first. I prefer a shop who has a website or deals somewhere where I can view them or know something about them. I need a shop in Canada. makepoint.gif

Man I am so frustrated right now, comics shouldn't be so hard to get. I buy about 30 issues off the shelf a month plus back issues and this guy ignores my emails and phone calls. I only want 1 email a week to inform me what he has for me and the price so I can pay.

Any help would be great.

We would gladly welcome your business thumbsup2.gif please contact me at paradisecomics@wiznet.ca

or call at 416 487 9807

Thanks

Doug Simpson

Any help would be great.

We would gladly welcome your business thumbsup2.gif please contact me at paradisecomics@wiznet.ca

or call at 416 487 9807

Thanks

Doug Simpson

Does it have to be in Canada? Last I looked, I could ship to Canada from Virginia. Get your new books from Paradise, but I can hook you up with a store here for other stuff.