• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am I wrong on this one? sold a book here in the FS forum.

533 posts in this topic

Dude should refund him twice the book price and let him keep it for the trauma he suffered.

I don't really follow the HoS and PL discussions but can this 'buyer' be nominated ?

Not according to the current criteria..... returns and complaints are allowed. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

With all due respect, as I mentioned, partial refunds is the biggest scam on eBay. It is a distant cousin of extortion, because when a seller offers to refund the buyers total amount, it should end there.

Partial refunds subvert the spirit and tradition of the refund process, and in nearly every instance I've either read about or experienced personally, the buyer is trying their hand at injuring the seller for the cheap thrill of forcing an unwarranted discount, never the other way around.

The current criteria to nominate should be resived to reflect what partial refunds really are - a scam!

(thumbs u

All due respect, that's complete garbage. I ask for partial refunds all the time as one option, the other always being a full return, and it's always warranted. I asked for one yesterday because an Avengers 4 I had purchased was missing the centerfold. I asked for half back, or offered to return it. He chose the former. Nothing scammy about it.

That said, anyone asking for a partial refund because micrichamber paper was sticking out deserves a punch in the face.

I don't really follow the HoS and PL discussions but can this 'buyer' be nominated ?

Not according to the current criteria..... returns and complaints are allowed. GOD BLESS...

With all due respect, as I mentioned, partial refunds is the biggest scam on eBay. It is a distant cousin of extortion, because when a seller offers to refund the buyers total amount, it should end there.

Partial refunds subvert the spirit and tradition of the refund process, and in nearly every instance I've either read about or experienced personally, the buyer is trying their hand at injuring the seller for the cheap thrill of forcing an unwarranted discount, never the other way around.

The current criteria to nominate should be resived to reflect what partial refunds really are - a scam!

(thumbs u

All due respect, that's complete garbage. I ask for partial refunds all the time as one option, the other always being a full return, and it's always warranted. I asked for one yesterday because an Avengers 4 I had purchased was missing the centerfold. I asked for half back, or offered to return it. He chose the former. Nothing scammy about it.

That said, anyone asking for a partial refund because micrichamber paper was sticking out deserves a punch in the face.

I agree that's totally different, centerfold missing is a big deal.

With all due respect, as I mentioned, partial refunds are the biggest scam on eBay. It is a distant cousin to extortion, because when a seller offers to refund the buyers total amount, it should end there.

The current criteria to nominate should be revised to reflect what partial refunds really are - a scam!

.... this would be difficult to enforce, as there will always be sellers who just simply can't grade, and refunds, partial or full ,will sometimes be necessary. I've had to make a few refunds and sometimes partial ones, but all were understandable and due to some factor I hadn't noticed or considered. The microchamber one is a new one on me, however. GOD BLESS...

And to my knowledge Alton is a top notch guy. I've not heard anyone say anything negative about him. (thumbs u

thanks Roy, your the best. :grin:

I'm putting thedude on ignore , recommending him for probation and banishment, and I might even kick his dog, because he can't type "you're" lol

(thumbs u

Well we agree on the last sentence. Your situation is warranted, and it's likely the seller who felt responsible for not checking - that's a pretty big thing to miss. But to nitpick on every deal he's done with Alton - that's resembling the pattern of someone looking for a free ride.

And to my knowledge Alton is a top notch guy. I've not heard anyone say anything negative about him. (thumbs u

I'm putting thedude on ignore , recommending him for probation and banishment, and I might even kick his dog, because he can't type "you're" lol

:makepoint:

(thumbs u

Well we agree on the last sentence. Your situation is warranted, and it's likely the seller who felt responsible for not checking - that's a pretty big thing to miss. But to nitpick on every deal he's done with Alton - that's resembling the pattern of someone looking for a free ride.

No doubt. Obviously a grifter.

Yes I received the slab-I haven't found any flaws but I will-please refund half purchase price for the inconvenience thx.

I'm interested in some more of your books. Pls just sell to me half off in anticipation of the flaws I'll find.

sorry, can't see anything while you are banished!...get lost.... hehe

oh, when I grow up I wanna be Gator. bet you never had any of these silly issues.

oh, when I grow up I wanna be Gator. bet you never had any of these silly issues.

truthfully I haven't...and, believe it or not, the buyer has bought books from me before no problems... sometimes it is, what it is ;)

Would the be - Island of lost toys lost, or island of lost souls lost. I'm confused as usual.

I hate doing "partials". If you don't want the book, send it back for a full refund, and as is customary, buyer pays postage. This usually shuts up these type of buyers/scammers. Now if it clearly my fault I pay return postage without being asked.

I think the fact that you didn't "out" the guy says a lot about what kind of seller you are. Although, the beauty of these boards is how we police each other. But 4 times deserves the "out"

(thumbs u

It's not complete garbage. I'm not saying there's no situation that warrants a partial refund, but Ebayers are in fact abusing the system to get partial refunds for stuff.