• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC shipped me Action Comics #1 Superman page, FedEx lost it, Help appreciated!
1 1

452 posts in this topic

I once had a serious issue with FedEx as well, when they claimed to have lost some important, irreplaceable documents in the mail, which I shipped via their most expensive option.

I had to complain a ton just to finally get them to get off their asses and actually investigate.

Long story short, it got lost at some facility in the USA, before it ever even got released to international customs in the target country.

Since they passed their on-time guarantee, I was entitled to a full refund, but their dispute department attempted to brush it off claiming that it was not their fault and was a "customs delay."

But it was clearly delayed at their American facility, long before it ever reached customs.

I had to threaten small claims court just for them to get scared and actually reimburse me.

In your case, I think you may need to resort to legal action as well. Although it might be a hard case to put forward, considering the low insurance amount and time elapsed since then.

On 2/29/2024 at 11:46 AM, stormflora said:

I once had a serious issue with FedEx as well, when they claimed to have lost some important, irreplaceable documents in the mail, which I shipped via their most expensive option.

I had to complain a ton just to finally get them to get off their asses and actually investigate.

Long story short, it got lost at some facility in the USA, before it ever even got released to international customs in the target country.

Since they passed their on-time guarantee, I was entitled to a full refund, but their dispute department attempted to brush it off claiming that it was not their fault and was a "customs delay."

But it was clearly delayed at their American facility, long before it ever reached customs.

I had to threaten small claims court just for them to get scared and actually reimburse me.

The almost exact same thing happened with me on a shipment from Mexico that got stuck in Texas (overnight service). They claimed it was being held in custom when their tracking clearly showed it hadn't even gotten to that point yet. I did get a full refund (over $500), but I think it caused an issue with the sender because they claimed the refund was going to come from the FedEx location in Mexico that shipped it out.  So the guy who used that FedEx location was probably banned from ever using them, but that reflected poorly on FedEx as a whole because that's their repsonsibility and the mishandled package is on their system, not the small operator in Mexico.

Edited by comicwiz