• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Info on Lloyd Jacquet collection????

5 posts in this topic

Several month's ago I purchased 4 books that were listed as being from the lloyd Jacquet collection. Of course it is not a recognized pedigree as far as CGC is concerned and their's no real way I can prove that these books were indeed owned by Lloyd. What I am looking for are articles or info on the man himself, and if possible on the collection he put together. I know the basics, WWI Colnel that became a Comic Book Publisher/printer in the early days of comics. I believe he even published or printed copies of Marvel Comics #1 from what I have heard (May be just a rumor). Anyone out there with any additional info??

By the way the books I purchased are all in amazing condition and include the following:

Barnyard Comics #9 VF-NM

Barnyard Comics #10 VF-NM

Barnyard Comics #11 VF-NM

Comics on Parade Special (1946) CGC 7.5 (highest graded)

Here's a link to a Heritage auction of Motion Picture Funnies Weekly #1. Check out the text section. This IS the first printed appearance of Sub-Mariner, which was later reprinted in Marvel Comics. That may be the source of the Marvel #1 reference?

Motion Pic Funnies 1

If you are interested in information on Lloyd Jacquet check out the March 2003 issue of Alter Ego. There is an article on Jacquet as well as Bill Everett.

Tom

Update :

I sent off the 3 copies of Barnyard Comics I had posted about previously to CGC and received the following grades:

Barnyard Comics (1946) #9 8.5

Barnyard Comics (1946) #10 9.2

Barnyard Comics (1946) #11 8.0

add those to my Comics on Parade Special Issue CGC 7.5, and I have a pretty nice start to a Lloyd Jacquet collection!!!! thumbsup2.gif