• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am I wrong on this one? sold a book here in the FS forum.

533 posts in this topic

See, you are just piling on again!! You can cheat as many people as possible as long as you apologize once it catches up with you. Where have you been? :makepoint:

That's a bit of an exagerration. He didn't technically cheat anyone. They could have said 'no, return the book'. If he did something horrific it would be different. This wasn't horrific. He may have thought that was how the game was played-part of the 'bargaining' process. Whatever. He has apologized and if he's good from now on, you still want to string him up? I don't.

That's a huge IF when it seems to have been a big part of how he's done business with this seller and others here.

And creating a pretext for which to alter the terms of a deal after everyone's performed simpy to try and gain an advantage over a seller trying to have a straight business deal isn't really a game it's unethical business practices.

As I said above if he's that kind of person we'll know by future actions.

Are you saying no second chances, no mercy, ever? Because I'm 100%% sure everyone on this forum even the greatest should be strung up. No one is 100% perfect.

This has happened before, not just now, not just this seller, not just this year.

He's on something like his 12th chance overall and the 4th with this seller.

Comparing a long running, pervasive, repeated pattern with someone making a one time mistake and realizing it/correcting it are two very different things.

He has never been called on it and never apologized before. This is the point we move forward from.

My policy has always worked great. True miscreants like Symbiotic will apologize, then just can't help themselves-they'll do it again. People who have truly learned won't and they'll learn from the experience.

Treating em both the same is a mistake IMO.

+1 Treating any two people with the same negative approach is a mistake. People are individuals and deserve to be treated as such.

This is becoming more about people feeling good about themselves ascribing to their internet persona sense of superiority. Public shaming and pile on is rampant on the internet because it is faceless and gives people the ability to go negative to satiate their own repressed issues.

Thanks Dr. Freud.

Your ascribing full psych profiles on people you don't know and have never met is far more fair, accurate and reasonable.

I'm not seeing any full psych profiles. Link?

My policy has always worked great. True miscreants like Symbiotic will apologize, then just can't help themselves-they'll do it again. People who have truly learned won't and they'll learn from the experience.

Treating em both the same is a mistake IMO.

+1 Treating any two people with the same negative approach is a mistake. People are individuals and deserve to be treated as such.

This is becoming more about people feeling good about themselves ascribing to their internet persona sense of superiority. Public shaming and pile on is rampant on the internet because it is faceless and gives people the ability to go negative to satiate their own repressed issues.

Thanks Dr. Freud.

Your ascribing full psych profiles on people you don't know and have never met is far more fair, accurate and reasonable.

Save the insults.

You're right. Your approach is much more even handed and realistic. Please continue to berate someone over the Internet - much more effective in inspiring change.

See, you are just piling on again!! You can cheat as many people as possible as long as you apologize once it catches up with you. Where have you been? :makepoint:

That's a bit of an exagerration. He didn't technically cheat anyone. They could have said 'no, return the book'. If he did something horrific it would be different. This wasn't horrific. He may have thought that was how the game was played-part of the 'bargaining' process. Whatever. He has apologized and if he's good from now on, you still want to string him up? I don't.

That's a huge IF when it seems to have been a big part of how he's done business with this seller and others here.

And creating a pretext for which to alter the terms of a deal after everyone's performed simpy to try and gain an advantage over a seller trying to have a straight business deal isn't really a game it's unethical business practices.

Are you saying no second chances, no mercy, ever? Because I'm 100%% sure everyone on this forum even the greatest should be strung up. No one is 100% perfect.

This has happened before, not just now, not just this seller, not just this year.

Comparing a long running, pervasive, repeated pattern with someone making a one time mistake and realizing it/correcting it are two very different things.

He has never been called on it and never apologized before. This is the point we move forward from.

He's never been called on it? Really?

He's never been called on it? Really?

Really. Don't you think that would have been brought up the moment he was identified?

The guy had been asking for partials and sellers were giving them. He had no way to know it was a faux pas. Now he knows. Now he has apologized. Now we wait and see, giving him his deserved second chance. The end.

The guy had been asking for partials and sellers were giving them. He had no way to know it was a faux pas. Now he knows. Now he has apologized. Now we wait and see, giving him his deserved second chance. The end.

Wtf??? He didn't know it was faux pas to ask for money back on purchases for imaginary defects?? I wasn't aware it was a thing that you read about in Miss Manners. Is that something that has to be taught to someone?

I call BS. When you're asking for a partial refund repeatedly you know what you're doing.

I call BS. When you're asking for a partial refund repeatedly you know what you're doing.

But as I said he may have considered it part of the bargaining process. Sometimes people do not know stuff. I have had to tell one friend on many occasions he was acting inappropriately. He didn't know. Regardless of all that, he has apologized and it's how he acts from this point forward that will tell the tale. If he's a model citizen from now on will you show up and apologize one year from now? Or should he be strung up even if he is a model citizen from now on?

Of course he knew. Its a pattern of practice. I cant believe anyone is defending this and I say that with my moral superiority completely intact.

But as I said he may have considered it part of the bargaining process. Sometimes people do not know stuff. I have had to tell one friend on many occasions he was acting inappropriately. He didn't know. Regardless of all that, he has apologized and it's how he acts from this point forward that will tell the tale. If he's a model citizen from now on will you show up and apologize one year from now? Or should he be strung up even if he is a model citizen from now on?

No one with half a brain thinks that you get to bargain after your sale is complete.

And regarding your second question; I could care less if he buys and sells properly for the foreseeable future. No way I would sell him a book.

Of course he knew. Its a pattern of practice. I cant believe anyone is defending this and I say that with my moral superiority completely intact.

Then don't deal with him. Or advocate that he be taken through the PL process.

Moral superiority or not, what good is it to continue to belabor the point in service of continuing to repeat the same things others have said?

What are you hoping to achieve?

I am not condoning his actions, but that doesn't mean I should by default condone the public hanging either.

Ok well the next time you do something wrong do not bother to apologize.

When someone has done something wrong multiple times an apology is worth as much as a PGX 10

No one with half a brain thinks that you get to bargain after your sale is complete.

And regarding your second question; I could care less if he buys and sells properly for the foreseeable future. No way I would sell him a book.

No one with half a brain does many of the things humans do, every day.

It's how they act when it is brought to their attention that's important.

When someone has done something wrong multiple times an apology is worth as much as a PGX 10

My point seems to be escaping you I've made it several times. People do not always know when they are doing something wrong.