• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC shipped me Action Comics #1 Superman page, FedEx lost it, Help appreciated!
1 1

452 posts in this topic

Relax, I've worked for them for over a decade. Sometimes packages get rerouted. You'll get it : )

They are they safest shipping solution around

You in customer service? :baiting:

The Delivery sector

Honestly we will send freight hundreds of miles out of route. I wish I had the answer, but I'm simply the messenger so to speak :grin:

I had a similar experience with fed ex. They lost a piece of my gear in transit from Porto rico. In this case it was customs that misplaced it. I had to talk to Fed Ex for several weeks but they found it and returned it. There is hope.

I found that being persistent as well as nice helped.

Hope they find it for you soon.

Hell, I work for them and it happened to me once. I believe if memory serves, it was an extra 2 days out in limbo.

Was it an overnight package, or a lower tiered service?

A package from Germany valued at about 3 grand. Not overnight, but express. USPS is no saint with regards to this either. I've sent things overnight with them and hasn't reached the destination until a few days later. You'd think you'd get a refund since you pay for overnight, but no such luck. Trust me brother, you'll get it. They're still they best players in town

Hell, I work for them and it happened to me once. I believe if memory serves, it was an extra 2 days out in limbo.

Now he can relax ^^

Not overnight, but express.

Or not :insane:

Ohhh an antagonizer :kidaround:

Just trying to ease the OPs concerns. :angel:

This same scenario just happened to me with Express saver. Looked like the package just went off the grid. And then ended up going back to the sender. There was an issue with the address. The particular driver filling in that day was not familiar with this turf and the unique particulars of the office building.

Had similar last year as well where the tracking was stale and package was not where it should have been, time/turnaround wise, but I can not recall if it was UPS or FedEx. I will look it up in my old email folders.

I know a very active buyer/seller who uses Fed Ex all the time. I will run his scenario by you and see if he has any input.

Fed Ex has on noted on their tracking website in large red letters that the DNC and RNC can cause delays.

IMO I wouldn't worry too much as it could be nothing. I'd wait until you hear back from Fed Ex with more info before starting to wonder what happened.

Fed Ex has on noted on their tracking website in large red letters that the DNC and RNC can cause delays.

IMO I wouldn't worry too much as it could be nothing. I'd wait until you hear back from Fed Ex with more info before starting to wonder what happened.

Politics ! Notified !

Politics ! Notified !

The wall has begun and it's already affecting stuff.

Why doesn't collectinsure have your back with UPS packages? I've personally never had a problem with them. Also, IIRC, there were threads that talk of the "insurance" you get with the shipping companies is effectively when dealing with collectibles. I'd like to probe that some more as well.

I feel sorry for the OP, but I can't imagine shipping high-dollar items without being absolutely positive the items were insured. Yes, a literal page of history is now missing, but the money from the claim would help salve the burn.

But...this is what happens when you make assumptions about coverage or insurance. I suppose most of us have endured a pretty painful learning curve at some point, however.

:sorry:

Collectinsure and USPS registered mail are good places to start.

Please keep us informed. :wishluck:

Insurance ... i think someone here had insured an Avengers 1 USPS delivered in another adress and they didn´t paid the insurance

Best insurance is low profile, people who work at usps ups etc knows about comic books and comics are easy to steal , so stop telling them you are sending expensive comics and stop paying those big insurances because your "comic will be lost" and they will not pay you anything.

When i send an expensive comic book i send an "old magazine" and the cost is always less than $35 usd

Edited by Mijael.Levy