• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stranger Things on Netflix
4 4

449 posts in this topic

Stranger Things Season 3 already approved before Season 2 released. Season 4 (the planned final season) still pending.

:banana:

Duffer Bros. confirm Season three (and possibly four) of Stranger Things

While speaking with Vulture the show’s creators, Matt and Ross Duffer, they mentioned how the idea of having season after season of these kids dealing with nightmarish horrors is not as sustainable as we think, and that the adventures of these kids will probably extend to a max of four seasons:

Ross: “We’re thinking it will be a four-season thing and then out…

Matt: “I don’t know if we can justify something bad happening to them once a year.”

However, the final chapter of the story will be undoubtedly crazy:

Ross: “They’re going to have to get the f@ck out of this town! It’s ridiculous!”

During the talk, they confirmed that season three is certainly a go, but the fourth is not yet official. STRANGER THINGS Season 2 arrives on Netflix October 27.

Instead of starting a new thread for season 2 I decided to try and resurrect this one.

So to start I'll post the panel with the Stranger Things cast from Comic Con this past July.

I was lucky to be in attendance and it's worth your time to check out the above if you haven't seen it already.

So one month away from season 2 now. 

Who else is excited?

On 7/23/2017 at 12:46 AM, fastballspecial said:

Is that not one of the best trailers ever?

I hated Dragon's Lair. The Thriller music was the perfect touch. Halloween will be blast this year.

I'm excited. :banana: ....and I absolutely LOVED Dragon's Lair! :applause: 

On 10/6/2017 at 2:31 PM, NewEnglandGothic said:

Is there a Blu Ray release date for Season 1 yet?

I seriously need to catch up with this show!

After commenting I missed this update recently so...

Stranger Things - 'Season 1: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray/DVD Combo Set...SOON!

Target-Exclusive release with collectible poster inside a 'VHS hi-fi' style package!

Posted by David Lambert
blackpixel.gif
10/05/2017 
blackpixel.gif

• A love letter to the '80s classics that captivated a generation, Stranger Things is set in 1983 Indiana, where a young boy vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.

In mid-July 2016, the Netflix service debuted a show that hit fans like a ton of bricks. Stranger Thingswas widely acclaimed, by viewers and by critics. Everybody was talking about this everywhere (especially social media), and the show was nominated for 19 primetime Emmy Awards, winning 5 of them. The cast includes Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Noah Schnapp, Natalia Dyer, Charlie Heaton, Matthew Modine, Cara Buono, and Shannon Purser. A second season, adding more cast members including Sean Astin, Will Chase and Paul Reiser, will debut on Netflix this October 27th.

A Reddit.com user, "/u/KnightFall47" (who appears to be a Target employee, but doesn't outright say so), has posted word there, in Stranger Things subreddit and also in DVD Collection subreddit, that on Tuesday, October 17th, for $24.99, Target will EXCLUSIVELY release Stranger Things - Season 1: Collector's Edition as a Blu-ray Disc/DVD combo pack! The four-disc set will also include a collectible Stranger Things poster, folded inside the packaging.

This above-named redditor (whose user history shows they've been using Reddit for more than three years) links to photos they took, uploaded to the Imgur picture-posting service, of the title arriving at the Target store location this person is at. There are 3 images: front, rear, and spine. The above-quoted description is transcribed from the back of the box. The package design, harkening to the '80s-themed series, is the same design of VHS releases from that same era...right down to "VHS hi-fi" logos on the lower right front corner, and the spine bottom! But a sticker on the front's top right, and on the box rear's lower left, reveals that the package actually includes Blu-ray Disc and DVD disc versions of the 8 episodes of Stranger Things - Season 1.

The title is not yet found on Target.com; we're not certain if this will be an in-store-only item, or if it will be sold through the website as well. While most programs shown on Netflix are produced and owned by other studios (examples: Orange Is The New Black comes from Lionsgate; House Of Cards comes from Sony; Daredevil and Jessica Jones both come from Disney-owned Marvel), Stranger Things is one that is actually owned by Netflix themselves...and Netflix seems to be the studio releasing this Blu-ray/DVD combo set of Stranger Things - Season 1: Collector's Edition. For those who aren't able to purchase from the Target chain, we hope that a version of this is made available through other sellers in the future. Right now, however, we have no word on that. Actually, we would have had no advance word on THIS Target-only release, except for the Reddit post. Our thanks to "/u/KnightFall47" for doing that, and also to longtime reader (and good friend, and fellow redditor) Wesley Mead for being the first to email us about this stuff!

Here are cropped and scaled-down copies of the images from "/u/KnightFall47"; please see their Reddit post(s) for the original photos in their original resolutions:

IMG_1093.JPG.406b083b4948e14ccb63860b954b7165.JPGIMG_1094.JPG.6efc149845120c5aa49ca931f49ebe2e.JPGIMG_1095.JPG.79159405751a31f376ad46244bd777c0.JPG

Retro VHS package is super cool looking.

It's not even funny how much I am looking forward to this show!  Previews looks fantastic and it could be even better then the 1st which would be very tough to do.

I just can't believe Netflix held off on the Blu-Ray release this long after a hugely successful first season.

I didn't realize the copies on Ebay were all recordings until you saw they all were coming from China. I wonder how much of a chunk of the market these bootlegs took up due to the release being held back?

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, NewEnglandGothic said:

Is there a Blu Ray release date for Season 1 yet?

I seriously need to catch up with this show!

Bought my copy tonight. :) 

DSC00912(1).JPG.b2b90d6201731583768f861425cc1349.JPG

It was a charmingly retro box, I can tell you that. I literally never thought I would see myself buying a vhs-like movie in shrink-wrap ever again.

All the box defects I used to look out for came right back to me. lol