• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOST IN SPACE on Netflix (2018)
1 1

59 posts in this topic

The Main Title Sequence For Netflix's Re-Imagining Of Classic Sci-Fi Show LOST IN SPACE Has Been Released

NETFLIX's upcoming re-imagining of the classic 1960's series Lost in Space is set to offer a more grounded, serious and modern take on the Robinson family's plight and the newly released title sequence certainly seems to match that.

Set to series composer Christopher Lennertz's score, the sequence offers a somewhat Americana view of a nuclear family's fascination with space flight over time, until we finally find ourselves in the future of 2046 seeing the iconic Jupiter 2; the vessel manned by the Robinson Family as they set out for their doomed voyage among the stars. 

On 3/6/2018 at 6:44 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I agree. Looks great. I'll be tuning in. 

+1. The forest scenes filmed in Squamish, BC just north of Vancouver, BC :foryou: half way towards Whistler skiing and mountain top vistas.

I still have the hots for Judy ................I'm digging the remake so far......hoping there will be plenty of Easter eggs :cloud9: ...the original series was a staple of my youth. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Just like the original Smith before his character changed. He was a spy sent to sabotage the mission and destroy the ship once it was in orbit but was trapped on board before liftoff. For the first handful of episodes, his plan was to kill the Robinsons, programming the robot to eliminate any of them when caught alone and the opportunity arose.

I finished all ten episodes. I LIKED IT!

Toby Stephens (Captain Flint in Black Sails) is a great John Robinson. And having a tougher Maureen Robinson with Molly Parker made for a better show overall. Parker Posey can do such a good villain, so her casting as Doctor Smith was a wise move. You feel pity for her at rare times. But for the most part, can't wait for her to get her due serving of justice.

The actors playing the kids seem to work well together as well. Including a different Judy than we saw in the original series.

They close out the show in a way this could be an interesting Season Two that mirrors the original series settings much closer. I look forward to it!

On Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 7:33 AM, Bosco685 said:

By the way, this Doctor Smith. So far, no redeeming qualities. Even will go as far as murder to protect her goals.

:ohnoez:

..... *ahem*......her legs are rather shapely.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Watched the 1st episode and thought it was well put together.  Looks like a show my wife and I can watch together

Edited by 1Cool

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎14 at 2:20 AM, Bosco685 said:

Up to episode two so far. I like it.

The robot backstory is going to be interesting.

+ 1. Better than expected. Recognized an actual shot from top of Stawa'nus Chief, Squamish hike. Those are real :shy: lush trees and forest trails from evergreen Squamish, BC although Whistler mountain snow-scape was enhanced by CGI to look other planetary.

6 hours ago, kdoginohio said:

just finished episode one. not feeling the warm fuzzy feel that was the original Robinson family. too much change for this old dog. can we not have a dysfunctional family show? i'll give it another episode or two.

Dysfunctional is the new norm,give it a few gets better and you learn to overlook alot (thumbsu

Edited by comicjack

On 4/19/2018 at 1:18 PM, kdoginohio said:

just finished episode one. not feeling the warm fuzzy feel that was the original Robinson family. too much change for this old dog. can we not have a dysfunctional family show? i'll give it another episode or two.

Almost every review I’ve read has said the FX are great, but it has none of the charm or heart of the original.