• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

Jesus, that Uncanny X Men Annual #14 is the antithesis of this thread, lol. I used to pick these up every time I saw one for under $5, going back to 1999 or so, until I eventually accumulated a dozen or so and noticed it just wasn't a seller. Anytime I see the book priced at anywhere above $15 I shake my head... I remember a few years ago, a LCS had the book up on the wall with a $35 price tag and a sticker saying "1st Gambit". I don't think it moved until a 1/2 off sale many months later, and even then...

Edited by BishopT

G.I. Joe Special 1. Never seen it in the wild or at a convention surprisingly. I blame my geographical location though. It's hard to find any decent back issues in shops near me.

+1 been looking for one for years

btw Ghost in a shell is DEF HTF (addresing your sig line)

Passed up an entire set at a convention about a year ago. Would have probably helped filled that sig line out a little better. Oh well, the hunt continues. :frustrated:

G.I. Joe Special 1. Never seen it in the wild or at a convention surprisingly. I blame my geographical location though. It's hard to find any decent back issues in shops near me.

I had the same problem for years and years.

Out of all places, I found one at the Denver Comic Con in a $1 in a super sharp 9.8. That dealer had the craziest stuff all at $1 like a bunch of older Deadpools.

PURCHASE!!

Patrick

Its funny.. 3 of the books discussed in this thread I found in one batch last month: WW184, Spectre 54 & Static 45.. It was a huge modern collection that was CLEARLY cherry picked as there were no known key issues in the 20 or so boxes offered. But it had TONS of unknown keys such as these, also 3 copies of Akira 35-38, Deathstroke 58-60, Batman Strikes #35-45 (what? you, didnt know about these??) and I cant begin to tell you how many 2nd print variants of big books (Yup including the big one Captain Marvel 17, which is, well, somewhat a better known key hehe)

Pic of Static 45 or it didn't happen. (tsk)

Sorry I gotta see it. I haven't even seen a personal scan of this book ever.

Only website pics.

Show me and all give you this (worship)

I couldn't resist.... :shy:

Static%2045%20personal%20note_zpsknykg0j0.jpg

Wonder Woman 84 (1987)

83 a much better cover while at it.. Modern Bolland Bondage.. how can you go wrong

s_l1600_3.jpg

I already have it and yes, it's probably the best WW cover Bolland did. It's the 84 that's making me rip my hair out

Its funny.. 3 of the books discussed in this thread I found in one batch last month: WW184, Spectre 54 & Static 45.. It was a huge modern collection that was CLEARLY cherry picked as there were no known key issues in the 20 or so boxes offered. But it had TONS of unknown keys such as these, also 3 copies of Akira 35-38, Deathstroke 58-60, Batman Strikes #35-45 (what? you, didnt know about these??) and I cant begin to tell you how many 2nd print variants of big books (Yup including the big one Captain Marvel 17, which is, well, somewhat a better known key hehe)

Only website pics.

This one is impressive

Bravo!

Came here to say this.

I've also been on the lookout for the GI Joe 33 Michael Turner foil variant from DDP and have never seen one in the wild as well. Can't even find a decent image of it online either.

Spectre 54, which was mentioned in the past, is one that I never see.

The 1st full volume of Deadpool is tough to find anywhere anymore. When I do see them at even a reasonable price, I buy them.

Pretty much the one-shot issues from that run are tough. Widdle Wade, the Annuals, Deadpoolica, Baby's 1st, etc.

Patrick

Just picked up a Deadpool 11(AF15 swipe) and Widdle Wade from a guy in CL. Agreed to buy his Hulk 377 hoping it'd be the third print but it's a first printing. It's a newsstand at least.

All for $5

After doing some research on that foil GI Joe 33, I can understand why it's so tough to find.

That's only like the second sample slab I've seen on the boards. Never seen one in person. If I did though, I would pick it up for sure.

Managed to find a first Volume Deadpool 1 at my shop one day. It just turned up in the back issues one day. Made me glad I was so meticulous at checking the same back issue titles every week back then.

Also found a Universe X Spidey in a book store for 4 bucks one day digging through random stuff.

....Also found a Universe X Spidey in a book store for 4 bucks one day digging through random stuff.

Was it the recalled vers?

Yep. Not the best of condition but a fine reader copy none the less.

....Also found a Universe X Spidey in a book store for 4 bucks one day digging through random stuff.

Was it the recalled vers?

Yep. Not the best of condition but a fine reader copy none the less.

Love that recalled comic from all recalls.. Milgrom is such a boss!

Also, as I pointed out early in this thread there are a couple of DC Millennium recalls that are very HTF.. Mad #1 (missing the EC credits in the indicia) and an even tougher one is Jimmy Olsen #1 with the missing Millennium Ed stamp on the cover..

Here's one that I've only seen on a con once. Should've bought it when I had the chance. Seen lots of Evil Ernie #1 and #2 but never this one. (I wasn't going to cons back when this was at the top of the Wizard top 10):

Lady-Death-1-Steven-Hughes-Foil-Variant-310754882111.jpg

Only website pics.

OK this is STUNNING!

I have never been lucky enough to find one at any LCS here in NY or Florida.

I have purchased 3 raw copies on-line over the past 2 years claiming to be NM. Sad to say none were ever as advertised.

There's no way I'm risking another 100.00 unless I see it in person.

LOOKS DISMAL.

Edited by FrankWhite

Only website pics.

OK this is STUNNING!

I have never been lucky enough to find one at any LCS here in NY or Florida.

I have purchased 3 raw copies on-line over the past 2 years claiming to be NM. Sad to say none were ever as advertised.

There's no way I'm risking another 100.00 unless I see it in person.

LOOKS DISMAL.

I remember it was canceled abruptly.

Anybody know estimated print run?

Ballpark???