• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

Been a fan since '81.

I might not have caught up with all the new stuff, but I kept watching the older stuff.

Jon Pertwee was always my favorite.

I even went as him for Halloween one year as a kid.

halloween1985.jpg

I tried to combine Peter Davison and Tom Baker for one Halloween costume the year after.

halloween1986.jpg

My grandmother knitted me the scarf in '83 (based on a picture in Time magazine-no internet, natch,) because there wasn't a lot of Doctor Who merchandise floating around New Hampshire in the mid-80's.

Loving the Matt Smith stuff as well as the current Doctor. Watching "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" makes me feel like I'm seven years old again. :)

I still have fond memories of watching the Tom Baker episodes on a b/w TV set (I grew up poor) and never seeing zippers in costumes, just the "magic" of the adventures.

My father used to build me wooden boxes (spray painted blue) for a TARDIS toy. I used Star Wars figures as Doctors and aliens. I used extra bricks (about a hundred) to create large cities where he would land. I should write about this for a newstory. lol

Tom Baker has always been "my" doctor but David Tennant is a really close second. Unfortunately I lost interest after Gillan and Durvill left and Matt Smith was on his own (I actually preferred the Amy Pond show with the doctor as a side character). I have tried to watch the Peter Capaldi doctor but it is just not for me so I am waiting until the next iteration of the doctor.

I've loved every modern Doctor for very different reasons.

This Matt Smith rumour has to be completely bogus - the article is based on absolutely nothing of value and it just would make no sense for the show, IMO. :foryou:

This would shock me also. For better or worse, I think the next Doctor will be either a minority or a woman. They have been laying the groudwork for this for years.

This Matt Smith rumour has to be completely bogus - the article is based on absolutely nothing of value and it just would make no sense for the show, IMO. :foryou:

This would shock me also. For better or worse, I think the next Doctor will be either a minority or a woman. They have been laying the groudwork for this for years.

Now, I could take a season of Idris Elba in the Tardis, as opposed to Bond.

There is one of these floating around in the WC somewhere but this seems a more appropriate place.

Great idea! I was thinking we needed a place for Dr Who when we started "spamming" the Supergirl thread.

Here's a nice way to start.

Matt Smith to return?

I wish :wishluck: I suspect it won't happen.

This is stoopid, but did anybody notice that Peter Capaldi played the W.H.O. doctor in World War Z?

lol:applause:

I watched the movie way before he became Dr Who and never even thought about it!

As an aside, if you type CAPALDI WO into Google search (I was typing Capaldi World War Z) the first search suggestion that comes up is "Capaldi Worst Doctor".

This series super long layoff is frustrating. I actually like Capaldi, and thought the last series was very good. I am also excited for the overall big shakeup that is going to happen with both a new show runner and a new Doctor next time around.

This series super long layoff is frustrating. I actually like Capaldi, and thought the last series was very good. I am also excited for the overall big shakeup that is going to happen with both a new show runner and a new Doctor next time around.

Yes to all of this.

Now, I could take a season of Idris Elba in the Tardis, as opposed to Bond.

Elba would be great as the Doctor.

doctors_and_companions_by_madmanbluebox-d5coxmw.jpg

Time for a Top 5 Worst Doctor's Assistants!

Never cared for Polly, despised Adrick, Ace too, Perry was Perry, Teagan got better as she went along, The Doctor's daughter Susan acted like she was made out of cardboard.

I think Turlough was the most underrated companion. He had a lot of depth through his battle with evil.