• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2022 at 4:02 PM, andyborehol said:
On 12/2/2022 at 3:46 PM, Otter1775 said:

Good afternoon. My unicorn is ASM 546, Book Market Variant. I’ve never seen this book ever in person or on the bay for sale:

335FACC8-C4FE-4F3D-B853-1F6545EA30A8.png

Expand  

Interesting. Are you 100% sure that it actually exists? I spent years searching high and low for a 2nd print sketch variant of “Wolverine and Jubilee” #1 after seeing the cover in a few different collecting apps/databases and eventually found out that it was just a fan-made mock-up.

It does exist I found a beat up copy at a Flea market years ago and didn't know what it was at the time. I think I sold for $100 back then. 

On 12/2/2022 at 8:51 PM, fastballspecial said:

It does exist I found a beat up copy at a Flea market years ago and didn't know what it was at the time. I think I sold for $100 back then. 

Fastballspecial, was it a promotional thing at the time? 

On 12/4/2022 at 4:27 PM, Otter1775 said:

Fastballspecial, was it a promotional thing at the time? 

Its a book market variant. There dozens of them all pretty rare for the most part.
It was attempt by Marvel to get libraries among other places to carry trades. Several were books
that were considered classics that would sell better as trades. I never pass one up for sale I dont
care what title it is. Some day they will be like 35 cent variants to modern collectors and in some
cases already are. Exceptional rare in all cases. Ive never seen more then a few copies of any of them.
Some just dont have any demand except for completionists.

On 12/4/2022 at 6:18 PM, fastballspecial said:

Its a book market variant. There dozens of them all pretty rare for the most part.
It was attempt by Marvel to get libraries among other places to carry trades. Several were books
that were considered classics that would sell better as trades. I never pass one up for sale I dont
care what title it is. Some day they will be like 35 cent variants to modern collectors and in some
cases already are. Exceptional rare in all cases. Ive never seen more then a few copies of any of them.
Some just dont have any demand except for completionists.

Is it a regular comic book, or was it in another form, e.g., hard cover format? I’m a completionist. Lol

On 12/5/2022 at 11:25 PM, littledoom said:

My first time owning these

75240569-A603-46F9-8BF7-C6FB9D991528.thumb.jpeg.0fe1a69a963fcd1a7af92ec17f9293ae.jpeg

I saw those in another post of yours, I'd be super happy! I'm not even a big "Joe Fan" per se, but they were all the rage a time ago and I've truly noticed in real time how seldom I see them. I'm sure online is easy enough, but good pick up!

edit, they weren't cheap!!!?!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/6/2022 at 6:48 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I saw those in another post of yours, I'd be super happy! I'm not even a big "Joe Fan" per se, but they were all the rage a time ago and I've truly noticed in real time how seldom I see them. I'm sure online is easy enough, but good pick up!

edit, they weren't cheap!!!?!

Not cheap but not as expensive as the online prices lol. No one sells these cheap. They’re tough to get. The McFarlane angle is big 

Edited by littledoom

On 12/6/2022 at 2:11 PM, littledoom said:

Not cheap but not as expensive as the online prices lol. No one sells these cheap. They’re tough to get. The McFarlane angle is big 

I agree! I would pick up affordable ones too, nice pick ups for sure! I really hardly ever see them lol 

On 12/2/2022 at 5:16 PM, andyborehol said:

Well, to answer my own question I see that this is indeed in the CGC census, although there’s 26 graded copies…super-scarce by Spidey standards. Best of luck finding one!

You want to find a acarce ASM variant? Look up these 1999 price variants, or the Hulk: https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Hulk&publisher=Marvel+Comics&issue=8&year=1999&issuedate=11%2F99

ASM price variants No label.jpg

CGC 008.jpg

CGC 006.jpg

ASM 13 2-29 variant.jpg

I will be hard pressed to beat this find this year and the price.
To be fair it was from a couple of places, but over a period of
two weeks or so. Shops ordered the first issue and they
didn't sell back then so they didn't order anymore was
what I was told. Couple others came from flea market find.

zombies.JPG