• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am I wrong on this one? sold a book here in the FS forum.

533 posts in this topic

I may have missed this but has he shipped the book back to you yet? It may end up lost in the mail. I hope you didn't refund him first.

no, no refund has been given yet, he said he will ship book back tomorrow morning.

I may have missed this but has he shipped the book back to you yet? It may end up lost in the mail. I hope you didn't refund him first.

no, no refund has been given yet, he said he will ship book back tomorrow morning.

Have you pointed out where the paper can clearly be seen in the back scan? I really hope at the least you aren't eating the shipping on this.

Have you pointed out where the paper can clearly be seen in the back scan? I really hope at the least you aren't eating the shipping on this.

we've come to an agreement through PM that I think is very fair for both of us.

ok, I sold a CGC graded book, here in one of my FS threads. and supplied front and back scans, and even agreed upon time payments over 3 months, shipped the book securely fully insured and sig guarantee. when the buyer got the book he wasn't happy that the microchamber paper had slipped out a bit and was visible at the bottom of the book. he asked what I could do for him, meaning of course some type of partial refund for this "defect" which he has done 3 other times in the past on raw books for different varying reasons, which each time he didn't want to return the book for full refund, instead, he wanted a partial refund each time.

I've only done 4 transactions with this boardie and each time, he's had an issue and wants partial refund, this time was a CGC graded book, so I thought, "what could go wrong? it's right there on the label, he knows what book he is buying", so he recieves the books and PMs me that he is unhappy about the micropaper chamber showing, so is that reason enough to return a book? I've won a few books at CL, Heritage, eBay, etc, that had the micro paper chamber showing, could I have returned the book to one of the major auction houses for that reason"

it wouldn't be so bad if this was the only time he has had an issue, but this is the 4th time out of 4 transactions. needless to say there will NOT be another.

he is returning the book for a full refund, but it's such a waste of time, effort and now I"m also out shipping/insurance fees.

I haven't read the rest of the replies but I have to wonder why you gave this guy partial refunds on THREE other occasions.

He beat you 3 times already, don't go for #4.

THIS IS VERY SIMPLE:

NO REFUNDS ON TIME PAYMENTS

Tell him to send the book to CGC on his dime, if he's not happy....it's obvious to me he is just yrying to chisel you for more money, I see this as he has you marked as an easy wsy to make a few bucks....he's already hit a trifecta off of your kindness.

Finally, do not ever deal with this boardie again.

Personally, this type of behavior( boardie who is milking you for money) strikes me as shameful.

I am sure that if this character continues to give you a hard time, other boardies would vote him onto the Probation List.

That is what I would do, nominate him for the probation list on account of his clearly unethical trading behavior.

Wasn't it Howard Rogofsky who, years ago, said that 'microchamber paper, if carefully inserted, is not considered a defect'?

Or, something like that, anyway.

So this thread guilted him into keeping the book or is he sending back?

Please don't tell me you refunded him any money in order for him to keep the "defective" book.

This will just perpetuate his bad behavior although I don't suspect he'll be doing much future buying or selling around here.

To be fair to the buyer, perhaps it wasn't him that disliked the microchamber paper, but his wife?

That's another MO he uses - at least twice his wife's displeasure was the reason given for a refund request. :facepalm:

wow, yes! he did say that this time, as well as two other times, once it was supposed to be his "wife" that was the one contacting me through PM. just unbelievable.

Here's an actual artist's rendering of stevenrams after his wife found out he put 87 octane in his car instead of 89.

9zvsKXs.jpg

:facepalm:

What is it about this particular site and "the wife" excuse? I have never seen it on other message boards but it seems like a default here for scammers lol

Wombat, I don't remember if that was him in PIF but that was pathetic when the guy said his wife said he wasnt allowed to do it because he was being too generous. These guys need to grow a sack.

What is it about this particular site and "the wife" excuse? I have never seen it on other message boards but it seems like a default here for scammers lol

Wombat, I don't remember if that was him in PIF but that was pathetic when the guy said his wife said he wasnt allowed to do it because he was being too generous. These guys need to grow a sack.

I think many who claim the wife excuse are married to the same woman as Lars.

image.jpg1_zpsdyofhism.jpg

This is my wife's comic but as she claims "My Show and Tell Days ended in the 4th grade." But I give her credit for locating a very nice presenting copy for the grade. It's a keeper for this all--black cover with the white contrast just doesn't show up too often:

ActionComics229_zps91b35b2a.jpg

hm

Menace3-1.jpg

Got this back a few weeks ago from CGC. I bought it for my wife who is a big horror and mystery fan. She was really disappointed with the grade since the seller who sold it to us claimed it was much higher and sold it at FMV. We tried to persuade him to make some kind of adjustment for us but he would have none of it. Dealers large and small at least for me have. And I know I would. I don't want to sully his reputation since he sells books frequently on the boards but he should know he disappointed not only me but my wife. To quote Kurt Vonnegut: "And so it goes"

All these things seem pretty dooshie of Stevenrams. I can't believe it really.

Don't feel too bad, it probably just means you're a bad judge of character.

:baiting:

So this thread guilted him into keeping the book or is he sending back?

Please don't tell me you refunded him any money in order for him to keep the "defective" book.

This will just perpetuate his bad behavior although I don't suspect he'll be doing much future buying or selling around here.

No, he is shipping the book back. But he is eating the shipping/insurance fees.

So I won't be out any costs. Just wasted time and effort.