• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am I wrong on this one? sold a book here in the FS forum.

533 posts in this topic

IMO Comix4Fun has been helpful in holding some to account for bad behavior.

The perceived "pile-on" is more a byproduct of shining a light on the facts about a particular individual and actions or lack thereof. He can't be held liable for what other people think or post.

In this case it's pretty black and white. You had someone who over a period of time employed shady tactics to obtain partial refunds. It was confirmed by his own statements and at least one that knew he was gaming the system. Doesn't look like it became public until this incident.

He endured a well deserved public shaming, eventually came on and issued an apology.

It's up to each individual to determine whether he is sincere or he only came out from behind the shadows for being called out. All evidence IMO points to the latter.

Speedforce - you can have your opinions but you don't get to decide what can and can't be discussed here, regardless if further conversation is productive or not in you mind.

Some think a dialog about this should continue and that should happen.

Hitting the button is a weak move and proves that some people are incapable of having a debate

where views differ.

Give me a break. There is no benefit to the public shaming that has been going on and your attack of me at the end insinuating I am "incapable of having a debate" is also unneeded.

You could have just shared your point of view and moved on, but instead you had to make it personal and attack me at the end - in effect piling-on me. This is more of the same bad behavior that is not needed around here.

FYI - this isn't a dialogue, it is a public flogging. There is a place and process to follow for board selling/buying violations and it is not being followed. You are just making excuses for people to publicly shame others and group pile-on.

FYI - no one deserves public shaming. His behavior, if found in violation of the board rules, should be handled accordingly. I don't condone his actions, but I don't condone what is happening to him as a result either.

You realize you just validated my points with your post. Should I expect a visit from the mods, pretty please? I've yet to get a strike and now is as good a time as any.

FTR - is there another area where this could have and should have played out? Sure. But it was posted in CG so get over it, and yourself.

If you don't want to be "group shamed", don't try to rip people off. Multiple times. Pretty crazy I know.

No one deserves group shaming.

He made poor choices. People should take issue with him on those choices and reach judgement if they are in violation of board rules - in the appropriate area.

This thread has just become the next reason to pile-on. It is just an example of the kind of thing that happens around here all the time. Now people are beginning to pile-on me for taking issue with their original pile-on and pubic shaming.

That kind of public group negativity is not productive. Pretty crazy I know.

You summed it up pretty well LB. Chris has uncovered or assisted in revealing some major scams on the boards. For some to label him as being a troll or having psychological issues is disgraceful. That applies to several of us..

So essentially the fact that someone helped uncover scams on the board gives them license to drive and contribute to group shaming?

Why can't the two actions be separated and judged by themselves?

Essentially you are giving someone a pass to be insufficiently thoughtful and participate in unproductive group-pile because they have done other good things.

However, in that same vein you denounce other board members who have a past of negative actions but have come to the thread and publicly apologized and have stated their intentions to make amends.

Net - once you do a couple good things you have a pass on here to do whatever you want and you will always be good. But once you do a few bad things it doesn't matter what you do after that because you will always be bad. I am sorry, but that kind of sweeping generalizations to label people (especially over time) and enable/denounce behavior doesn't fly with me.

I've asked you, more than once, to stop discussing me.

Why won't you comply?

IMO Comix4Fun has been helpful in holding some to account for bad behavior.

The perceived "pile-on" is more a byproduct of shining a light on the facts about a particular individual and actions or lack thereof. He can't be held liable for what other people think or post.

In this case it's pretty black and white. You had someone who over a period of time employed shady tactics to obtain partial refunds. It was confirmed by his own statements and at least one that knew he was gaming the system. Doesn't look like it became public until this incident.

He endured a well deserved public shaming, eventually came on and issued an apology.

It's up to each individual to determine whether he is sincere or he only came out from behind the shadows for being called out. All evidence IMO points to the latter.

Speedforce - you can have your opinions but you don't get to decide what can and can't be discussed here, regardless if further conversation is productive or not in you mind.

Some think a dialog about this should continue and that should happen.

Hitting the button is a weak move and proves that some people are incapable of having a debate

where views differ.

Give me a break. There is no benefit to the public shaming that has been going on and your attack of me at the end insinuating I am "incapable of having a debate" is also unneeded.

You could have just shared your point of view and moved on, but instead you had to make it personal and attack me at the end - in effect piling-on me. This is more of the same bad behavior that is not needed around here.

FYI - this isn't a dialogue, it is a public flogging. There is a place and process to follow for board selling/buying violations and it is not being followed. You are just making excuses for people to publicly shame others and group pile-on.

FYI - no one deserves public shaming. His behavior, if found in violation of the board rules, should be handled accordingly. I don't condone his actions, but I don't condone what is happening to him as a result either.

You realize you just validated my points with your post. Should I expect a visit from the mods, pretty please? I've yet to get a strike and now is as good a time as any.

FTR - is there another area where this could have and should have played out? Sure. But it was posted in CG so get over it, and yourself.

Helpful post. Whether you get a visit from the mods is up to you, not me.

You summed it up pretty well LB. Chris has uncovered or assisted in revealing some major scams on the boards. For some to label him as being a troll or having psychological issues is disgraceful. That applies to several of us..

So essentially the fact that someone helped uncover scams on the board gives them license to drive and contribute to group shaming?

Why can't the two actions be separated and judged by themselves?

Essentially you are giving someone a pass to be insufficiently thoughtful and participate in unproductive group-pile because they have done other good things.

However, in that same vein you denounce other board members who have a past of negative actions but have come to the thread and publicly apologized and have stated their intentions to make amends.

Net - once you do a couple good things you have a pass on here to do whatever you want and you will always be good. But once you do a few bad things it doesn't matter what you do after that because you will always be bad. I am sorry, but that kind of sweeping generalizations to label people (especially over time) and enable/denounce behavior doesn't fly with me.

I've asked you, more than once, to stop discussing me.

Why won't you comply?

That is fair, I shouldn't have talked about you or used you as an example. I apologize.

If you don't want to be "group shamed", don't try to rip people off. Multiple times. Pretty crazy I know.

He made poor choices. People should take issue with him on those choices and reach judgement if they are in violation of board rules - in the appropriate area.

This thread has just become the next reason to pile-on. It is just an example of the kind of thing that happens around here all the time. Now people are beginning to pile-on me for taking issue with their original pile-on and pubic shaming.

1. Some people do deserve group shaming.

2. Breaking board rules is not the litmus test for being shady and requiring a discussion.

3. This seems like a perfectly reasonable area to discuss this.

4. It is very productive.

The awesome thing is you don't get to make any of the decisions you think you should be able to.

I pretty much never get involved in these threads but this one has been very entertaining.

I hope this doesn't count as piling on, but it seems to me that since his apology, there really hasn't been any shaming going on. A couple off color jokes but nothing I'd call shaming. It's been almost exclusively a conversation about how the non existent shaming shouldn't be occurring.

2. Breaking board rules is not the litmus test for being shady and requiring a discussion.

The awesome thing is you don't get to make any of the decisions you think you should be able to.

How is group shaming of people productive? Are you hoping to change their behavior via internet hate? Do you think you are teaching them a lesson or providing a moral high ground for him to elevate himself to? None of that is true, it doesn't work that way. This thread (for the last few dozen pages) is an excuse for people to pile-on and be insufficiently thoughtful.

This is not the area to discuss sales violations, there is a clearly designated place and process to do so. The fact that it is not being addressed there is very telling and only lends itself to my position.

Again, thank you for the personal quip at the end. You could have left it off but instead of discussing the issue at hand, you have to be negative about me.

Quad, Finally someone noticed! Very little has been said to or about Steven since his apology. The discussion extended due to people making justifications or minimizing his actions. Naturally that turned into name calling and claims of shaming and bullying.

How is group shaming of people productive? Are you hoping to change their behavior via internet hate? Do you think you are teaching them a lesson or providing a moral high ground for him to elevate himself to? None of that is true, it doesn't work that way. This thread (for the last few dozen pages) is an excuse for people to pile-on and be insufficiently thoughtful.

This is not the area to discuss sales violations, there is a clearly designated place and process to do so. The fact that it is not being addressed there is very telling and only lends itself to my position.

Again, thank you for the personal quip at the end. You could have left it off but instead of discussing the issue at hand, you have to be negative about me.

1. It may very well change their behavior. One person saying you did something wrong is not nearly as motivating as many people telling you that. It removes all doubt. You saying that isn't true doesn't make it so.

2. I'm not sure there was a sales violation. So it makes sense to have the discussion here.

3. Pot, meet kettle.

Finally someone noticed! Very little has been said to or about Steven since his apology. The discussion extended due to people making justifications or minimizing his actions. Naturally that turned into name calling and claims of shaming and bullying.

You are minimizing. There has been little said precisely because you have had something other to focus on. Namely, Kav's discussion and mine. If we hadn't jumped in, there was already the beginnings of further group pile-on that had already established itself for many pages.

It could have stopped pages and pages ago, but you just have to keep defending your right to publicly group-shame someone by piling-on someone who disagrees with that behavior.

It is the epitome of my point of view on the subject.

Quad, Finally someone noticed! Very little has been said to or about Steven since his apology. The discussion extended due to people making justifications or minimizing his actions. Naturally that turned into name calling and claims of shaming and bullying.

That really is the funniest part. If certain people had stopped with the defense and lecturing of other people that would have killed off a good chunk of this thread.

Finally someone noticed! Very little has been said to or about Steven since his apology. The discussion extended due to people making justifications or minimizing his actions. Naturally that turned into name calling and claims of shaming and bullying.

You are minimizing. There has been little said precisely because you have had something other to focus on. Namely, Kav's discussion and mine. If we hadn't jumped in, there was already the beginnings of further group pile-on that had already established itself for many pages.

It could have stopped pages and pages ago, but you just have to keep defending your right to publicly group-shame someone by piling-on someone who disagrees with that behavior.

It is the epitome of my point of view on the subject.

This isn't a serious post is it??? :facepalm:

1. It may very well change their behavior. One person saying you did something wrong is not nearly as motivating as many people telling you that. It removes all doubt. You saying that isn't true doesn't make it so.

2. I'm not sure there was a sales violation. So it makes sense to have the discussion here.

3. Pot, meet kettle.

So wait, you are saying that he broke no board rules - so it makes sense to shame him here? How does that make sense?

FYI - I am not sure where you come from, but if all the public shaming on the internet lead to productive change than the world would be a much better place. Online has become a safe haven for this kind of negativity because it gives faceless voices to people to drive truly negative and sometimes hateful words into society. It rarely results in positive change, just further negative downward spiral. People jumping on the opportunity to be superior and group hate on someone - it isn't productive.