• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC shipped me Action Comics #1 Superman page, FedEx lost it, Help appreciated!
1 1

452 posts in this topic

Even if Cgc listed 4K it doesn't matter if insurance was not purchased. And even then I believe max insurance Fedex will provide on collectibles is $1000

unfortunately if parcel goes lost I'm afraid you are only going to be entitled to $100 :sorry:

Even if one of their own employees steals the package?

Unfortunately you are never going to be able to prove this.

If the last documentation is that it entered their Memphis hub, and there is absolutely no documentation that it ever left, wouldn't that mean the only 2 things that can be PROVEN by them is that it was either A) stolen or B) that it is still in their Memphis facility, meaning THEIR possession, meaning that their "investigation" cannot end until it is found?

Edited by Wayne-Tec

Shipping a Tec 27 Bat 1 Tec 1 was one of the reasons i drove 500 miles to pgx rather than ship to CGC .

I wanted a fast sale to buy a house cheap here in C.A.

I know CGC was the only name but NO place i went Fed x usps ups would insure the value and it would have meant high $$$ for fast grading 3 big books and shipping. :makepoint: Sorry for your problem with the page.

Even if Cgc listed 4K it doesn't matter if insurance was not purchased. And even then I believe max insurance Fedex will provide on collectibles is $1000

unfortunately if parcel goes lost I'm afraid you are only going to be entitled to $100 :sorry:

Even if one of their own employees steals the package?

Unfortunately you are never going to be able to prove this.

If the last documentation is that it entered their Memphis hub, and there is absolutely no documentation that it ever left, wouldn't that mean the only 2 things that can be PROVEN by them is that it was either A) stolen or B) that it is still in their Memphis facility, meaning THEIR possession, meaning that their "investigation" cannot end until it is found?

I really don't know how they operate as far as investigations go. But the chances of getting them to admit an employee stole the package is pretty much zero.

Shipping a Tec 27 Bat 1 Tec 1 was one of the reasons i drove 500 miles to pgx rather than ship to CGC .

I know CGC was the only name but NO place i went Fed x usps ups would insure the value and it would have meant high $$$ for fast grading 3 big books and shipping. :makepoint: Sorry for your problem with the page.

I'm having troubles understanding this post

I have a Tec 1 and 27 plus a Bat 1 you follow that. rantrant

I did not want to send the books thru the mail for the reason Wayne-Tec posted lost lost and lost. (tsk)

I drove to pgx 500 miles away to get them graded rather than take a chance of lost in the mail. Is that better :baiting:

MetalPSI (thumbs u

I did not want to send the books thru the mail for the reason Wayne-Tec posted lost lost and lost. (tsk)

I drove to pgx 500 miles away to get them graded rather than take a chance of lost in the mail. Is that better :baiting:

MetalPSI (thumbs u

You lost me at PGX

MetalPSI (thumbs u

When you have that kind of books i guess you have an aproppiate insurance i mean something similar to art dealers and collectors

MetalPSI (thumbs u

You lost me at PGX

:roflmao: With books of this value any 3rd party grade is better than the seller only opinion right. (shrug)

MetalPSI (thumbs u

So ... you saved a bit on shipping and lost hugely on sales price - seems smart.

MetalPSI (thumbs u

You lost me at PGX

:roflmao: With books of this value any 3rd party grade is better than the seller only opinion right. (shrug)

Not with PGX

MetalPSI (thumbs u

You lost me at PGX

I think the general opinion is that PGX is about 75.2 party grading -

You probably would have had a better return if you flew to Florida and did walk through service........

MetalPSI (thumbs u

So ... you saved a bit on shipping and lost hugely on sales price - seems smart.

This

MetalPSI (thumbs u

It was smart. I never sold the books the Tec 27 got 17k top bid and i had a 25k reserve. CBCS copy in 4.5 e just sold at Heritage for 163. :popcorn:

MetalPSI (thumbs u

When you have that kind of books i guess you have an aproppiate insurance i mean something similar to art dealers and collectors

If you have 3 books like Batman 1, Detective 1 and 27...even if you do not have private insurance to cover them....using a carrier that will insure them for FMV and paying the higher cost for CGC or Voldemort grading makes infinitely more sense to me than saving money on cheaper grading costs by using PGX.

With the subpar market confidence in PGX, you are leaving muuuch more money on the table when the books are sold.

What Woowoo would have been better off doing would be to have subbed the 3 books through ComicLink (who would have subbed the books to CGC or Voldemort and fronted the cost)....then would have handled the sales of the 3 books for a 10% commission (13% if the buyer paid by CC)....not to mention, you get CL's discount on CGC/Voldemort grading fees.

Which is just what eBay would have charged....and you get the benefit of a trusted firm like CL, handling all aspects of listing & selling the books.

I understand not wanting to put out large chunks of cash in grading fees, but come on....PGX?

I have no issue with covering modern CGC fees myself bc the overhead/buy in in relation to return % on the investment is much better on moderns than (most) pre-1975 books...but Woowoo's reasoning is inherently flawed.

I have a couple dozen high grade BA/SA books ( mostly books with GPA sale points around $250-$400....some books that I have bought over 15+ years ago...back when it was possible to buy unpressed HG SA books at small cons for 50% off Overstreet..before CGC came into play and obliterated that possibility.

Unfortunately, I sold the best keys from those older buys I made, years ago before movie values exploded on them.....like an unpressed VF FF 48...unpressed Det 359 in VF....ugh.

When I do get around to dry cleaning and pressing the books I have left.....now that I've wised up....they will all be going to CL and the CGC fees will be covered by CL and paid out of my end, when each book sells.

MetalPSI (thumbs u

You lost me at PGX

Not with PGX

As far as pgx goes they are not CGC but a lot better than nothing

MetalPSI (thumbs u

You lost me at PGX

Not with PGX

that's one opinion

MetalPSI (thumbs u

If you have 3 books like Batman 1, Detective 1 and 27...even if you do not have private insurance to cover them....using a carrier that will insure them for FMV and paying the higher cost for CGC or Voldemort grading makes infinitely more sense to me than saving money on cheaper grading costs by using PGX.

With the subpar market confidence in PGX, you are leaving muuuch more money on the table when the books are sold.

What Woowoo would have been better off doing would be to have subbed the 3 books through ComicLink (who would have subbed the books to CGC or Voldemort and fronted the cost)....then would have handled the sales of the 3 books for a 10% commission (13% if the buyer paid by CC)....not to mention, you get CL's discount on CGC/Voldemort grading fees.

Which is just what eBay would have charged....and you get the benefit of a trusted firm like CL, handling all aspects of listing & selling the books.

I understand not wanting to put out large chunks of cash in grading fees, but come on....PGX?

I have no issue with covering modern CGC fees myself bc the overhead/buy in in relation to return % on the investment is much better on moderns than (most) pre-1975 books...but Woowoo's reasoning is inherently flawed.

I have a couple dozen high grade BA/SA books ( mostly books with GPA sale points around $250-$400....some books that I have bought over 15+ years ago...back when it was possible to buy unpressed HG SA books at small cons for 50% off Overstreet..before CGC came into play and obliterated that possibility.

Unfortunately, I sold the best keys from those older buys I made, years ago before movie values exploded on them.....like an unpressed VF FF 48...unpressed Det 359 in VF....ugh.

When I do get around to dry cleaning and pressing the books I have left.....now that I've wised up....they will all be going to CL and the CGC fees will be covered by CL and paid out of my end, when each book sells.

This was 10 plus years ago. When it comes to Tec 1 and 27 the books where done early 80s and i wanted a fast sale to buy a house. I now would have the books redone by CCS than graded by CGC. I will say PGX put the grade on all 3 the same as i had them graded and i have been with big goldenage books for years.

MetalPSI (thumbs u

You lost me at PGX

Not with PGX

that's one opinion

Yup you are right but my opiinion goes a long way to the dealers that have wanted these books in the pgx holder for years they get the idea the can get more if the send to CGC.

I do say for resale value and to get top dollor i made a bad choice but i can change that easy