• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

Great thread, Tim:) I was all excited, I thought I had your missing book, but I didn't realize you needed the regular one. I'm pretty sure I only have the Whitman version.

I've always picked up Whitman versions, I figured they were a little different.

I've never, however, seen those wonderful boxes (worship)

Not Whitman related, but a cool UK ad.

Marvelsheroes_zps1998f60c.jpg

Nice! I'll change the thread title to remove Whitman, maybe more people can contribute?

I love how they didn't use the Marvel trade ads, but had to do something completely different with the ads. Maybe the U.S. style was just too bombastic?

Great thread, Tim:) I was all excited, I thought I had your missing book, but I didn't realize you needed the regular one. I'm pretty sure I only have the Whitman version.

I've always picked up Whitman versions, I figured they were a little different.

I've never, however, seen those wonderful boxes (worship)

Thanks so much Sharon! I'd love to see any cool ones that you find.

batmiesta said:
Picture068.jpg

:cloud9: :

Those are nice! I think you have most of the Marvels, unless someone else can confirm the other Whitmans on the treasury comics.com list.

Check this out59b9cdedee011_ALiSupermanStatue.jpg.d0c82d2b575a548b675258a6f6f9237e.jpg:

Here are the In-Store retail posters for both Superman/Spider-Man books.

This one is framed on my wall. The 'window-facing' stickers are still on the piece, under the frame.

IMG_5656.thumb.JPG.b5714f4cedb0db636e9a6579860268e5.JPG

This one I haven't framed yet - still in shrink wrap!

IMG_5658.thumb.jpg.ff8b6871d3890778afc63abe20b27bb5.jpg

I had the opportunity to pick up a few Don Rosa Treasuries from Steve Wyatt a long time ago - thanks Steve! I had never seen a Treasury with a Pedigree before (or since now that I think about it). They are stunning examples.

IMG_5653.jpg

Whoa! That's wild.

And since you posted this one - have you all ever seen this before? Key Comics was selling it on eBay not too long ago. I had never heard of this before, but it's cool!

Joe Kubert drew the first, rejected, unpublished version of the cover to this Treasury!

Kubert%20Ali%20Treasury%20front.png

Kubert%20Ali%20DPS.png

Kubert%20Ali%20back.png

Thanks to eBay and Key Comics for the images.

More fun facts.

Many of you may have seen the two Oz Treasuries - the first a DC/Marvel Production, the second Marvel alone.

IMG_5650.thumb.jpg.23719592e15ea5b713c59ba50eb0f2c0.jpg

There was a third book planned that was never printed! Here is the cover by John Buscema (thanks to sorcerorsskull.blogspot.com for the image and story).

59b9cfea43d1f_IMG_12043.thumb.JPG.5ab7f1246d34fa332a27587591379d22.JPG

Found another. :ohnoez:

Picture343.jpg

Great copy.

It is my opinion that the Whitman version of this book was much more plentiful than the regular version. I had a harder time finding the regular version in High Grade.