• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stranger Things on Netflix
4 4

449 posts in this topic

Really loving this show. Reminds me of the Goonies meets Guillermo Del Toro.

Exactly! This monster had the vibe of the monster in Pan's Labyrinth! Just finished the show tonight and thought it was great, I see some critical reviews but all in all, for a "Netflix original" I thought they did a great job! Looking forward to the next season! :)

Exactly! This monster had the vibe of the monster in Pan's Labyrinth! Just finished the show tonight and thought it was great, I see some critical reviews but all in all, for a "Netflix original" I thought they did a great job! Looking forward to the next season! :)

I thought the acting from the actress who played eleven was outstanding. I hope we see her in more shows.

I thought the acting from the actress who played eleven was outstanding. I hope we see her in more shows.

I absolutely agree!! and that sheriff was pretty awesome too not sure his real name im positive it's in this thread a hundred times but he was fantastic

Maybe my favorite netflix original thus far, and the only one I binged completely on first sit.

It's not perfect, though a lot of the peripherals (tone, costuming, setting) are so good it makes up for it. So well cast, and my only gripe is just a personal preference one I guess, where I wish it was more sf/f-tinged kids adventure than the turn to more horror it became. I kind of felt, oddly, that part of the story didn't interest me, and I mirror what most people are saying about Ryder's performance.

That type of character (the hysterical person that other people don't understand), even when narratively understandable, is one that I find grating.\

Great child casting though, and one of the first things I noticed was that everyone in this show has really unique facial features and not really going for kind of vanilla template I feel like a lot of casts slot themselves as.

Very cool series and really looking forward to the next season. It had some flaws but nothing to detrimental to be a nuisance. The older brother looked like he was 40 but that's just a small gripe. Truly nailed down the 80's vibe to a t.

My wife and I watched the entire series in one setting.I was surprised she liked it as much as she did.

I was in my early 20 at this time but I still remember the marathon D&D sessions of 10 or more hours.

Great fun and I'm glad it didn't try to take itself too seriously.

Looking forward to Season 2.

I'm on episode 4 (1/2 way I guess)

The Direction of this series is a 10 out of 10

The Acting performances are very stellar! This is putting Winona Ryder back up to relevance.

The story is a little campy, but then again so are a lot of 80's productions that they seem to be emulating are that way

This has a Goonies, ET, with a sprinkle of X-files/Evil Dead type of theatrics.

I love all the easter Eggs. The posters and little nuggets that show the fan hood of the director/writer.

Note the love for one of the best horror films ever - not only is there a Jaws poster

but the Sheriff's truck looks exactly like Chief Brody's (hell it even says "Chief" on the side)

:cloud9:

Very cool series and really looking forward to the next season. It had some flaws but nothing to detrimental to be a nuisance. The older brother looked like he was 40 but that's just a small gripe. Truly nailed down the 80's vibe to a t.

Man, I wish I looked that young and thin and with hair like that :cloud9: when I turned 40. lol

Finally got around to starting this series. I'm 3 episodes in. Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but this show is definitely influenced by movies like Scanners and Firestarter both in content and in music score, very reminiscent of the old tangerine dream scores of the 80s. Also very noteworthy is the nice homage to the d&d scene in ET.

Overall fun to see something so similar to stuff I loved as a kid.