• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Key Issues
4 4

167 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2022 at 7:15 PM, ThothAmon said:

Mixed up my photos. Meant to show this one. 
067546EC-25E8-4830-A374-A0AC2647D3DD.thumb.jpeg.16c1d2a5063d795c96b6b8976a0d8bb4.jpeg

Thanks for posting both!

I am trying to get a sense of grading above 9 so looked at the grader's notes for these two copies.

The 9.2 copy has:

light creasing to cover
light spine stress lines to cover

while the 9.4 book has:

very small stain left center of back cover

So it seems that "light creasing" lowers grade from 9.8 to 9.2 but they do not penalize small stains on BC at this level. Also the creases must be light because I can't see them in this image - how obvious were they to you?

On 12/24/2022 at 12:31 AM, Albert Thurgood said:

Thanks for posting both!

I am trying to get a sense of grading above 9 so looked at the grader's notes for these two copies.

The 9.2 copy has:

light creasing to cover

while the 9.4 book has:

very small stain left center of back cover

So it seems that "light creasing" lowers grade from 9.8 to 9.2 but they do not penalize small stains on BC at this level. Also the creases must be light because I can't see them in this image - how obvious were they to you?

Gasped when I got a 9.8 and even more so when I saw the graders notes. Didn’t see any of the mentioned defects. Hoping the rest of them are just as nice. 

IMG_5627.jpeg

IMG_5618.jpeg

On 3/26/2024 at 10:37 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Atrocious wrap on that book but interesting nontheless!

Yeah! I mean come on, if you're going to fork out that kind of dough at least get a one that you won't get pissed at every time you see it. O.o 

On 2/3/2021 at 11:38 AM, jimjum12 said:

... Criminally under appreciated .... Smith gave it life, but Buscema coaxed it to perfection. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Don't forget Howard made it possible too until they appreciated his masterworks and transformed his stories to master Conan artworks.