• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am I wrong on this one? sold a book here in the FS forum.

533 posts in this topic

has the buyer shown up yet?

He may have to ask his wife if he's allowed.

"Yes I received the slab and unfortunately one of the fibers was missing from the microchamber. Wife hit the ceiling. Please recompense by refund and some GA slabs thx."

Forever to be known as 'The Microchamber Affair"

I always preferred selling here than eBay cuz I felt that there were less headaches. I don't sell a whole lot really, I had one other boardie years ago, can't remember who. post the "I'll take it" in my FS thread, and then send me a PM asking if he could back out of the deal, I mean within like 2 minutes, I said fine, no biggie, but at least that guy didn't make me go through packing, shipping, waiting 3 months for full payment, all just to turn around and back out of the deal.

An impulse I'll take it and a backout immediately I feel is forgivable.

This definitely isn't. You are one of the good ones, dude (thumbs u

thanks man, I appreciate that.

No problem. I appreciate someone who can exhibit such patience. Although this is a negative outcome, I hope it doesn't hinder you from continuing to being confident to sell here

I'm obsessive-compulsive, and the first time I saw some microchamber paper sticking out of a slabbed book I was a little concerned. Not difficult, however, to do a minute's research online and discover exactly what it's there for, why it's been inserted loosely inside the book, that it's doing no harm and, consequently, for its presence not to be an issue at all.

Forever to be known as 'The Microchamber Affair"

I always preferred selling here than eBay cuz I felt that there were less headaches. I don't sell a whole lot really, I had one other boardie years ago, can't remember who. post the "I'll take it" in my FS thread, and then send me a PM asking if he could back out of the deal, I mean within like 2 minutes, I said fine, no biggie, but at least that guy didn't make me go through packing, shipping, waiting 3 months for full payment, all just to turn around and back out of the deal.

This is the only place where selling isn't a nightmare. I still have a package sitting right next to me from someone who wanted to buy some comics I had for sale elsewhere and then ghosted me when I got them the shipping quote, which was only $3, of course I didn't charge for packing materials.

On another site years ago I listed ten longboxes worth of drek dirt cheap. Someone picked out about $70 worth of stuff at 50 cents each. I dug it all up, packaged it real nice, got him a shipping quote. Ghosted. Put it all back, moved on. A month later he contacts me again, he's sorry, he has a drinking problem, ect. Wondering if he can still buy comics. Sure, he picks a couple hundred, I pack them up, ghosted again. Third time I never even answered his PM