• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

My latest lower grade Planet (from a Boardie) arrived earlier this week. Not a bad little book really.

1946%20PLANET%20040-108.36a_zpsw4y0vllh.jpg

1946%20PLANET%20040-108.36c_zpskgudqgj4.jpg

1946%20PLANET%20040-108.36d_zpslus1qfbh.jpg

1946%20PLANET%20040-108.36e_zpsmbge31ti.jpg

1946%20PLANET%20040-108.36b_zpskfhbjmak.jpg

Nice Planet. 40 has eluded me for quite a while. I don't see them too often especially in high grade. The cover is a swipe from the pulp planet. Interesting how they did that for a few issues.

Nice Planet. 40 has eluded me for quite a while. I don't see them too often especially in high grade. The cover is a swipe from the pulp planet. Interesting how they did that for a few issues.

My latest lower grade Planet (from a Boardie) arrived earlier this week. Not a bad little book really.

1946%20PLANET%20040-108.36a_zpsw4y0vllh.jpg

1946%20PLANET%20040-108.36c_zpskgudqgj4.jpg

1946%20PLANET%20040-108.36d_zpslus1qfbh.jpg

1946%20PLANET%20040-108.36e_zpsmbge31ti.jpg

1946%20PLANET%20040-108.36b_zpskfhbjmak.jpg

I still don't have that one. Waiting for just the right copy. That one looks nicer than I thought it would. Good pickup.

Thanks Rick. I agree, I'll probably move this one along. I'm moving towards graded PLANETS which I don't intend to crack when I get 'em :cloud9:

Here's a new one this week. My first in the single digits. :banana:

image_zpsmgink2z2.jpeg

Congrats on that pick up. That book is not that easy to acquire.

Agreed, it is one of the hardest Planets. It is noted as scarce in overstreet.

image_zpsmgink2z2.jpeg

Yes, that's a tough one indeed. I love the cover: it's a Will Eisner/Lou Fine co-creator jewel.

image_zpsmgink2z2.jpeg

Yes, that's a tough one indeed. I love the cover: it's a Will Eisner/Lou Fine co-creator jewel.

It looks like someone has made two punch holes in the middle of the cover, and then attempted to mask it with a piece of tape over the 'N'. Why on earth would anyone do that?

Great book tho' <3

image_zpsmgink2z2.jpeg

It looks like someone has made two punch holes in the middle of the cover, and then attempted to mask it with a piece of tape over the 'N'. Why on earth would anyone do that?

Great book tho' <3

To hold the circles in place that someone punched out with a holepunch. If those things are laying around it's hard not to want to punch holes in something lol

image_zpsmgink2z2.jpeg

Great book tho' <3

To hold the circles in place that someone punched out with a holepunch. If those things are laying around it's hard not to want to punch holes in something lol

I get you, but what I meant was, why would anyone punch holes in that particular place, in the first place? Crazy :insane:

I'd think probably just random for no reason, the comic was laying around and so was a holepunch. Probably the same reason I have lots of comics with doodles on them or defaced covers and pages, phone numbers on them or people adding up numbers on the covers, women using them to "bite" down on to remove excess lipstick etc.

This is my latest Planet baby addition.

I know many people would not touch a book like this with a big stick. It has obviously been severely downgraded because of the BRITTLE pages. I decided to buy it because it presents beautifully IMO plus I do not intend to crack it out :sumo:

I love it :cloud9:

a_zpswphonx7g.jpg

c_zpsv3ycoxth.jpg

b_zps7djxp8ki.jpg

I know many people would not touch a book like this with a big stick. It has obviously been severely downgraded because of the BRITTLE pages. I decided to buy it because it presents beautifully IMO plus I do not intend to crack it out :sumo:

a_zpswphonx7g.jpg

c_zpsv3ycoxth.jpg

b_zps7djxp8ki.jpg

26 is a great book. Fish faced men and one getting s laser shot through his chest in the back ground... simply pure coolness. You also have to love the back...who knew the secret weapon you MUST have is Lightening Ju-jitsu. Where has this info been all my life?

a_zpswphonx7g.jpg

c_zpsv3ycoxth.jpg

b_zps7djxp8ki.jpg

Very cool. Still on my want list.

a_zpswphonx7g.jpg

Very cool. Still on my want list.

Thanks for the positive comments guys :foryou:

Another baby for my small Planet family arrived today. :banana:

I had a choice of this book in 6.5 or 7.5. I chose the former because it is better centered and more colorful. Buy the book not the label :preach:

a_zpsvfrcprqa.jpg

b_zpsqsuzihkw.jpg

d_zpsnmz2yqkb.jpg

c_zpsq27ikewd.jpg