• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Random Thoughts posted by MetalPSI

106 posts in this topic

Just a thread that delivers.

My first post will be on art. Noticed a thread in CG about someone wanting to make art a full time thing. I think.

Anyways, I posted stuff on one of my favorite artists, which was completely ignored (of course) but I clicked on a link someone posted for Van Gogh.

So getting sidetracked like I always do, I looked for an online database of images for his work. I wasn't disappointed (love a lot of the aspects of the internet evolution)

I've come to the conclusion that Van Gogh isn't really that good. Yes, there are some paintings he has done which are pretty good, fantastic even, but overall, I don't get the hubbub around him. Starving artist? Yes. Not making appealing work will lead you down that path. Not to say you should make artwork for the sake of a paycheque. As a lot of people had pointed out in the thread, art is something that comes from inside and you should do what you feel you should do.

Art to me is a release of the real inner self. Free from obstruction of higher thought and just the essence between the subject and the person interpreting it.

I do not have a single iota of artist talent, myself. But I feel I can appreciate others. It's all subjective, and that's what I find fascinating about all forms of art.

See more journals by MetalPSI

Please look up Carravagio. He died earlier in life than Van Gogh and his life WAS ASTOUNDINGLY INTENSE. His work still sits in Italy where thy were meant to be and THEY ARE THE BEST

I generally try to keep my personal life out of the internet realm, but having done a few days of reaserch, I hink talking about it will motivate me more to actully getting a hold of the situiaton.

I am quite out of shape and fining it difficult to start up some sort of weigh loss/muscle mass program.

I am not one for stting in a room repetively lifting weighgs. I've got programs on DvD's an all that fun stuff too.

I think the next step is to get a private blog/webpage where I can keep track of my progress and lots of pics to motovate me. I can't believe how much my body has chaged in 4 years.

The better half has done a European tour when she was younger, but I myself, I've only been to the south of France, and that was recently. I think I will convince her to go again, Amsterdam is one place I would like to see.

I generally try to keep my personal life out of the internet realm, but having done a few days of reaserch, I hink talking about it will motivate me more to actully getting a hold of the situiaton.

I am quite out of shape and fining it difficult to start up some sort of weigh loss/muscle mass program.

I am not one for stting in a room repetively lifting weighgs. I've got programs on DvD's an all that fun stuff too.

I think the next step is to get a private blog/webpage where I can keep track of my progress and lots of pics to motovate me. I can't believe how much my body has chaged in 4 years.

Remember to clean your diet up at the same time as well, its probably equally as important as the exercise portion. You don't have to become a hardcore kale blazer, but even minor tweaks can do wonders.

but even minor tweaks can do wonders.

+1

A few simple things to start

Eliminate all soft drinks, even diet. there's no such thing as a diet soda. Diet is filled with chemicals and artificial sweetners that cause electrolyte imbalance in the cells and cause water retention. It's all sheet in the can anyway.

Cut out as much processed starch as possible. white bread, chips, fries.

Toss out anything in the fridge with high fructose corn syrup.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I've never been a big soda drinker to begin with, so cutting that was easy.

Getting a hold on my appetite is the hardest part. I've replaced smoking with food. Never a good combo.

I've begun a regimen of heavy weights and pushups. So far I've gotten up to 10 reps 3 times a day of 45 lbs bicep curls and 30 pushups a day.

I've got a treadmill and got to get myself on it. I think 30 mins a day should suffice to start.

Kinda sickens me how much I am out of breath after doing reps. Pushing through it for my benefit though.

I'd say eat a little something between the big meals, such as a handful of almonds or walnuts, or a light vegetable like celery. They can help tide you over and keep you from overdoing it at lunch or dinner.

And remember to hit the whole body with your exercise regimen, different major muscle groups each day, and don't skip rest days. Your body does need time to recover too, it can end up being detrimental if you push too hard.

I've spent a little time finding sites to update my marital arts videos that I like to watch while I work out and practice what I can remember from my early days of training in Muay Thai and HapKiDo.

I am quite taken with Krav Maga at the moment, but it's hard to find stuff to watch that isn't coming across as a quick cash grab. Youtube is simply hilarious for anyone who would want to self teach themselves.

Perhaps this is how keyboard warriors train themselves to have confidence to be trolls? hm

lol I am finding it EXTREMELY difficult to pull of certain kicks, not that I was wonderful to begin with. I think I will find a school or gym once we are moved and settled. I need some help in my form, and the mirror isn't enough.

Meantime, trying to keep up with switching weights and treadmill. Started doing some PX90 workouts, way too intense right now, but keeping up alright.

Weather here has been nice and hot, so good to have a cool basement to work out in

Wine is awesome and good for you in moderation. Need to drink 100 oz per day, get 7-8 hours of sleep, and take 2 tbsp. of cod liver oil every day...stuff is tasty but works wonders for brain and heart health (I'm likely going to switch to the gel caps though cuz I can't stand the taste).

I drink a lot when I am in the mood for it, but yeah, that seems excessive lol

I am pretty sure he meant 10oz

They say a glass of wine a day is great for your health. Problem with a glass is that it comes in 2liter doses for me

I hold to the philosophy you should drink enough so that everytime you go to the bathroom, your urine is clear. Which means I tend to go to the washroom quite often lol