• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Current ASM

21 posts in this topic

Haven't read any new Spidey in years. Considering starting again. I stopped when the whole mind wipe happened. I read about Peter dying and the whole Doc Oc mess. Is this storyline still happening or is it back to normal again.

Haven't read any new Spidey in years. Considering starting again. I stopped when the whole mind wipe happened. I read about Peter dying and the whole Doc Oc mess. Is this storyline still happening or is it back to normal again.

Its more confusing as ever. Worlds collided or merged and now there is Peter Parker Spider-man and Miles Morales Spider-man in the same world (616) plus you have Spider-Gwen and Silk (female shared origin as Peter) running around as well.

Superior Spider-man was one of the best spidey runs in years.
+1 just do that one

Remember the good ol days when the three titles (Spec, Amazing and Web of), all tried to be as cohesive as possible, many times the story arc running through all 3. What the h*ll happened since then?

Jay

Being a life long Spidey fan, I find the current Slott storylines just unreadable.

For me, Peter just shouldn't be a multi millionaire.

What always appealed to me and set Peter apart, was the fact that he was always trying to juggle day to day life like any normal person.

His current "lifestyle" has just strayed WAY too far from what it was originally.

Maybe I'm old and jaded, but I just can't wrap my head around it.

Being a life long Spidey fan, I find the current Slott storylines just unreadable.

What always appealed to me and set Peter apart, was the fact that he was always trying to juggle day to day life like any normal person.

His current "lifestyle" has just strayed WAY too far from what it was originally.

:facepalm:

I didn't even know this was a thing.

Remember the good ol days when the three titles (Spec, Amazing and Web of), all tried to be as cohesive as possible, many times the story arc running through all 3. What the h*ll happened since then?

Jay

Marvel decided that continuity was no longer important.

Wait. Are you saying Richie Rich is now Spiderman? :facepalm:

Wait. Are you saying Richie Rich is now Spiderman? :facepalm:

Basically but with spider powers doh!

Superior Spider-man was one of the best spidey runs in years.
+1 just do that one

+2

Superior was inspired with some great covers and the potential of the series was barely even skimmed when they decided to reboot everything. :sorry:

-J.

I don't understand why Marvel can't get their house in order ESP with the old flagship titles. Spiderman was so fantastic, well written and great artwork. Readers couldn't wait to see what was going to happen, great action and witty well written books. Over the past 20 years it has sucked. Bad story after bad story. With such a great history and so many huge fans why can't they get a good team to produce a solid comic.

I agree that the new ASM hasn't been great, but the last issue really got me wanting to find out what happens next. Hopefully it will get things interesting again until Slott is finished. They should've let him go once he finished Superior Spider-Man.