• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am I wrong on this one? sold a book here in the FS forum.

533 posts in this topic

You summed it up pretty well LB. Chris has uncovered or assisted in revealing some major scams on the boards. For some to label him as being a troll or having psychological issues is disgraceful. That applies to several of us..

This thread has gone to hell only because boardies took it there, while blaming other parties with whom they had no part in any transaction. I hate to even post this as it makes me part of the narcissistic sanctimony, but I do it anyway because I am a boardie, just like you.

:makepoint::acclaim::banana::slapfight::fear::whatev:

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

Wow, Saturday sure is the new Friday.

I went out and enjoyed my Saturday. But I am very impressed with this thread. It has more legs than a Busby Berkely swimming pool.

So I was thinking about how dumb this thread is, and how it's sort of a collective-punishment pile-on for Stevenrams. It got me to thinking about the practice in my childhood of creating a "spanking tunnel" for kids on their birthdays. Everybody would line up, spread their stance a bit, and the birthday boy/girl would have to crawl through as everybody spanked him/her.

I thought that was a funny memory, and I went to Google to type "spanking tunnel" and find an image to post here. Ha ha, real funny. I knew it would be the hit of the thread. Unfortunately I underestimated the Internet and the level of fetish people have. Warning: Do not Google the images for "spanking tunnel" expecting to find nostalgic, innocent pictures of kids mock-punishing their buddies.

Kav would even argue with himself

Buzz would even argue with Kav.

As weak as your roundhouse.

So you're saying it was super-strong

Warning: Do not Google the images for "spanking tunnel" expecting to find nostalgic, innocent pictures of kids mock-punishing their buddies.

:sorry:

You summed it up pretty well LB. Chris has uncovered or assisted in revealing some major scams on the boards. For some to label him as being a troll or having psychological issues is disgraceful. That applies to several of us..

Perhaps someone will hump the button on the original instigating post where everyone trying to get to the truth of the matter was psychoanalyzed and determined to be damaged, which is what triggered responses in the first place. Mass insults will tend to do that. Disingenuous for that person to cry foul when called on his insults by claiming to be insulted, don't you think?

I believe whomever did that was seeking to drop a turd in the punch bowl, believing the guests had already left, when they were really out getting White Castle and about to return.

it had to happen, i guess--mitch is getting company. i'm sure he'll find it insulting, but speed force is going on ignore. when every single post screams "participation trophy," you've lost me.

This is what I hate the most about the boards, beating a dead horse isn't going to change or improve anything.

Unless you're tenderizing the meat. :) Then it's a very useful technique.

Perhaps someone will hump the button on the original instigating post where everyone trying to get to the truth of the matter was psychoanalyzed and determined to be damaged, which is what triggered responses in the first place. Mass insults will tend to do that. Disingenuous for that person to cry foul when called on his insults by claiming to be insulted, don't you think?

I believe whomever did that was seeking to drop a turd in the punch bowl, believing the guests had already left, when they were really out getting White Castle and about to return.

I asked you multiple times to stop talking about me. Yet you continue to do so with the same condescending BS that I took issue with in the first place.

Now you are further attempting to instigate issues because you can't simply address the fact that it isn't helpful to pile-on and group hate on someone. You want to defend your right to publicly assault people on here repeatedly and will go to any length to insult people who take issue against it.

I am not disingenuous, you are condescending to the very end.

Please stop talking about me, I am not continuing to rant about you or what I don't like about you.

What you are doing isn't okay.

it had to happen, i guess--mitch is getting company. i'm sure he'll find it insulting, but speed force is going on ignore. when every single post screams "participation trophy," you've lost me.

Honesty I couldn't care less. The fact that you characterize me like that is ridiculous. What is even sadder is that you feel the need to publicly state it. It is similar behavior to the public shaming and group pile-on that I was addressing in the very first place.

You want me on ignore, do it. However once you announce it to others you are purposefully inviting group pile-on and instigating further negative actions.

Some people around here clearly feel it is their right or even duty to publicly denounce others via group action. It is distasteful, unneeded and purposefully mean.

so a thread is started because a buyer is a d bag. d bag buyer comes into the thread and apologizes as he is pulling his hand out of the cookie jar.

chris is making a point about the d bag buyer and the multiple times he has been a d ick to sellers here and someone humps the button on chris.

so lets forgive this buyer for multiple times trying to screw a seller after the deal is done and try and cause an issue for chris for trying to protect the integrity of this community.

C66F496E-7DE5-4D49-BD16-9437DF715CF2_zps7jjhdbju.jpg

so a thread is started because a buyer is a d bag. d bag buyer comes into the thread and apologizes as he is pulling his hand out of the cookie jar.

chris is making a point about the d bag buyer and the multiple times he has been a d ick to sellers here and someone humps the button on chris.

so lets forgive this buyer for multiple times trying to screw a seller after the deal is done and try and cause an issue for chris for trying to protect the integrity of this community.

Thanks Wes.

I don't need everyone to understand why I stand up for honest and fair dealing, just those tethered to reality.

IMO Comix4Fun has been helpful in holding some to account for bad behavior.

The perceived "pile-on" is more a byproduct of shining a light on the facts about a particular individual and actions or lack thereof. He can't be held liable for what other people think or post.

In this case it's pretty black and white. You had someone who over a period of time employed shady tactics to obtain partial refunds. It was confirmed by his own statements and at least one that knew he was gaming the system. Doesn't look like it became public until this incident.

He endured a well deserved public shaming, eventually came on and issued an apology.

It's up to each individual to determine whether he is sincere or he only came out from behind the shadows for being called out. All evidence IMO points to the latter.

Speedforce - you can have your opinions but you don't get to decide what can and can't be discussed here, regardless if further conversation is productive or not in you mind.

Some think a dialog about this should continue and that should happen.

Hitting the button is a weak move and proves that some people are incapable of having a debate

where views differ.

So essentially the fact that someone helped uncover scams on the board gives them license to drive and contribute to group shaming?

Why can't the two actions be separated and judged by themselves?

Essentially you are giving someone a pass to be insufficiently thoughtful and participate in unproductive group-pile because they have done other good things.

However, in that same vein you denounce other board members who have a past of negative actions but have come to the thread and publicly apologized and have stated their intentions to make amends.

Net - once you do a couple good things you have a pass on here to do whatever you want and you will always be good. But once you do a few bad things it doesn't matter what you do after that because you will always be bad. I am sorry, but that kind of sweeping generalizations to label people (especially over time) and enable/denounce behavior doesn't fly with me.

IMO Comix4Fun has been helpful in holding some to account for bad behavior.

The perceived "pile-on" is more a byproduct of shining a light on the facts about a particular individual and actions or lack thereof. He can't be held liable for what other people think or post.

In this case it's pretty black and white. You had someone who over a period of time employed shady tactics to obtain partial refunds. It was confirmed by his own statements and at least one that knew he was gaming the system. Doesn't look like it became public until this incident.

He endured a well deserved public shaming, eventually came on and issued an apology.

It's up to each individual to determine whether he is sincere or he only came out from behind the shadows for being called out. All evidence IMO points to the latter.

Speedforce - you can have your opinions but you don't get to decide what can and can't be discussed here, regardless if further conversation is productive or not in you mind.

Some think a dialog about this should continue and that should happen.

Hitting the button is a weak move and proves that some people are incapable of having a debate

where views differ.

Give me a break. There is no benefit to the public shaming that has been going on and your attack of me at the end insinuating I am "incapable of having a debate" is also unneeded.

You could have just shared your point of view and moved on, but instead you had to make it personal and attack me at the end - in effect piling-on me. This is more of the same bad behavior that is not needed around here.

FYI - this isn't a dialogue, it is a public flogging. There is a place and process to follow for board selling/buying violations and it is not being followed. You are just making excuses for people to publicly shame others and group pile-on.

FYI - no one deserves public shaming. His behavior, if found in violation of the board rules, should be handled accordingly. I don't condone his actions, but I don't condone what is happening to him as a result either.