• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,478 posts in this topic

14a76081-fc4c-4d91-8d70-f8478e309b51.jpg

Super Real vs. The Movie Industry 1

1st Dan Mendoza work (Zombie Tramp)

Never seen this before in wild or internet.

I have this issue with the logo and price but this is some kind of "vigin" cover.

Anybody have any further information on this book or where/how I can get one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-REAL-vs-The-Movie-Industry-issue-1-variant-NM-1st-Dan-Mendoza-ZOMBIE-TRAMP-/222106525013?hash=item33b6949d55:g:xcYAAOSwqrtWpSWD

Excuse me "fastballspecial".

Why did you send me an eBay link to a book I already have and am not looking for?

Did you bother to read my post before replying?? lol

The book I mentioned that I have never physically seen is some sort of "virgin" cover with no price or title.

Maybe some type of ashcan?

Well thanks for replying.

I only ask that the read my comment first.

Sooooooo anyway...

Anybody with any info on the actual book I'm speaking of?

Edited by FrankWhite

I have this issue with the logo and price but this is some kind of "vigin" cover.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-REAL-vs-The-Movie-Industry-issue-1-variant-NM-1st-Dan-Mendoza-ZOMBIE-TRAMP-/222106525013?hash=item33b6949d55:g:xcYAAOSwqrtWpSWD

Why did you send me an eBay link to a book I already have and am not looking for?

The book I mentioned that I have never physically seen is some sort of "virgin" cover with no price or title.

Sooooooo anyway...

I have the answers you're looking for but between your abrasive attitude and chiding other members for mentioning variants in this thread only to then mention a variant yourself I politely decline.

Sooooooo anyway...

giphy.gif

What can anyone tell me about this book

IMG_3689.png

Acclaim Comics had the licenses to re-tell the Classics Illustrated stories (and add more titles, if they liked). Acclaim went bankrupt... so the final books that Acclaim printed just before bankruptcy were cancelled a few times then re-solicited, etc. From the regular comics line, those final books were Shadowman Volume 3 #6, Armorines Volume 2 #4, and Unity 2000 #3. From the Classics Illustrated line, the final book was Frederick Douglass.

Very low print, possibly under 2,000 copies. It has been said that unsold stacks of Classics Illustrated "went missing" from the Acclaim offices during the bankruptcy. The inventory sheets don't match what was found in stock, so someone decided they would just take a few (tens of thousands).

At any rate, the Acclaim Classics Illustrated books are all pretty low print, all were extremely unpopular as collectibles lol , but if you want to watch bargain bins, the Frederick Douglass book is the one to find.

IMG_3689.png

Acclaim Comics had the licenses to re-tell the Classics Illustrated stories (and add more titles, if they liked). Acclaim went bankrupt... so the final books that Acclaim printed just before bankruptcy were cancelled a few times then re-solicited, etc. From the regular comics line, those final books were Shadowman Volume 3 #6, Armorines Volume 2 #4, and Unity 2000 #3. From the Classics Illustrated line, the final book was Frederick Douglass.

Very low print, possibly under 2,000 copies. It has been said that unsold stacks of Classics Illustrated "went missing" from the Acclaim offices during the bankruptcy. The inventory sheets don't match what was found in stock, so someone decided they would just take a few (tens of thousands).

At any rate, the Acclaim Classics Illustrated books are all pretty low print, all were extremely unpopular as collectibles lol , but if you want to watch bargain bins, the Frederick Douglass book is the one to find.

A few of them (Jane Eyre and A Tale of Two Cities) are meaningful for me, because the coloring company I worked for recolored them, so it's my first (and only, to date) published comic work.

IMG_3689.png

:applause:

Wealth of knowledge has arrived

Sooooooo anyway...

Why would anyone help you when you go out of your way to act like a rude jackoff? Soooo anyway, get stuffed.

Sooooooo anyway...

Let me re-write this so it sounds better.

"Hey FBS, you misread my post. I have a copy I am looking for another

version. I appreciate the help though."

See how easy that was. I did misread your post. My above re-write

doesn't make you come off looking like an :censored: .

I suggest you think really hard before you type anything else in this thread because you are really making people not want to interact with you at all.

This is the second time this has been addressed in this thread. Please try to

leave more positive comments in the future. That way everyone wont think you are a :censored:

Promethea 32

Last book in Alan Moore's run tough to find and harder to read. If you read it

you know why I said that.

Yep, I've got that one. :)

The poster with the whole comic is awesome.

Promethea 32

Last book in Alan Moore's run tough to find and harder to read. If you read it

you know why I said that.

Yep, I've got that one. :)

The poster with the whole comic is awesome.

Page by page? :insane:

Sooooooo anyway...

I have the answers you're looking for but between your abrasive attitude and chiding other members for mentioning variants in this thread only to then mention a variant yourself I politely decline.

I'm not aware of it being a variant. I am thinking its an ashcan. I actually have no idea that is why I was asking.

Obviously you do not have the answer because you send me a link to something else.

You wanna be slick with your mouth...OK tuff Tony.

Funny sad boy.

Sooooooo anyway...

I'm not aware of it being a variant. I am thinking its an ashcan. I actually have no idea that is why I was asking.

Obviously you do not have the answer because you send me a link to something else.

You wanna be slick with your mouth...OK tuff Tony.

Funny sad boy.

giphy_zpsp9z21qen.gif