• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stranger Things on Netflix
4 4

449 posts in this topic

On 7/4/2022 at 4:23 PM, Bosco685 said:

Yeah, I noticed that it was a Conan sword I thought.  I don't think it was the actual sword though.  It sold on Heritage a few years back for like $200K.  Where did it come from in the movie though? (shrug)image.thumb.png.f77a4f81f069dcbb88a96a261edf53d1.png

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 7/5/2022 at 10:58 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Seriously @awakeintheashes, where can I get this poster?... I checked and can't find it!

I’m not sure if they have released them for sale or even printed them. Netflix/Stranger Things did a special poster image for each episode I think. I know there was one for “Papa”

Looks like Jamie Campbell Bower relied on metal to get himself into character for Vecna. Not sure which Norma Jean stuff he listened to, but they were played nonstop in my playlists back in the day. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he threw on some Black Dahlia Murder as well. Because when I think of this season, I think of that band. 

Jamie Campbell Bower Interview: Stranger Things Season 4

I was gonna ask you about the voice? Is that something that you know you do on cue and how did you find that voice?

Jamie Campbell Bower: It's not something I can do on cue. It's something I have to warm up for. I probably could do it on cue now, but I had to learn how to relax. I'm a singer, but I often have sung in a higher register. So, to relax into the more bass baritone register of my voice was interesting; to relax the larynx and then to warm up the diaphragm as well.

It is really about being fully receptive and relaxed and open, and then building the fury and the resentment and the rage. It took me a beat to get it, though; it did take me a beat to get it. And I would listen to music to put myself in that space as well.

What did you listen to?

Jamie Campbell Bower: Carpathian Forest. Revenge. Dark, black metal; heavy stuff. Norma Jean. Yeah, dark stuff.

On 7/5/2022 at 8:43 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I’m not sure if they have released them for sale or even printed them. Netflix/Stranger Things did a special poster image for each episode I think. I know there was one for “Papa”

Somebody posted this on another site:

3E20608C-518F-4B27-8BAD-D8A88FF6E470.thumb.jpeg.357074c9774ae9a75fd96e5e37e1131e.jpeg

If Netflix ever relented on releasing this and last season on physical media I would hope these images would be included in some way as extras. 

On 7/6/2022 at 7:26 PM, Number 6 said:

3E20608C-518F-4B27-8BAD-D8A88FF6E470.thumb.jpeg.357074c9774ae9a75fd96e5e37e1131e.jpeg

If Netflix ever relented on releasing this and last season on physical media I would hope these images would be included in some way as extras. 

Pretty sure I'm in the minority, but these posters are better than the actual show.

On 7/4/2022 at 7:26 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Yeah, I noticed that it was a Conan sword I thought.  I don't think it was the actual sword though.  It sold on Heritage a few years back for like $200K.  Where did it come from in the movie though? (shrug)

In your question does movie = Stranger Things? If so, I had the same question, then remembered they allowed the prisoners to pick weapons to fight against the demon. Assuming it was one of those leftover.

On 7/6/2022 at 5:26 PM, Number 6 said:

Turns out, these are in fact available as physical posters in Netflix's online store:

Posters HERE

Each available in two different sizes.  I could wallpaper my entire office with these things.

On 7/8/2022 at 10:10 AM, WolverineX said:
On 7/8/2022 at 9:12 AM, manetteska said:

Pretty sure I'm in the minority, but these posters are better than the actual show.

I mean the show is pretty much a bunch of episodes of them running around and the finale is 11, coming back and saving the day.  Rinse and repeat.  

I'm fine with that cycle; not much kids can do against super-beings except rely on their super-being friend.

For me the "running around" bit isn't very fun, and with a cast of 30 or so, difficult to create depth. All IMO.

Worst of the seasons so far.

Season 1 was fantastic - this one - too many pointless 'new' characters.

The season would have been so much better without the 'Psycho' Jock, The 'funny' stoner or the 'crazy' pilot.

None of which were either menacing or funny.

The show suffered from MMB not being in most of the first 3 episodes as she was filming Enola Holmes 2.

She is the show TBH.

5/10