• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daniel Craig done as James Bond? Who is up next?
2 2

163 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The transformation is stunning. He might be sick?

Honestly, I haven't been this shocked at someone's appearance changing this much since Frank Miller.

Craig definately looks like he aged overnight.

For his health sake I hope it was bad plastic surgery?

Can't blame the weight gain on KFC ...they have no chickens to slaughter in England at present 

• THR: What are the societal changes that you are looking that could be reflected in the next Bond?
  • BROCCOLI It’s hard to know. We always sit down with our writers, and we start by thinking about what is the world afraid of? We start by thinking about, “Who’s the Bond villain?” We try to focus on that as the sort of uber story, and then we want to also look at Bond’s emotional life, and what he’ll be facing personally that he hasn’t had to deal with before. So he has two big issues in the films — one is the geopolitical one and the other is the personal one.
  • WILSON Everyone thought that the Berlin Wall came down it was all hunky dory and there would be no stories to tell anymore. Well, that proved wrong. The world is so unpredictable and it’s a rich environment for storytelling.

In an interview with LADbible, Broccoli has a rather disappointing update regarding the casting process for the next film, dubbed Bond 26. Some rumors have claimed that actors like Taylor-Johnson have already arisen as frontrunners for the role. However, Broccoli has put such rumors to rest by confirming that the film isn't as deep into development as previously thought. Check out her statement below:

"No, we haven’t even started casting yet. There isn't even a -script."

Broccoli has also shed a bit of light on the nature of Bond 26's premise. One of the reasons why the casting, filming, and -script are so far off is that Bond 26 has big plans for James. Broccoli explained that a -script cannot be prepared until the production crew decides what they want to do with the character. This answer isn't as simple as it may seem because Bond 26 wants to "reinvent" 007 completely. Hence, rather than a continuation of the franchise or a rehashing of its trends, Bond 26 is shaping up to be a bit of a reboot of the franchise that will change the way viewers perceive Bond.

I still want Richard Madden as Bond. He's shown he's got the chops for it with The Bodyguard. But he wouldn't be a 're-invention', whatever that is. 

Hiddleston would make a great bond villain, but not a bond.  And I can't see Fassbender or Cavill in the part either.  Maybe Tom Cruise :jokealert:

Heard a piece on the BBC this week that said Harry Styles and Ed Sheeran were currently the top two contenders to do the song for the next Bond film.

My prediction: If Nolan directs, not only will Harry Styles do the song, he'll also play a role in the film (though not necessarily as Bond).

On 9/30/2023 at 9:47 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Heard a piece on the BBC this week that said Harry Styles and Ed Sheeran were currently the top two contenders to do the song for the next Bond film.

My prediction: If Nolan directs, not only will Harry Styles do the song, he'll also play a role in the film (though not necessarily as Bond).

Bond can bed him. 

News comes as Barbara Broccoli says James Bond-themed reality show – 007’s Road to a Million – will help fill fans’ hunger

Producer Barbara Broccoli said there is “a big road ahead” before the character was “reinvented for the next chapter”, and that executives “haven’t even begun” the process of modernising the franchise.

She added that the next film would have to reflect the way the world has changed in the two decades since Craig was confirmed as the sixth 007 and pointed out that Bond has often been reinvented.

“I go back to GoldenEye when everyone was saying ‘the cold war is over, the wall is over, Bond is dead, no need for Bond, the whole world’s at peace and now there’s no villains’ – and boy was that wrong!” she said, adding that modernisation is necessary whenever a new actor plays the part.

With Craig they “wanted to focus on what a 21st-century hero would look like”.

She added: “Daniel gave us the ability to mine the emotional life of the character … and also the world was ready for it. I think these movies reflect the time they are in, and there’s a big, big road ahead reinventing it for the next chapter and we haven’t even begun with that.”