• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Treasuries
5 5

1,079 posts in this topic

Here's my counter display box, the Whitman logo version of Superman #1 Famous First Edition C-61 aka "Superman Giant Comics" as listed on the box!

All 24 of the original books are present and accounted for!

Whoa! Now that's what I'm talking about!

I have never seen that before!

Love it.

Happy to have seen it and know it exists! Thanks for sharing.

So I bet there are many more out there somewhere?

Here's my counter display box, the Whitman logo version of Superman #1 Famous First Edition C-61 aka "Superman Giant Comics" as listed on the box!

All 24 of the original books are present and accounted for!

Whoa! Now that's what I'm talking about!

I have never seen that before!

Love it.

Happy to have seen it and know it exists! Thanks for sharing.

So I bet there are many more out there somewhere?

Thanks, I think it is pretty sweet too and I was overjoyed when I got the opportunity in 2014 to add it to my Whitman collection!

Here's another treasury thread from years ago. I was thinking comicwiz had a box of the Superman/Ali books a number of years ago so I was searching for that and found the thread. He posted a sharp copy in the thread but I didn't find a picture of a box so I may be mistaken... Probably still worth your time to check out the thread to see the treasuries that were posted, particularly the signed/slipcase Superman #1 at the end of the thread! :ohnoez:

Aha! Here is the pic, a sealed box of 12... he opened the box and sold individual copies but said he was going to keep the box, so maybe we will yet see some pics of the interior. This is from 2008 and I thought I remembered correctly that he had posted this box, so I guess it did make a bit of an impression on me lol

65506.jpg

Thread

Edited by Warlord

The Conan is another Pence copy - nice - I missed that initially.

Do you have both the Pence and cents versions, or is one copy good enough for you?

I sold my pence copy when I bought this one. :cry:

605429c7-7fc5-47da-9f5a-365fedc42e41_zpssv00oruc.jpg

Aha! Here is the pic, a sealed box of 12... he opened the box and sold individual copies but said he was going to keep the box, so maybe we will yet see some pics of the interior. This is from 2008 and I thought I remembered correctly that he had posted this box, so I guess it did make a bit of an impression on me lol

65506.jpg

Thread

Beautiful! I bet the inside art is sick! Thanks for posting and for the link.

65506.jpg

Thread

Interesting to note that this one has 12 copies of the book, while the others have 24.

The Conan is another Pence copy - nice - I missed that initially.

Do you have both the Pence and cents versions, or is one copy good enough for you?

I sold my pence copy when I bought this one. :cry:

605429c7-7fc5-47da-9f5a-365fedc42e41_zpssv00oruc.jpg

Oh man, do I love this book.

There's a UK version of this too, larger than the Marvel weeklies, but smaller than the US treasuries...

It's not a Whitman, though... A UK publisher whose name escapes me at the moment.

@Warlord and wormboy - I've taken several pictures of it but photobucket is taking forever to run on my computer. I did find a few pics for an article I wrote on store displays for a FB group:

12524251_679291672209935_6263839414817513352_n1_zpsskaj2gzk.jpg

12928369_679291742209928_2971771223269273130_n1_zpsagelxty6.jpg